Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010
Ally with the Scandinavians, of course.

And guys, c'mon, this is Australia. There's only one name that fits that place: Yomi, the Japanese underworld.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
I’d also like to point out that aside from minor attrition, we had zero casualties that war

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Top Hats Monthly posted:

I’d also like to point out that aside from minor attrition, we had zero casualties that war

非常に名誉ある

NO alliance. We don't need NO one

call it goku

Ramadu fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Apr 2, 2018

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Viola the Mad posted:

And guys, c'mon, this is Australia. There's only one name that fits that place: Yomi, the Japanese underworld.

Seconding all of these :)

Aeromancia
Jul 23, 2013

Viola the Mad posted:

Thirded, this seems right.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Narrowing it down to Bukkoro and Yomi

sullat
Jan 9, 2012
Yes to the alliance
New colony of Yomi.
Surely that will help draw colonists.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Ikasuhito posted:

Yes to an alliance.

Yes to Yomi

Vote added for Yomi.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Yes and Yomi!

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Vote will remain open until 22:00 CET

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I'll vote for Yomi. Close enough to the "This land and everything on it wants you dead" meaning that I was shooting for.

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017
Yes, for now there are only positives offered by having another GP allied to us, and at worst if they become war happy and start trying to drag us into wars with all the other GPs, we can simply use the wars to take any European territory still in the Pacific/Asia and then leave the Scandis and their Alliance to fight with the Europeans in Europe until the cows come home.

Yomi sounds like a wonderful place for admiral Oto to have brought troops.

gbuchold
Oct 7, 2007

We feel free because we lack the very language to articulate our unfreedom.
Pillbug
Flattering though it is to hear my name floated for this honor, naming this inhospitable land Yomi will strike terror into our enemies' hearts and show the people of Japan that with faith in the Emperor and a willing spirit, there is nothing we cannot overcome!

Also let it always be said in the history books that I gained a foothold into Yomi itself with high morale and minimal casualties

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

I think that seals it then.

Brisbane however with be renamed Bukkoro
voting closed

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
:gbsmith:

Why would anyone want to live in a colony named after the underworld?

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

The same reason anyone would want to live in Australia.

Because they're complete lunatics :v:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Perhaps we could use it as some kind of.... punishment?

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Rodyle posted:

Perhaps we could use it as some kind of.... punishment?

They already have to share a continent with the British; isn't that punishment enough?

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.

They already have to share a continent with the British; isn't that punishment enough?

They won't be sharing it with them for long if we have anything to say about it :black101:

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

If you have any policy suggestions for the next update shoot. I wanted to get started tonight but my train got delayed!

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Top Hats Monthly posted:

If you have any policy suggestions for the next update shoot. I wanted to get started tonight but my train got delayed!

Always B Conquering China:The Brits still have Hong Kong, right? Let's take that in our next war against them so we can have a secondary landing zone for our eventual China invasion.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Always B Conquering China:The Brits still have Hong Kong, right? Let's take that in our next war against them so we can have a secondary landing zone for our eventual China invasion.

As a long time EU4 player

gently caress France

And America is just embracing the Industrial Revolution. That is its smoke stack!

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

Top Hats Monthly posted:

I'd reiterate gently caress Europe in general - the Philippines and all of those Dutch and Portuguese colonies would make for an excellent meal. Also consider mugging Russia for what's left of their valuable land. And maybe take over Manchuria given the chance.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
Is Jules Brunet available as a military contractor?

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Build more trains.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
The economy, you fool.

Flesnolk fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Apr 3, 2018

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Totally vote for the absorption of as much of Southeast Asia as is possible. But also feasibly - let's make sure and acquire territories we can hold and not get bogged down in an eternal war of attrition. We want to hold and digest areas for economic stability!

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012

wedgekree posted:

Totally vote for the absorption of as much of Southeast Asia as is possible. But also feasibly - let's make sure and acquire territories we can hold and not get bogged down in an eternal war of attrition. We want to hold and digest areas for economic stability!

Going for the less Warhawk-y option!

scavy131
Dec 21, 2017
Economic development is always paramount to catching and surpassing the Europeans. While we begin the consolidation of the Philippines, we should also look to greatly increasing manufacturing in the home islands and expanding the rail network at home, and once that's done in Korea and Johore. We can't use what we can't exploit.

