Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

R. Guyovich posted:

op, explain why we need ANOTHER thread cross-posting delusional right-wing nonsense and i'll take my finger off the gas button.

i'm not the OP but this sounds like something we're going to be seeing a lot in most of the atrocity zones, similarly to pizzagate and Benghazi and whatnot, and knowing what the gently caress a #QAnon is might be pretty helpful to understanding the general thrust of right-wing nonsense in the near future

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

DangerousDan posted:

It might be Discordians doing this, maybe.

This would be sort of uncharacteristic of them, Discordians tend to be pretty benevolent.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Dan Schneider is a really bad example here because it legitimately wasn't anti-semites pointing at him on 4chan, it was other pedophiles noticing sketch poo poo in his shows and rejoicing that he's one of their own.

Like, maybe my experience is slightly skewed by seeing this poo poo on /co/ back in the day and not really venturing outside of /co/ and /v/, but it seemed like it was... weirdly apolitical, as disgusting as it was.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

TulliusCicero posted:

Memes as art...

Just gently caress everything :suicide:

I mean if LHOOQ and Fountain count as art then there's no real reason to discount memes

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
ok so I was listening to Magic Sword on youtube and all the comments are about loving idiot QAnon bullshit :wtc:

i googled around and found a bunch of 4chan gibberish confirming that yep, QAnon dorks have turned their attention to my favorite band, but it was... not enlightening as to why or how or what the gently caress

does anyone else know anything about this, or hopefully enough to give me a plain-english explanation?

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
so, y'all know how I was talking about the synthwave act Magic Sword getting latched onto by QAnon fuckers?

i went to a show of theirs last week and it was uh

Not Good

there were a lot of loving Nazis in the crowd, like holy god loving drat it is on my shortlist for most uncomfortable and terrifying experiences

and the band was way off their game and at least one member was drunk off his rear end, for frankly understandable reasons, so i couldn't even really get into that part

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
PJ has very consistently been alarmist and somewhat frightening to read, but PJ has also very consistently been right so I'm not really sure the constant dunking is warranted

Like, shockingly enough, sometimes a mentally ill person can have insightful things to say, and I'm sort of amazed a left-leaning forum is having trouble with that idea

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
no, for real, what the gently caress is that :psyduck:

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
:cripes:

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Blue Moonlight posted:

I personally wouldn’t think meat of any kind, let alone child meat, would go well in toaster strudel.

those toaster scramble things that are like bacon, egg and cheese toaster strudels are loving amazing

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Sidebar, but what the hell exactly is local volunteering gonna do against QAnon?

You don't deradicalize Nazis by feeding them and sheltering them. That just makes fed, sheltered Nazis.

e: like, I don't think posting at them is exactly a great option, either, but this seems to be an argument about which hilariously ineffective option is marginally better out of the two, not "what is an actual good option?"

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Bucky Fullminster posted:

Black, Manafort and Stone, literally built a business on selling foreign agents access to American politicians. It's a matter of Public Record. Listen to the Manafort episode of behind the bastards. They basically created the industry of subversive political influence. You can see it all yourself. There is indeed a lot of "yeah, that's suspicious", and three things you even appear to admit ARE conclusive.

You have all the evidence in front of you. There is nothing to contradict it. It seems the only reason to not believe it is that we don't have them on tape signing a contract saying "Hey Jim Can You Make This Q Thing For Us".

The problem is, proof he's involved doesn't equate to proof that he "is Q." The tweet seems really quick to declare him to be the head of the operation, when it seems more likely that he's just one head of the hydra and we still need to figure out the rest of it.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

sitchensis posted:

There was a bizarre anti-pedophilia march in my city over the weekend. One of the protestors held a sign that said "Stop Adrenochrome Harvesting!" Is this some kind of new flank to the QAnon poo poo? Can someone fill me in?

It's one of the oldest parts of it, actually, they think Hillary Clinton is keeping a horde of mole-people locked up in the basement of a pizzeria (that has no basement) so that she can get high off eating their brains

No, that's not a joke, before you ask

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Honestly, when you take a step back and look at QAnon, it's sort of amazing that any human being on planet loving Earth could possibly believe it and not immediately smell bullshit.

