Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

vanguard was actually fun when things worked, it was just all the half completed areas and game breaking bugs that ruined it

like at one point the game had areas that were finished and somewhat polished and doing all the quests and pve poo poo there was a blast but if you tried doing content that was long ago written off gl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

you kinda have to be either benzo or opiate withdrawal is a bitch so you gotta chase that dragon or else

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

the only niche mmo that has done well in recent years i can think of is project gorgon and that's because 2 people are making it so they could afford to give it away for over a year until enough people got into it through word of mouth that the audience was there for the very economic buy-to-play model official release

like people have said chances are the development costs for pantheon are going to be too high for the likely playerbase it'll attract at launch

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Kak posted:

I can't believe you guys are giving this up after they tightened up the graphics on the orcs.

they don't deserve the vision

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

i wasn't hyped about the game before but how can i not be now

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

yall a bunch of haters that video was nonstop rad dudes living their best lives

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Line Feed posted:

How loving hard is it to make a successor to Everquest it was a game made in the Stone Ages. These developers have the mental disabilities.

they did, it's called wow and it took the worst things from eq and ditched the best parts

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Six AM posted:

Lol people still think this stupid poo poo

ya it's not like they hired eq raiders to help design the game and admitted they got the idea for wow while playing eq and thought we could build a game like this ourselves

oh wait all that stuff did happen, wow is just blizzard eq

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Willias posted:

I think he's talking about the stupid bit where you said "wow took the worst parts of eq and forgot the best parts"

because the best parts of EQ were not where you camped in one room of a dungeon for 6 hours grinding exp and hoping an item dropped

the best parts of eq were the world building, immersion and flavor skill stuff

the worst part was raiding

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

cc really has been left at the wayside in favor of aoe'ing everything in a dungeon at once

last time i played wow you ran dungeons like you were grinding xp in a typical korean mmo

ffxiv too

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

that music video is if like sourshoes from the howard stern show wasn't amazing at impressions or prank phonecalls but just as batshit crazy

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

at least the star citizen and shroud idiots have had something play, idk how anyone could stay engaged for years to a project that hasn't even released a buggy tech demo for the diehards yet

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Freakazoid_ posted:

I once thought Garriott and McQuaid were essentially fighting for the direction of what's left of the MMO industry.

It's funny to see how both have failed, but at least Garriott tried got something that sort of looks like a game out the door.

he also fleeced way more nerds

not to mention he was buying assets off the unity store cheap, turning them around and selling them to idiots for a stupid amount, if you are going to grift do it right

Percelus fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Oct 8, 2019

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

brad had his demons and failures what that's also what made him a real person to me

rip to a real one

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

1st person eq is haram

fact- you cannot see your ogre scratch their butthole in fps mode

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

cmdrk posted:

EQ didn't get the WoW-like camera until somewhere between 2002-2006.

Playing third person was really hard when the camera tracked oddly like an early N64 game when they weren't really sure how to deal with cameras and gave them their own button.

it was definitely a must to slap F9 until you got an optimal butt scratching viewport when standing around trading though.

i started playing eq in 99 and was one of the people that got hosed with a super late ruins of kunark boxed delivery and i stand by my original post

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

"i would really like to defecate in this game that is never coming out"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Freakazoid_ posted:

I think we know what stonefish has on his mind.

:metis: