Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

https://qanonposts.com/

What if I told you that the three branches of the US government we were taught in school were a lie? That actual power is held by a secretive deep state that maintained its power regardless of election results and the shifting of political winds?

What if I told you that untold numbers of children were being trafficked under the auspices of an international cabal of Satan worshiping elites? And among their number was every mainstream politician and celebrity you've ever heard of? And that these members were so brazen as to constantly signal their allegiance in public using coded messaging?

And what if I told you that Donald Trump was the lone righteous man in Gomorrah?

That's right fellow Patriots, its time to discuss #QAnon.

So, what the hell is #QAnon?

It's the online Right's newest obsession, and a convenient way to explain away the fact that, despite their party controlling all 3 branches of the government and their dream president being in power, their political rivals still exist and the world hasn't been transformed the way they expected. It is also, in many ways, the continuation of the PizzaGate phenomenon.

Basically, late last year 4chan started receiving cryptic messages from a person calling themselves Q, a reference to Q level security clearance. Supposedly these messages originated from a high level insider of the Trump admin and offered clues to an upcoming purge of the Deep State. Said purge is often referred to as "The Storm" - a reference to Trump's line about "the calm before the storm" made in a speech. You can take a look at some of these posts yourself and see if you can decipher anything from them. These clues are referred to as breadcrumbs a lot of places online, but I refer to think of them as Q Tips.

I recommend reading this excellent article: http://nymag.com/selectall/2017/12/qanon-4chan-the-storm-conspiracy-explained.html It explains things much better than I ever could.

And this article (written by a Rothschild :tinfoil: no less), details QAnon's relationship with older crazy online conspiracy theories, specifically the cult of NESARA: https://www.dailydot.com/layer8/qanon-the-storm/

More than a few goons have requested a thread on this subject be made and quite frankly I'm just as curious as them to learn more about this stuff.

Okay, so what are some of the key claims of this Q person?

One of the problems I had trying to sort this out is that Q posts are deliberately vague and are subject to different interpretations by Q whisperers. Also there's loving hundreds of them and I ain't got time for that. But here are some things I've seen posted on 4chan, Twitter and Freep:

- There are thousands of sealed indictments working their way through the DC Courts system. The Inspector General is conducting an investigation into the Deep State and its pedophile masters. When it is released, Hillary, Obama, most Democrats, all the Hollyweird jerks, George Soros and basically anyone else the alt right doesn't like is going to be arrested and sent to Guantanamo Bay, which is being retrofitted to fit a large increase of prisoners.
- Trump tricked the Deep State into appointing Mueller to investigate the fake Russian scandal, giving Mueller (who is a secret Trump ally) cover to aid the REAL investigation into the Deep State.
- The Deep State is in deep panic mode and has been retaliating every way it can. Multiple false flag attacks, including Parkland and the Austin Bombing have been carried out as part of their secret war. Vegas was an op gone wrong(?).
- DNC Staffer Seth Rich leaked Hillary's e-mails to Wikileaks and was murdered on the order of John Podesta.
- The Saudi crown prince is a secret Trump ally, locking up his corrupt globalist family members and introducing reforms designed to move the nation away from Islam.
- Anthony Weiner's laptop, which was investigated by the FBI, contained a secret video of HRC doing something so vile it made veteran agents sick. The implication is that it was kiddy gore stuff.

And that's just off the top of my head. This poo poo is insane. It's best to think of this as basically being an entire counter mythology of American politics. And like in mythology, the prophecies of the seer are obscured and everyone has their own, slightly incongruous version of the folklore, one that freely intermingles with whatever other legends they already believe in. For those of you who buy into Prester Jane's theories, this should all seem pretty familiar.

But why should I care? Isn't this just another weird 4chan thing?

Because weird /pol/ poo poo is upriver from mainstream conservatism in the age of Trump. #QAnon Conspiracy resonates with the right because it both soothes the lingering doubts they have about Trump's inability to accomplish anything and echos the Manichaean worldview they believe in. Again, to put it into Narrativist Theory terms, it is a collective play acting of the Inner Narrative, making it feel real. Just search #QAnon, #GreatAwakening, #TrustThePlan, or any of their other hashtags and you can see the alternate reality being crafted in real time. And known CHUD and TV Weird Sean Hannity is a known believer in this nonsense, and I'm willing to bet some of the nuttier GOP politicians do too. But mostly this is another avenue to explore the American right's creeping madness, which is honestly a D&D Goon's favorite reading material.

Mantis42 fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Mar 25, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

R. Guyovich posted:

op, explain why we need ANOTHER thread cross-posting delusional right-wing nonsense and i'll take my finger off the gas button.

People kept asking for it? It comes up a lot in the RWM Thread and the Freep thread but isn't really on topic for either.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

For some reason they think ideology is genetically inherited. Merkel is Hitler's spawn is thus is a totalitarian globalist (I know, I know), Obama is Frank Marshall's secret kid and is a radical communist, etc.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

It's easier to get a baby out of a living Castro and lady Trudeau separated by a large geographical distance than it is to get a baby out of dead Hitler and mama Merkel separated by a decade of unlife.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Well they won't believe it because its just the Deep State blathering on about "muh Russia". If you're referring to the fact that Q originally sold Mueller as being on Trump's side, well, they've already switched gears and are now focused on the IG report being the "real" investigation that will redpill the normies or whatever. If that disappoints and the Democrats win back the House then I wouldn't be surprised if Q has trouble keeping the game up. That might be the moment of real narrative collapse, to use PJ's terminology.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Pope Guilty posted:

He was the original Q, the guy who gives James Bond his gadgets, until he died and John Cleese took over.