It honest-to-God sounds like a shitpost, or something Hideo Kojima's bizarro-world chud twin would write.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Try taking that talk to the Epstein thread. I think they’ve been primed to accept posts like yours.

RagnarokAngel posted:

Care to attach the strings between pins for us?

packetmantis posted:

Please just stop posting.

...wait are y'all seriously just now finding about the Business Plot? because that's not an insane conspiracy theory, it was absolutely a thing. Butler went straight to Congress with it, a committee investigated it, and came back with the answer of "yep, they were definitely planning that, we can't find any evidence that they were executing it but everything else lines up"

after which, there were no prosecutions, but i'm not entirely sure that means anything given that everyone involved was rich or well-connected enough to be effectively above the law.

i feel like that's usually one of the earlier things people find out about that makes them realize the wealthy are fundamentally, inherently irredeemable

e: granted, i'm not sure what it has to do with QAnon exactly, but bringing up the Business Plot in and of itself isn't gonna make me inherently hostile, because i'm pretty clear that it was a thing and not brainwormed nonsense.

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Sep 2, 2020

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I mean people have mostly been calling Bucky a crazy person and/or an idiot rear end in a top hat for suggesting this, I don't think framing it as a polite disagreement is entirely honest

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
tbh i think Bucky is potentially onto something reasonable (the premise that QAnon is Roger Stone fuckery doesn't seem overly out there or anything)

but, like a large majority of us, he has Cool Zone Brain and is very overly emotional about it + not really articulating his point well

i get why he's being received badly, but i feel like we should probably try to be a little more sympathetic and not piss in the well for once, because i think pretty much everyone has some level of :brainworms: going on at this moment in time and he's not exactly unique. and pissing in the well isn't making him articulate his point better, it's just riling him up and making him worse at it.

e: while i do think it's possible for SA to get infiltrated, and i think i've actually put that idea forth before (i honestly think it's plausible on the sole basis that the guy who started Bellingcat, a thing that the Russian gov't is very very angry about the existence of, is a prominent user and former mod on this very sub, and Putin is enough of a petty rear end in a top hat that I'd buy it even if SA is relatively dead)

i don't think it'd be a guy with a 2007 regdate suggesting a premise that's more or less believable and just being very bad at explaining it

that'd be a weird loving way to infiltrate a forum when the pattern on, say, twitter or reddit is more "a flood of new accounts showing up just to yell about whatever they're being paid to post about, which is usually aggressively stupid and/or Nazi bullshit"

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Sep 11, 2020

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

90s Cringe Rock posted:

Are you suggesting Lowtax is going to get some sweaty Novichok socks in the near future, or is Jeffrey a Russian hacker?

Brown Moses founded Bellingcat, which has devoted a lot of time to journalism on hosed up poo poo Putin does. I don't think they'd go as far as killing anyone involved with the site or taking it over entirely, but them pulling some sort of forums fuckery to get a weird petty own in on him is a thing I'd watch out for.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
tbh smoking with/smoking out your dealer makes sense if you're buying from one of your friends, but not really so much when you're buying from a random

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Pretty good posted:

He visited Epstein's island in the 2000s

one thing that's come out is that a decent chunk of the people who went to his island were either actively shielded from his bullshit because epstein wanted them around for reasons that weren't child sex, or were just genuinely too dumb to put 1 and 1 together on what was happening

like, apparently matt groening was around some nasty poo poo, but per one of the victims who claimed this, seemed to have absolutely zero clue that everything wasn't on the up and up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

He gave one of them a personalized signed and dated sketch of Homer Simpson and another one for her to give to her dad who she said also liked the show. I feel like even a pedophile rapist who felt very protected or someone who was vaguely aware there might be some rape happening would stop a little short of doing that exact thing.

...you know, it just clicked for me that he might have actually caught on, not been okay with what was happening, and decided his best play was to 1) not rock the boat, 2) play as dumb as possible, and 3) give one of the victims some hard evidence of Strange poo poo Going On to take home with her.