Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Is this the same as that white rabbit stuff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

I wonder if they know CIA agents can use full sentences?

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Oh, then I have bad news.
https://twitter.com/jjmacnab/status/973681633349046274
Big old thread.

So yeah, like all kinds of nutsy right-wing crap, Qanonism is gonna fuel violent criminal action.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

I think all you need to do to be Qanon is be someone who's good at writing nonsense and cold-reading /pol/ jerks, and who also reads a lot of politics. The suckers want to believe.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Argas posted:

I can buy what PJ is saying because the common counter argument that anyone could write gibberish reminds me of the old tales that anyone can be a video game writer.

Anyone can be a video game writer, in the sense that there is nothing stopping anyone from writing a game. Loads of people write games all the time. Y'all are looking at Undertale and deciding that it's success means that Toby Fox is actually secretly 20 guys from EA.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

It seems like people who buy into Satanic Panic conspiracies just inherently need there to be basements and tunnels involved.

Hell is underground. Therefore, evil deeds need to be committed underground.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

EdithUpwards posted:

Q is Kermit.

And he has 'the rainbow connection'.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Secretly, it's actually a San Francisco Chinese gay bar named 'The Forbidden City'.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

The idea of Trump being able to fend off a professional assassin in a fight is hilarious.

He's probably the single politician in office in America that would be least plausible for. And I'm including a terminal cancer patient and a double amputee in that calculus.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Ahaha, we're gonna have a wingnut criticality event!

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

And apparently by 'shedding of blood' God specifically means cannibalism, and not all forms of violence. (Or phlebotomy, I guess.)

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

and if so much as a shop gets looted
they squeal
Beggars, villians, gutter rats

At least those jerks acknowledge that the shop was looted.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

hitchensgoespop posted:

It's almost like this now exists as the parallel universe they WISH they were living in. As Trump flails from disaster to disaster they can continually double down with this other narrative that is far more palatable.

Political fanfiction. Self-insert fanfiction, at that.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

In this context, it sounds like a warning. 'Follow me, and we shall all destroy everything we spent our whole lives building, then die in obscurity.'

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Of course, with the same incredibly low standards of evidence, you could take any random photo and use it to prove that Trump is a long time fan of My Little Pony and is going to nationalize Hasbro in order to de-canonize the Friendship is Magic era and bring it back to it's greatness in the '80s for the true fans.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Warmachine posted:

I'm always half surprised that Ur-Fascism got its own emote, but then again.

It's the single most useful emote we have in this forum, above even :psyduck:, :stonk:, and :unsmigghh:.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Tollymain posted:

thats a really dumb slogan

It's got good rhythm and it sounds full of meaning but is actually a empty signifier. For a conspiracy theory movement like this, that's absolutely stellar.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

The Lone Badger posted:

I know this is missing the point, but you could ring any of a dozen different Chinese chemical companies and have a conversation along the lines of "Hi, I'd like some partially-oxidised epinephrine... yes carboys are fine... next month? Excellent." Where do the tortured children come into it?

Or you could just buy cocaine like a civilized wastoid.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

OAquinas posted:

I'll believe it when I see it; these things either go off massively or land like a wet fart.

Usually the latter. 4chan stuff runs on enthusiasm, and they tend to lose focus easily.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Tollymain posted:

man, whatever happened to haruspicy

These dorks don't have the guts for that.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

What kind of mentally ill do you need to be for that to make any kind of bloody sense? Especially given that they somehow think this is related to the Trump Administration.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Kai Tave posted:

The bit where it falls apart is "German scientists inventing a bunch of war-winning superweapons" because the mythic status of German WWII wunderwaffen has been dramatically overblown by both Hollywood and the sort of person who can't resist the opportunity to tell anyone who'll listen how incredible the Tiger tank was.

I don't know why. The bit about their wonderwaffen all being complete piles of useless crap is the best part.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

They've got it backwards. The secret tunnel is shipping the remains of American soldiers out to the Ping Pong place, where it can be shipped to Mexico so the ISIS Cartel super-soldiers can devour their bodies and get their Americanness!

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

Bonus "free energy" fact insane theory: Many also believe that airplanes run on compressed air, not jet fuel. This has some nice tie-ins with 9/11 conspiracy theories, for obvious reasons.
What ostensible reason do they have to believe such an insane thing?

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

I'm pretty sure there is no such thing as being too crazy to operate a computer.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

'Kult of Athena?' Seriously? Athena would puke over this poo poo.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

I'm surprised Qanon would appeal to Japanese conspiracy theory right-wing types.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Mackers posted:

its still pretty amazing how far down some of these people have spiraled. I could never have imagined this Q poo poo would spread like it has

it's a widespread mental health crisis at this point imo and idk how the gently caress you begin to fix it

Actually having something resembling public mental health treatment resources in this country would be a good start, but basically nobody gives a crap about the mentally ill in this country and our society has essentially nothing but contempt for them.