Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

C if Spain has no allies that would join her. A otherwise, though I'm not sure if we could effectively project to Alaska.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Think we're better served going for targets of opportunity to pick up colonies and resource areas.

But hey, Spain C.

wedgekree fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Mar 30, 2018

puppets freak me out
Dec 18, 2015

Vicky is the only Paradox series I haven't played, so I'm wondering: does eastern Russia have anything that would really benefit us as far as resources are concerned? I'd have to imagine the Philippines would have more to offer, but that's a total guess.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
D

Fray
Oct 22, 2010

puppets freak me out posted:

Vicky is the only Paradox series I haven't played, so I'm wondering: does eastern Russia have anything that would really benefit us as far as resources are concerned? I'd have to imagine the Philippines would have more to offer, but that's a total guess.

Sakhalin has some coal, but otherwise there's not much unless we push all the way to middle Siberia. Philippines have iron and tropical wood, which are pretty good.

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017
C. The Treacherous Spaniards were the only ones who dared to spill Japanese blood in the last war and throwing them out of the Pacific entirely would be a great justice for what they have done. Likewise, the Philipines are far more valuable than some frozen tundra to the north. Rubber and tropical woods and control of the sea routes would be far more useful than (mostly) uninhabited wastes.

Also, the Russians did fight beside us during the war, while their government collapsed, we owe the Russians no ill will, and the Spaniards are nearby and feeling satisfied.

Your Most Divine Majesty, My Emperor, please allow your loyal Admiral, Shimamura Oto to lead Your Majesty's navy into combat!

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

wedgekree posted:

Think we're better served going for targets of opportunity to pick up colonies and resource areas.

But hey, Spain C.

The Emperor is not interested in long term planning at the moment. He has been personally humiliated and needs a victory.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
To attack our ally who took the brunt of the war would be dishonorable.

Always B conquering China.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

D this is no time to be shirking from our eventual goal

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
We will take Spain’s Pacific possessions from them as punishment for spilling the blood of our loyal subjects!

Austria had no real interest in freeing Korea! They were just a Spanish lapdog!

C

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Fray posted:

C. Philippines are a better prize than Sakhalin and Alaska.

sakhalin has coal or oil or some decent goods and is cored with correct culture but yeah, we can always grab that poo poo later

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011
Voting A.

Admiral Saruwatari Taiki (surname, given name) is reporting for duty, my Emperor.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Actually, you know what, if attacking Spain is just to conquer the Phillipines, then I vote C. Conquer the rest of the Asian landmass before squeezing China will (hopefully) give you the resources and manpower to go toe-to-toe against their armies.

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Yamagata Hikaru

Known to be unusually young, charismatic and...feminine...Yamagata Hikaru leads the Manchu Rapid Intervention Force based in Chongjin, Korea, Yalu military department. This is a fancy name for being the first troops to cross the Yalu, should war break out with China. The MRIF also has the capability to be transported by the Japanese navy to hotspots around the world. Hikaru's facial hair seems pretty terrible, with accusations that it might be glued on.

:roflolmao: This is everything I could have dreamed of.

Pushing for C.

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017
Let's not forget that not only are the Spanish ones who actually shot at Japanese during the war, but at this point they likely do not have Core status on the Philipines, which means, unlike Korea, when we take them there will not be any future 'humanitarian' claims by the other Great Powers to make the Philipines independent, once we take them they'll be ours for good.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Voting remains open for another 4 hours

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014
A is super scummy and treacherous but also smarter in the long-run, Russia can easily rebuild its armies and industry and isn't going to be this weak again, if ever.

Also this LP is basically going to be anime

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Voting closed

Towards the Philippines.

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017
Excellent! Hopefully after this campaign the Spaniards will never be able to muster a battlefleet into the Pacific.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Please tell me of the glorious adventures of Sebasu Mojojojo. Portly, bewhiskered and a little overfond of imported Sherry/hopeless assaults, he is nonetheless a fine tactician and eager to bring glory to the Emperor!

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Certainly! My save poo poo itself after a very fun update I had planned so I have to roll back and start again. The synopsis was Russia inexplicably allied with Spain, allowing both goals to be accomplished. No idea why the save broke, but I will play again. Hopefully the same thing happens :laffo:

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
Nozomashikunai Kamonohashi Is ready to serve Japan! Just not, like, too close to the frontlines.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Certainly! My save poo poo itself after a very fun update I had planned so I have to roll back and start again. The synopsis was Russia inexplicably allied with Spain, allowing both goals to be accomplished. No idea why the save broke, but I will play again. Hopefully the same thing happens :laffo:

:paradox:

Fingers Crossed that the Eastern Co-Prosperity Sphere rises again!

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

unwantedplatypus posted:

Nozomashikunai Kamonohashi Is ready to serve Japan! Just not, like, too close to the frontlines.

If you see this before tonight, you can be deployed either on Korean policing, or guarding Tokyo Bay.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Expanding South...Sort of

Given the council that he should expand and take on Spain, the Emperor, coffers full, orders the massive expansion of naval bases. Japan's land power has been great, but to truly expand into the ocean they need a navy.

However, nations are trying to take what is rightfully ours. The Emperor has decreed before and he decrees again. If the Great Powers want Korea, they will have to come and take it.

As a crisis begins to brew, Japan hails its first real set of elections. The reactionary Shogun party has been supplanted for the first time in centuries by the power of aristocrats and capitalists. The more politically central Court Faction, long in the Emperor's ear, was put into power. Of course, the Emperor can always override, but he decided that he would settle with this new democratic form of government. More worryingly, anarcho-liberals have entered the parliament. Some members of the capitalist faction are very much for it, but the aristocracy fears what may happen if they let the capitalists take control.

Russia's descent continues. Ukraine breaks free from Russia, independence at long last. Let us take a look at Russia.

Hardly any land is not populated by a coalition of rebels, from reactionaries, to anarchists, Estonian and Belarussian nationalists, the situation is a mess. The rebels spread from Poland to Siberia. If it were not for Russia's alliance with France, the Emperor would consider a police action to rescue the people of Sakhalin.

The elite shock unit, led by one of the most promising generals in the army, Sebasu Mojojojo, forms, with new units capable of bringing down fortresses, engineers. His task will be to take Manila.

But plans are scrapped. The most powerful country in the world wants to start a fracas over Korea. The military high command orders an immediate change of plans. Spain is no longer the top priority. Although the UK does not have quite the ability to project power in far east Asia yet, it does have Australia, New Zealand, and India, as well as small parts of Johore. Special care must be taken that the mainland is protected. In the colonies, a special mission is prepared.

Spain falls from great power status. A large hand in that was the loss of their troops in Malaysia, bringing down their warscore. This combined with the heavy prestige losses that occupied territory take, they no longer are a great power. In this crisis, it might have been helpful for them to be a GP, they almost certainly would have joined the British, and we could have taken the Philippines from them.

The crisis deepens. Austria, our former foe, and starter of the last Korean crisis, has decided to join our side. Political considerations with the United Kingdom and Prussia outweigh their "humanitarian" arm, evidently. Prussia and the UK link arms, but with Prussia being surrounded from all sides, and the possible collapse of Prussia meaning all of continental Europe being pointed at the UK, the outlook is not good.

Russia's demise continues.

War breaks out in Europe. French, Austrian, and Dutch troops smash into Prussia. Ukraine takes the distracted opportunity to invade Austria. All of Germany is involved in a brutal fight for survival, except Slesvig, who happily watches, as their sovereign is the King of Denmark. British and French troops tangle outside of the Thames.

:siren: TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES :siren:

I apologize greatly. Only about 1/4th of the screenshots I took actually...saved. So it is quite sparse here. I will write up what happened.

In Johore, the three provinces that Britain had took as possessions long before Japan's westernization, were invaded by Mojojojo's elite Guards unit. There was no British resistance on the island, and two ships that were in port quickly fled to India. There were zero Japanese casualties, and the pacification of the rest of Johore went as smoothly as possible.

Image would go here

As we prepared for war, Nozomashikunai Kamonohashi led the newly formed Japanese Self Defense Force (:v). This unit, based in Tokyo Bay, was equipped with some of the old irregular units that had not been phased out. The United Kingdom does not have the power projection at the moment. Kamonohashi's unit will be filled mostly with conscripts, if the situation deteriorates and we must mobilize.

The small, elite glamorous force of the Japanese Special Naval Forces commanded by Bukkoro land in Sydney Harbor. This new unit is tied with the newest addition of Japan's navy, the "Naval Lifeguards" commanded by Shimamura Oto. The Lifeguards use steamers, new technology that is significantly faster than old clipper transports. Australia has relatively low population, but this area is of extreme interest of the Emperor. The invasion forces capture Sydney and fan out, occupying most of New South Wales. After this action, there was no more activity by the United Kingdom in the Asian operations theater. The military provided plans for the occupation of India, but the vast amounts of men and material required, as well as the rather large force the UK had in India as revealed by naval scouts. The occupation of Malaysia and Australia was enough.

With Prussia completely neutralized, and foreign forces fighting on UK soil for the first time since 1066, the United Kingdom surrendered. The Emperor had two specific goals in mind.

1. The limiting of UK colonial influence.

By taking the less populace area of Queensland, a direct line from the colonies to Queensland could be built. This would cause significantly extended range if the UK wishes to colonize the Pacific. This area also had larger naval ports than New South Wales, and thus the Emperor decided that it shall become a new colony of Japan. Immediately, the Emperor would order immigration, and a rising Japanese population will move to this coastal land with lots of space. By freeing South Africa, not only did Japan have a place to fuel its ships and rest its soldiers as it takes an increasing interest in Africa and Europe, but this new government, free from British intervention, deprives the United Kingdom of southern Africa for colonization, or so we hope. Plus, if the United Kingdom wishes to try to reassert dominance over South Africa, we can beat them down in India and Australia, and take even more of their possessions.

2. Territory.

The capture of British Malaysia now allows for the whole of Johore to be under Japanese control. Expansion in any direction is significantly helped by the lack of British daggers directly connected to us by land. This British land also contained precious metals, gold, silver, etc. This will provide a massive boost to our economy. The capture of Australia now allows for Japan to become geographically bigger, without a massive population boost to effect literacy. We have reversed the dagger in Johore and planted it firmly in Australia. By 1900, we project Queensland, now to be renamed the rather unimaginative Nanbu chihō/南部地方 (Southern Region).

Here lies Johore. It is now whole.

Naturally, as we planned, we accept.

What? We've been knocked down from GP number 5 to GP number 6?

:stare:

World as of 1868.

Council meeting! A twofer!

I've been increasing relations with Sweden ever since Russia started collapsing, and I had extra diplo points. We are at 200 relations with Scandinavia, and they have zero other GP allies. They would accept an alliance, and the Emperor wants to know what you think. Say yes for yes and no for no, obviously.

What do we call our new territory in Australia?

It is up to you!

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

Ally with the Scandis. If this war has been any indication it looks like the game hates us for having Korea and wants to trigger a GP conflict over it at basically every opportunity. We could use the help.

Dunno about what to name our slice of Australia yet, but props for getting a headstart on the whole Greater East Co-Prosperity Sphere thing. Also I almost feel sorry for what's left of Russia...almost.

Also in general I'd like to support a kick those Western bastards out of the Pacific general policy because it's clear that Europe is just going to keep loving with us if they have even the tiniest bit of territory in the area.

Dr. Snark fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Apr 1, 2018

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
yes to an alliance with our maritime brethren the Greater Nordic Co-Prosperity Sphere

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!
America what are you doing noooo :barf:

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Grizzwold posted:

Yeah, they should really get that growth looked at.

Yes to an alliance.

Yes to Yomi

Ikasuhito fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Apr 2, 2018

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

Grizzwold posted:

It is a cruel thing they are doing to borders, but they are denying the British more land. We must not let the sacrifice of those borders be in vain.

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011
Yes to an alliance. What could possibly go wrong?

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
NO to an alliance. Russia showed us that a European ally is more of a liability than an asset as we have no way to support each other.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Yes to the alliance. We need friends more than we need petty dick-waving contests over Korea right now.

And name the new province Shi no Heigen (I google translated "Plains of Death". Seems a good name for Australia in general.)

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
Yes to allying; we need a western Great Power on our side to help us against the British.

Since Bukkoro was responsible for the capture of Australia maybe name it after them?

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

Yes, ally with the Scandinavians.

Looks like the 49th parallel has sprung a leak.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Yeah sure, Nordic Ascendancy, why not?

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014
Yes, Skewer the bear.

Groly
Nov 4, 2009
Yes. We could use some friends who are near the UK.

What's better than Queensland? Emperorsland.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Yes to an alliance with Scandinavia.

Also, I second Hitlers Gay Secret's proposal to name our new territory after Bukkoro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
No to the Norse-Japanese alliance

and I will support naming Australia Bukkoro

• Locked thread