Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Zil posted:

Vanguard Bard has been the best designed Bard in any MMO so far.

Best rogue class, best bard class, best monk class. To be honest the entire class structure was top notch in Vanguard.

I will never, ever forget playing my rogue on the FFA PVP server and sleep darting everyone for minutes at a time. So much fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Jimbot posted:

That game's sky boxes and volumetric clouds were pretty incredible, even by today's standards. I remember seeing a video that just play a day/night cycle from that game at 3 or 4x the speed and it was amazing looking.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who though this.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Oh those sweet, sweet Vanguard vibes.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Zil posted:

So is there a countdown before the first "I was fired because I stopped letting Brad steal my pills" post shows up?

I can't hear you over my nostalgia :homebrew:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Node posted:

So how much do you think I should pledge to this game

I'm in for $10K...

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Percelus posted:

you kinda have to be either benzo or opiate withdrawal is a bitch so you gotta chase that dragon or else

how sad is it that i am probably going to play this game?

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

DeathSandwich posted:

You could say I'm a bad game aficionado.

:same:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

deathbagel posted:

I have been sitting here trying to think of what all MMO's I've played. I think I have a problem...

And I know there are more that I'm missing.

A lot more :shobon:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Warhammer Online > DAoC. :c00lbutt::hf::clint:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

cmdrk posted:

edit: INT casters when?!

Whenever bloodmages are in.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I can't imagine playing the same things for 20 years.....*checks which forum he's in* :negative:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Node posted:

Me too. Dude had a lot of faults. But he gave me Everquest, and Vanguard (even though Vanguard was in lovely shape at release) and as far as I'm concerned, no other MMORPG has ever come close to those except UO.

I still hold Vanguard close to my heart. So many unique classes, so much fun with goons at launch on the Open PVP server. Also volumetric clouds :3:

Did anything ever happen with an emulator for Vanguard?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Node posted:

Vanguard really made all the classes more interesting. And the two additional classes, the Disciple and Blood Mage, were very creative and fun as hell to play.

Have to quote this because Vanguard's classes were the best.