Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

Among my favorite details: VOP isn't actually registered as a non-profit (or as anything?) but takes in tens of thousands of dollars monthly in gift cards (being very careful not to take cash for legal reasons) but will accept things like Visa pre-paid cards that are as good as cash. And despite everyone calling it "Veterans on Patrol" its official name is "VOP" because in Arizona you have to fill out a one-page form to be able to use "Veteran" in your name to prevent fraud, and VOP mysteriously hasn't bothered.

Amazing, each sentence is shadier than the last :allears:

DarklyDreaming fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Jun 16, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Gen. Ripper posted:

Q-tips think the movement is catching on!! in Iran as evidenced by this twitter video of protesters chanting something that sounds like it might be "Q-Anon".

https://www.reddit.com/r/greatawakening/comments/8tt5xr/iranian_protesters_shouting_qanon_qanon_towards/?sort=top

I'd love to know what actual arabic phrase they're chanting but before that I want to remind everyone that they think "Cofeve" is angel speak for "Victory" so I'm sure this is the part where someone explains that it ties into Revelation somehow.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Oh right Iran.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

I still feel really unclear what the premise of why Q would be able to predict the future in some generalized way even is.

Because it's not really "The future" when all relevant players are acting according to a script determined months ago by some shady motherfuckers in a dark room with a globe in the middle of it

Somehow that's an ok thing to believe in and want to happen when they're on "Your side"

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Goon Danton posted:

Hi tech is dead, so go low tech. Take up blacksmithing, or forage for mushrooms. Raise goats.

Yeah my life has gotten a lot better ever since I learned how to forage wild plants. Not even joking it's a fun way to get exercise and food tastes better with fresh spices.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

eggsovereasy posted:

I went on a little road trip last weekend and saw a #QANON (Truth is Freedom) billboard in North Georgia. Despite following it fairly closely on the internet, it always shocks me when I see Q stuff in the real world.

Just yesterday I saw a #QANON poster accusing the CEO of Panera bread of sacrificing children to Satan glued to a junction box in Los Angeles. Looks like they're getting bolder as they lose relevance

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

RagnarokAngel posted:

QAnon seems like what if (((they))) control the workd but also we had our own guy just as powerful.

The only thing that stops a group of bad guys in secret boardrooms plotting the end of the world is a group of good guys in secret boardrooms plotting the end of the world

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Deathy McDeath posted:

Because of how stupid everything is, I can guarantee that the “super duper missile”, by virtue of being “17 times” faster, is going to be worked into Qanon more

Qanon 101: Whenever Trump says something unarguably stupid and embarrassing, he's actually speaking in code :beck:

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

So, so much racist grandpa energy coming off the phrase "Dancing asians"

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Why are so many people on house arrest? That hardly seems like a punishment in the present moment. Is there some kind of double agent setting them up to survive COVID?

The current Q-doctrine is that COVID is actually poisoned adrenochrome. Basically if someone you know gets it, it's just a flu and the doctors are part of the conspiracy, if a celebrity you've heard of gets it, they ate strategically tainted babies

DarklyDreaming fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Jun 15, 2020

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Origami Dali posted:

here's why he keeps asking for directions from the radio. He thinks he cracked the code and Q was sending him messages through a curated playlist of songs. He's also a birther of course, and thinks George Floyd's death was faked. That's right after suggesting that the cure for all this evil is to murder everyone that's in on it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2e4mZgXfEQI

poo poo like this just makes me sad because I used to have really bad Apophenia and Pareidolia until I got the right therapy for it, so when I hear there's a cult dedicated to reading codes out of typos in celebrity tweets and old movie scripts I just know that could have been me :smith:

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Chuka Umana posted:

To be honest I'm surprised there hasn't been a push in right wing media to give Trump more divine characteristics and make him to be a demigod or something.

A non-zero amount of Evangelicals have compared him to Cyrus The Great, which is their way of admitting he's actually a terrible Christian who they only voted for because he hates the people they hate.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Phobophilia posted:

I find this funny because all these assholes can't loving shut up about the 300 Spartans that Cyrus' son beat up in that little war of theirs.

Grandson :hist101:

Also Cyrus was killed by a woman whose son he killed after an ill-advised attempt to conquer Central Asia. There's like five different versions of that story because antiquarian history is spotty at best but all those stories have the same punchline.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

And all those people killed in mass shootings by Q enthusiasts are just a false flag. Obviously

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Bucky Fullminster posted:

To be fair I don't think I've heard the time travelling bit.

Basically there was this guy who thought (Or just said he did for the grift. It's impossible to tell these days) Q was actually himself from 50 years in the future sending messages for him personally to take down the Deep State. He was eventually kicked out of the movement after a schism

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

twistedmentat posted:

Any mention of Pizza = PEDOPHILES!!!

Though that second shirt is probably mocking Qanon/Pizzagate stuff.

Feels more like an offhand reference to this:

But when I was searching for a reference to that scene/quote I found some Q types talking about how it's proof Aubrey Plaza is part of the conspiracy so who knows.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Maybe when people google "Trump hosed up" their search bar will also show results for "Hillary Biden hosed up" 5D CHESS

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Does qanon disappear when Trump leaves office and no ones been executed

That's the big unknown and everyone is just theorizing at this point. Most likely a few will leave while the truest of the true believers will start doubling down and insist that Trump is still president of Secret America

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

IPlayVideoGames posted:

That’s a big running theme from what I’ve seen. One day everyone will give them the high levels of respect they know they deserve. Their family will come crawling back and beg them for forgiveness, and all their ex-friends will fawn over their genius.
I’ve also seen floating around the idea that they have been chosen by Q, destined to be set into high power positions in the new post-deep state utopia that Trump will help make a reality.

This is also why I'm convinced Q will evolve while staying more or less the same even after Trump leaves the white house. The Storm is basically a rebranded Rapture and it's easier emotionally to imagine floating up to heaven and looking down on the "Sinners" in your life than it is to apologize for treating them like poo poo.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Dr Christmas posted:

They like the waifs of Hillary's adrenochrome farms, pure, innocent beings of light who may or may not be human-alien hybrids and will lead us into the new Age of Aquarius and/or Rapture.

They loving hate actual children. They're smug, screeching snowflakes who need Trump or an ICE official to grab them by the pussy to trigger them out of their safe space before they #cancelculture wokescold participation trophies therapy dog.

That's all conservatives though :shrug:

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Ambitious Spider posted:

The Satanic Panic wasn't that long ago, and the West Memphis Three weren't freed until 2011. So in retrospect it's not so amazing they were locked up for so long, but rather they were ever released.

Every now and then someone goes over to Manhattan Beach with a shovel and the 100% certainty that they'll find the secret sex tunnels under the McMartin preschool once and for all. The Satanic Panic didn't really stop, so much as police stopped taking those kinds of accusations seriously while the accusers went on with their lives having learned nothing from the experience and suffering no ill consequences.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

IPlayVideoGames posted:

Do you mean the Getty Center? I didn’t realize someone drew a map of it. I remember a photo of a wall near the main entrance that they insisted was a secret door down into the bunker, and was a node of the mole children shipping network. Apparently if you walked near the wall you’d be killed on the spot by deep state snipers. There was also talk of Nazi psychics?

The thing about the Getty Center featuring in weird conspiracies is that it really does have an elaborate network of tunnels and warehouses directly underneath the museum that is inaccessible to the public and only higher level museum staff and government officials are allowed in.

Because it's right in the middle of dense LA scrubland and that's where the paintings go when the area catches fire. Which kinda happens a lot :ca:

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Blattdorf posted:

Sending Hillary over to another country doesn't seem like such a good idea when you realize that Obama's spying on Trump was made possible by the Five Eyes network. Besides, she could always offer to disclose US national secrets to get a better deal.

Ah... Zuh... Do... Do you know which countries are in FVEY? :psyboom:

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

IPlayVideoGames posted:

I can’t wait to see where the Q coaster goes next if trump were to somehow die from this. Granted, a lot of them still think jfk jr is alive, so Donald could just be running things from the shadows for the next 30 years.

If he does die from this, I can see Q going from the loving worst ARG to the loving weirdest ARG you could imagine. Without a daily tweet/press conference/rally to apply numerological bullshit to they'll start drawing from more random sources across time and space. The legends will say that if you find the 45 Mystic Ancient Geode Amber stones you can bring about The Storm that ends the world and replaces it with a better one. Somewhere in his last will and testament will be the codex key that only the wisest and bravest can use to decode the bible he held backwards at that DC church, and the adventure will begin.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

At this point it feels like a countdown before he takes credit for saving us from invasion by the moon spiders

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Ambitious Spider posted:

Trump retweeted some conspiracy about how they killed a clone and Obama Hillary and Biden killed seal team 6 to cover it up so that’s probably why they’re all about that today

I'd ask how they square that with the part where he failed bigly at getting them indicted again so recently, but I know the answer is "YOU'LL SEE! YOU'LL ALL SEE" :freep:

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

I think ultimately the whole thing is like following a television show for them—they only allow themselves to believe what they want to believe and ignore the rest to preserve the pleasure of the narrative. It’s essentially the way Americans construct celebrity as well, creating a narrative they can enjoy by forcing real historical people into archetypal roles in rote drama and not really caring that Robert Downy Jr gave drugs to a teenager to gently caress her because now he’s clean and happy etc.

