Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Dibs on the RSAAF, under Frederik Sigmund.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Dibs on Voortrekker Special Forces

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Dibs on the Superheavy tank division :getin:

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
Dibs on the the boat squadron

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
I'll take the Infantry division near Bloemfontein. They will be known as de Bergenieren and lead by !appropriate rank here! Van Hoogewezen.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
Give me a taaaank

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

I'm taking to the skies, sir! Boer's Bombers will make these Zulu's wish they had just given up!

Aeromancia
Jul 23, 2013
Dibs on an infantry division. Peter Van Doorn won't go down without a fight!

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
Gay Geheim of the Voortrekker Special Forces is ready to Blow up some railroads.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
I'll take some ground pounders

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

But but. I wantd to play the Zulus.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012

Veloxyll posted:

But but. I wantd to play the Zulus.

Same

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Same here too :(

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
I will open it up to the Zulus. I will rewrite the scenario

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

It's only natural people would want to Zulu it up, the underdog fighting against the imperialists and all that. Of course in this timeline, who knows? :toot:

Shaka. When the walls fell.

Poil fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Apr 16, 2018

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
I HOPE YOU ZULU FANS ARE READY FOR SOME BICYCLE AND MOTORCYCLE CAVALRY!

This is the eThekwini PD. Although more of a classic gendarmie than civil police force, their ultimate goal will be either defending to the last man eThekwini, or patrolling the countryside for surprise South African units.

The eThekwini Guards are a special heavy infantry unit, equipped with mortars, heavy machine guns, and entrenched squads. Although they have a slightly stronger attack than regular infantry, they are excellent defenders and will be extremely hard to push out.

This is a recon division, of which there are two, equipped with motorcycles and bicycles, this unit has versatility in scouting and rapid movement with relatively high attack. Odds would be in the favor of this recon unit either driving deep towards the coast to force the South African army to spread out, or to attempt to encircle the attackers around Maseru (a gung-ho commander might attempt to capture the diamond mines or Bloemfontein with this unit).

These are the bread and butter divisions that Zulu will be using, there are four divisions and they are mainly cavalry based, hence the symbol. If you haven't noticed by this point, the Zulu army is much better equipped for defense than attack, in line with the tactics that could be reasonably expected of the time. These units are deployed in the south and in Maseru, and although they can mount a counterattack, would probably be best used for defense unless the situation changes.

The Zulu navy is underequipped. The best they can hope for is to delay. Light early cruisers may prevent a South African landing, but it is only a matter of time.

These are Boer communists. They are in the north near Bloemfontein. They support the Zulu's anti imperialist crusade, and have armed themselves against the seemingly fascist British crusaders. They cannot move until the war starts (turn 2 or 3)

There are two units of Zulu guerillas. These are native Zulu citizens who are trapped behind the South African frontier. They are heavily armed with German weaponry and can move before the war starts. They will most likely blow rail lines and cut SAF lines of supply. With guts and a distracted South Africa, they can wreak havoc near East London.

If eThekwini gets taken, the Germans get involved. This unit consists of multiple leased Bohemian (Czech) designs, as well as heavy assault infantry, which was used to great success in the 1st Great War. This unit's dominance would only be rivaled by a combined Japanese/Scandinavian task force.

Do you want to favor offense or defense?

Top Hats Monthly fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Apr 16, 2018

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Zulu Navy

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
I want to be the Boer Communists please

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Defense without being reactionary

By that I mean most of our units seem to favor holding good ground, but the various high mobility and disruptive units could lead to favorable conditions on the front line for counterattacks that don't risk overextension or a more general offensive.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Sorry for semi discombulated posts, this is relevant for both sides. You can still sign up for units! I want you to pick which side you will be on for voting affairs. South Africa or Zulu. Once you pick a side, you are on it until the scenario ends.

There is approximately 200 victory points in Zulu territory, and about 100 victory points in South African territory, this means that the scenario starts off with a Zulu victory. Both sides can invest victory points. During the war, this will include embargoes, the use of chemical gas, and demands for foreign intervention (the costs of which are extremely steep).

ZULU PREWAR DECISIONS (You can select any combination, or just one. Or none at all.)

Spend 25VPs expanding the police, and German deniable assets.

Police units will be formed in uMgungundlovu, Maseru, Fort Shaka, and eThekwini. These will be civil police units, but the extra bodies may stem the South African tide. A light German recon unit will be deployed in the north.

Spend 50VPs expanding the Fort Shaka fortifications on the South African border

This will expand Fort Shaka five hexes, making it substantially larger, while also allowing for more units to start in "war footing". The price for this is extremely steep though politically, and will make South African victory much easier if the line falls, as they do not have to capture as much territory. Fixed garrison units will appear across the border. These are immobile fortifications.

Spend 100 VPs expanding the army

This is a massive investment that will immediately make this scenario a draw if neither side can take territory, but will result in certain Zulu defeat if any territory is captured. This modernization program will include a new armored division, aircraft, a marine infantry division, and artillery battalions.

Spend 150 VPs on flipping Oranje and the Boers

The South African armies will start massively understrength, and Oranje will be allied with the Zulus against South Africa. This is an EXTREMELY powerful option, but almost complete capture of South Africa is required for a victory. Scandinavian intervention forces will have a 50/50 chance of intervening for or against Oranje depending on the situation.

Spend ??? VPs on political concessions

This will result in a diplomatic meeting between South African players and Zulu players. Post if you are interested in being a diplomat and you will bargain for a peaceful resolution to this conflict. The cost in VPs will vary by the final agreement and who gets the better deal. If no agreement is made, war begins.

SOUTH AFRICAN PREWAR DECISIONS

Spend 25VPs on a group of Japanese advisors

Japanese advisors will increase the theater reconnaissance of South Africa, giving the South African military a much better idea of what is going on.

Spend 50VPs expanding the air arm

Purchased Scandinavian and Japanese air designs will make the air force significantly stronger and able to intercept ships, supplies, and do direct combat support. This will add a few more squadrons to the RSAAF.

Spend 50VPs on "new" ships

South Africa can buy two outdated cruisers from Japan. This will make the South African navy tower over the Zulu navy.

Spend 100VPs on Oranje-South Africa border concessions

South Africa can concede parts of the border off map in exchange for Oranje contributing to the conflict from the get go, rather than if Zulu forces approach their borders. This force is two Oranje cavalry divisions, Oranje Gendarmie, and three units of pro-South Africa Boer guerillas behind Zulu lines. If both South Africa and Zulu select this option in numbers, the scenario changes into a double civil war

For either side, if you can think of an appropriate VP cost, I will consider any action put forward

Top Hats Monthly fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Apr 16, 2018

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

South Africa

I vote to expand the air arm (of course) and invest in Japanese advisors.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
South Africa

I vote to get some Japanese advisors and see if we can get at least one of our infantry divisions equipped with bicycles and other vehicles to add movement speed, recon capability and overall flexibility.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

I will be reforming this LP in a new thread, the subject matter has shifted, and we will restart from there.

Thank you for helping me complete my first real LP!

• Locked thread