Or rather, until he faked his death in a car accident and went underground :tinfoil:

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Does Q think the Forbidden City is actually off limits to outsiders or what?

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Yea, the Daily Dot article is a good read. I hadn't even heard of Nesara before it. It's actually in the original OP but I think I should have wrote it better, oh well.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

sheep-dodger posted:

Oh, yeah, those photos would really hurt Obama's reelection chances, I can see why the deep state would try to keep them secret!

Maybe we have it backwards and the White Hats are trying to prevent the Deep State from releasing the photos because they make him look really cool.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Well if Twitter is anything to go on, a lot of older religious conservatives have glommed onto Q. I doubt @DeplorableDebra, age 46 or whatever, know s what Gamergate is.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Maybe Hillary is just a fan of Face/Off.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

paternity suitor posted:

Of all of the stupid things about QAnon, the "Q" clearance thing has bothered me the most because it's not even a DOD clearance. I'd never even heard of DOE clearance before until this dumb poo poo.

Its completely possible Q is actually an unimportant, but insane, DoE person who overestimates their own importance. Maybe its Rick Perry.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

https://twitter.com/SpitfireSuzy/status/988100969329131520

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Eox posted:

Uploading my consciousness to own the libs

It turns out we're all Cookies and some 4chan hacker turned San Junipero into a hellworld for the lulz.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Come to think of it, Hillary stealing adrenochrome from kids is basically a repackaged version of Annunaki harvesting adrenaline from abductees.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

You're supposed to laugh, bud.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

They don't understand monetary policy and gold is shiny.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

So in the response to the tweet someone posted this:

https://twitter.com/sallutephilipe/status/994677035804053505

What's this clip from? If you look at the Soundcloud there's another clip, about 30 minutes long, where 4 qtards talk about the logistics of hanging leftists.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Man, imagine being the Kyoon among a group of other Kyoons.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Something IS Awful
They don't say what.
"Goons" Mocking QAnon - Why?
Who Gains? Who loses?
(Who is Desmond Llewelyn? Why are his hands the suggested search term?)
Who owns Somethingawful?
What is his handle a reference to?
Follow the money.
What is the terrible secret?
Pak Chooie Unf
Why are stairs important?
Think "stairway to space"
We are PUSHING. They are PULLING
We will Win
#MAGA

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Qultists are going to dig up a bunch of Indian burial grounds and discover the secret conspiracy of rape, plunder and genocide that permeates American history. I've heard even past presidents were involved!

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I like that you can keep track of each cycle of compaction based on how granular the subreddit is.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Somehow disgracing the name of Goku offends me more than when they invoke religion.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Obviously he named himself Q because he knew Alabama was going to win. Past proves the future.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Obama dressed up as Gay Moloch to put a hex on Trump.

https://www.reddit.com/r/greatawakening/comments/8rdioi/could_it_be_barry/

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Well, they call Haiti the "Eat'n'gently caress Kingdom", at least.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Relevant Tangent posted:

He nuked Kansas. In multiple timelines. He didn't even do it to hurt Superman, he just hated Kansas so goddamn much.

As a Missourian let me say: 'bout time.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

JJ holds some progressive views though. He's anti-mutant bigotry, for instance.

:goonsay:

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Okay, prepare yourself. I've got my hands on the QAnon Grimoire... this is your last chance to take the blue pill and live a normal life...

e:
pre:
FREE ENERGY WILL ALLOW
HUMANS TO CLEAN & FREE 
THE EARTH TO BECOME
A MULTIDIMENSIONAL 
CIVILIZATION

Mantis42 fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Jul 3, 2018

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I just realized: Donald Trump is one of the Overlords from Childhood's End. He appears to be a demon, but in reality he is shepherding our race to a new, universal consciousness. I thought WWG1WGA was just simply a statement of solidarity, but now I realize that it will soon be literally true: We will be One, and we will "go together".

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

It's time for you learn who really won the Space Race....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1Sq1Nr58hM

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Paranoia Agent warned us all about meme magic years ago. It was a cartoon frog and not a dog who destroyed us in the end, but basically everything else was correct.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

My God is No Particle.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Dead conspiracy theories are million dollar scams waiting to be picked up by someone with no scruples.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Allowing myself to be psychologically manipulated to own the libs.

Alternatively: What does God need with a psyop?

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Well, JFK Jr first popped up as a victim of Hillary's ambition. If he hadn't died he would have been her biggest challenger for New York's Senate seat.

Honestly, the son of the slain president - the last great statesman who paid the price for taking on the Deep State - faking his own death as part of a 20 year gambit to bring justice to the Cabal.... it's kind of an awesome plot. Nonsense, of course, but hot drat sometimes I wished I lived in their world.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Its very fitting that, as /pol/ embraces reactionary politics, Satanic Panic, and homeopathic remedies (remember the "eat raw onions to build testosterone" craze?), their new big meme is the "30 Year Old Boomer". That's what they are.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Goons used to post the quote so often in USPol that it became a meme. Not that it isn't apt.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I hope its literally just Bill Corbett again and its a troll interview.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Idk, the Lone Gunmen pilot practically predicted 9/11, as did a few other things, as conspiracy theorists like to point out. The idea was out there.