This will always be the funniest thing about Q to me. A lot of their theories involve Hollywood as a unified institution acting on behalf of the Deep State pedo ring, but a cursory glance at a blog post by a major qultist will tell you that their perception of reality is shaped almost entirely by movies and pop culture

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

NASA will reveal that every state is Florida

It's what we deserve :unsmigghh:

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Yeah the thing about rich and powerful serial rapists like Epstein, Sandusky, Jimmy Savile, etc is that there are three kinds of people in their social and professional circles:

-Those who genuinely didn't know

-Those who knew but chose not to do anything because predators look out for other predators

-Those who knew but could do nothing or else risk their lives or at least their livelihoods

The problem is figuring out who fits into which slot can take years of coordinated effort, and not everyone's up for that

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

I’d give him an A if he said his real name was John Titor.

Was Titor from the 2020s or farther on?

The funny thing about Titor was that most of his posts had in-jokes and references to computer science/programming that anyone who knew how to code would understand as a signal that he was just trolling, but since most of the people browsing conspiracy websites think computers are latter day sorcery it went right over their heads

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
This video may not be relevant but this poo poo has conditioned me to assume everyone ranting about pedo conspiracies has some tie to Qanon somewhere:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrKUkSfvfG0

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Didn't he get really banged up in a car accident a while ago?

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i am curious if trump losing will break apart Qanon somewhat. like i dont think it will just go away or some poo poo. but it wouldnt shock me if it fractured into groups and started losing steam outside a few die hard weirdos like that rear end in a top hat who won the congress seat.

The split that's already emerging is "What do we do going forward" and "This is the final act to placate the Deep State and the net will drop on Biden's phony inauguration" Both accuse the other's lack of faith as the reason Trump will leave the White House on January 20th so I'm sure poo poo will be nice and civil going forward

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

This is that Rick and Morty joke about texting a Taylor Swift gif that can be interpreted a few different ways to avoid giving a hard Yes or No answer

Watch qultists cite it as proof that the Rapture will come tomorrow

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Everyone drop what you're doing Dan Olsen made a quasi-sequel to his flat-earth to Qanon pipeline video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icwDF8wRgF4

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Rob Rockley posted:

“Nuclear physics is fake” is a very real and niche conspiracy theory. They postulate that nuclear ships and submarines actually travel over undersea cables like some sort of electrified rail and that power plants are secretly just coal burning or whatever. I loving love it because every conspiracy theory has a reason it exists, like how flat earth proves the Bible, but I haven’t figured out what people get out of thinking the bomb is a hoax.

The Nazis believed that Relativity (The backbone of nuclear and several other sciences) was Fake Jew Science. In all practicality, this was entirely because Einstein was Jewish. Although if you pressed a high-ranking Nazi scientist during this time he'd probably give a long winded answer about how you can measure things like "Gravity" and "Chemistry" with practical experiments in your own home, while Relativity is something you need expensive equipment to measure and is therefore part of a plot by lying elites to attack and dethrone God.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Rob Rockley posted:

That being said, “mainstream Bible scholarship” and “what Americans actually believe” are vastly, vastly different things, and a big part of the problem.

Biblical Literalism is functionally impossible and potentially heretical in Christianity and yet a sizeable chunk of American Christians identify themselves as such :allears:

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Xiahou Dun posted:

Famous religion that only requires lip-service and not devout faith : Islam.

I remember growing up in a Texas suburb and having a dozen or so churches asking me to sign my name in their guestbook in exchange for local fast food coupons. They genuinely believed bribing teenagers into going to church once allowed them to save those innocent souls with God Magic, so why wouldn't the inverse be true? All Jamal your friendly Pakistani neighbor has to do is be nice once and suddenly your soul is dammed for all eternity for worshiping Satan who was pretending to be God the whole time

EDIT:

Dapper_Swindler posted:

why lie to each other. is it some emperors no clothes thing where they all want to look like believers but better or is it some American psycho poo poo but instead of business cards its bullshit conversion stories.

Emperor's No Clothes is the best way to put it. When no one calls anyone on their bullshit you can count on the believers next to you to have your back when you need them to

DarklyDreaming fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Dec 3, 2020

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

VitalSigns posted:

"This is My body, broken for you...unless it's handed out by a fiend who believes any of the following list of heresies: Arianism, Nestorianism, Monophysitism, Donatism, Pelagianism..."

"...Docetism, Premellinarianism, Athanasianism, Homoeanism, Heterousianism, Anomoeianism, Iconoclasm, Catharism--"

Well there goes an hour of my life reading up on lesser known varieties of Christianity on Wikipedia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

stillvisions posted:

Watkins wants a way to make verified Q drops and pleas for $$ on Parler and I'm guessing most of his security concerns revolve around the digital paper/money trail easily leading back to him.

At this point anyone who cares is 90% sure it's him or someone working in his circle but a paystub with "8kun LLC" at the bottom would probably be a line too far even for the average qultist