Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

I think I lean more towards this being an individual or small group running Q Anon; creating an inner story that other conspiracy theorists have bought into.

PJ you described how when you were in your otherkin cult the group would reaffirm certain concepts or ideas in order to establish their own stories and I think something like that is happening here; someone with a tenuous hold on reality (or perhaps a desire for attention) started the Q posts, possibly in hopes of eliciting some kind of action from the audience and as people bought in they evolved the concept, leaning into the theories in order to reaffirm their role as a mysterious deep operative.

I definitely can see the potential for the Russian angle but I think the password and the fact Q posts promote reverse engineering and passive activity ("oh this is what Q meant" or "don't worry everyone, Trump is gonna fix it") it feels less like an active operation and more someone playing into a fantasy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

twistedmentat posted:

It's always the gold standard.

I saw a graffiti removal guy cleaning some that said "google Qanon" near me. Great they're local now.

Why exactly do people fetishize the gold standard?

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Lethal Drizzle posted:

Pastebin by someone claiming to be part of the group that started Q, I don't really follow this stuff that closely I just like laughing at the crazy so can't say if it sounds super legit or not but was surprised to see it hasn't even been posted here.

https://pastebin.com/dZbP9hCt

The grammar here is awful; what exactly is this person claiming was the point of Q?

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Body double probably

Nah; they're gonna argue it's some kind of double bluff akin to what David Miscavige did with the Scientology Executives in the hole. Gotta maintain societal structure until the Deep State has been sufficiently eroded so they let Obama out of Gitmo to act like everything is "fine" and the Deep State doesn't catch on to the secret arrests. Because if they caught on they would start shoring up their defenses and start cracking down.

(For the record this is the result of too many YouTube videos about Scientology, not any genuine theory crafting because seriously it's the Qult; they'll handwave it.)

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Tollymain posted:

i dont really have the context for the scientology reference, whats that about

They go into solid detail in the Going Clear documentary (it's well worth a watch if you're curious about Scientology) but the gist is that David Miscavige (the guy who runs Scientology after Hubbard died) is basically batshit crazy paranoid and locked up most of the executive board in a little trailer to be physically and emotionally tortured because he believed they were scheming against him.

They were so indoctrinated however that they would be released to sing the praises of the cult on television (or in the case of Mike Rinder who was the head of PR) do interviews and suchlike. And they all did it and did it with a smile because it meant they MIGHT be forgiven.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

AWarmBody posted:

Looks like someone poo poo a green olive in a glass of white wine

Also it looks like they did a dirty pour there anyone who wants cubes in a martini needs to be thrown out of the bar immediately.