Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Murgos posted:

The AN-225 has a published capacity of 190 tonnes of cargo. Do they think the wings aren’t responsible for carrying that weight too?
It's entirely possible that they're not very smart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

bird with big dick posted:

The rule in my family was you don’t learn about the grass demon until you’re 13.
Completely unrelated, but I just wanna say that I appreciate the story that your avatar changes is telling. :v:

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Just like it took some very careful observation with somewhat precise measurements to establish a heliocentric solar system and involved at least three different people (Copernicus, Galileo, and Kepler) and about 50 years in total to be fully mapped out, it's entirely reasonable to suppose that before Eratosthenes calculated the circumference of the Earth by measuring shadows in Syene, some people had noticed that it sure seemed like traveling around on land or water meant that one had to be moving on the surface of a spherical object.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

It's something I've noticed you see a lot with the internet and right wing subcultures, but basically atheists and secularists keep reinventing apocalyptic Christianity just with less overt religious elements. The Apes and QAnon are just messianic doomsday cults, just as the Singularity was before it.
I suspect it's a subset of atheists who've adopted atheism as a form of rebelling, but still have that need to believe ~something~.