Once we've dealt with the Philippines we should look to sweeping up the rest of Indonesia and any other available territory between our holdings in Australia and Johore. Maybe avoid fighting another war with Europeans immediately, but any local groups like around Aceh can get gobbled up.

David Corbett
Feb 6, 2008

Courage, my friends; 'tis not too late to build a better world.
Let's try not to go Maximum Hirohito too quickly.

On that note, it is clear that Australia and New Zealand should be part of the Greater East Asian Co-Prosperity Sphere. You should take them first when you get the chance. I can't recall whether they give any useful resources for Japan.

What I am pretty sure DOES give useful resources for Japan? Manchukuo. I would suggest turning up your military advantage against perfidious Serica and then rolling over the place at your first opportunity.

Bonus suggestion: iirc, there's a city in Shandong that puts out a frankly absurd amount of gold. That whole peninsula is worth taking. (Yep, it's Caozhou, probably the best precious metals province in the game due to the huge population size. Kobe is pretty good too, of course, but you already own that one.)

Plus, the Shandong peninsula makes a nice counterpoint to the Liaodong Peninsula on the map.

Oh, crumb. I'm doing it again...

David Corbett fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Apr 3, 2018

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

David Corbett posted:

Let's try not to go Maximum Hirohito too quickly.

On that note, it is clear that Australia and New Zealand should be part of the Greater East Asian Co-Prosperity Sphere. You should take them first when you get the chance. I can't recall whether they give any useful resources for Japan.

What I am pretty sure DOES give useful resources for Japan? Manchukuo. I would suggest turning up your military advantage against perfidious Serica and then rolling over the place at your first opportunity.

Bonus suggestion: iirc, there's a city in Shandong that puts out a frankly absurd amount of gold. That whole peninsula is worth taking. (Yep, it's Caozhou, probably the best precious metals province in the game due to the huge population size. Kobe is pretty good too, of course, but you already own that one.)

Plus, the Shandong peninsula makes a nice counterpoint to the Liaodong Peninsula on the map.

Oh, crumb. I'm doing it again...

It's the same instinct you get when you play France in EUIV. "I could be a peaceful nation that seeks to avoid war, but Italy looks so lovely this time of year and it's not like the HRE really needs the Low Counties, right?"

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!

Dr. Snark posted:

It's the same instinct you get when you play France in EUIV. "I could be a peaceful nation that seeks to avoid war, but Italy looks so lovely this time of year and it's not like the HRE really needs the Low Counties, right?"

I get that with every nation I play in EUIV.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I just like to find borders that look nice to me and sit on them. So for Japan it's grabbing all nearby islands and peninsulas while keeping china as a bunch of broken up nations whenever possible.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Rodyle posted:

I just like to find borders that look nice to me and sit on them. So for Japan it's grabbing all nearby islands and peninsulas while keeping china as a bunch of broken up nations whenever possible.

If you own the whole world, your borders will look nice

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Three generals, two admirals, and over 1 million people die in the next update.

Stay tuned.

Top Hats Monthly fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Apr 4, 2018

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Three generals, two admirals, and over 1 million people die in the next update.

Stay tuned.

Just to be clear, that's mostly other people's soldiers, r-right?

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Dr. Snark posted:

Just to be clear, that's mostly other people's soldiers, r-right?

Search your feelings, you know the truth.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Two admirals die in the next update (three generals died but they were all pine riding hosers who died of natural causes.) and over 1 million people die in the next update.

Stay tuned.

The Proclamation of 1868 was not a surprising one. The Emperor knew that Japan was one of the most prestigious countries in the world, and the army he wielded was unmatched in Asia. However, the infrastructure and industry in his nation was lacking. Where possible that technology allows, the Emperor ordered a massive rail system from Pusan to the Manchurian border, and from Kyushu to Hokkaido. The relative economic success that came with the incorporation of Australia and discovery of gold has been significantly helpful for the economy.

While the infrastructure projects are underway, the Emperor also sent colonists north to the Kurile Islands. These, rightfully so, are to be incorporated into Japan, and that will never be disputed.

The extra money flowing into our reserves allows the Emperor to pursue his own vanity projects, from science to archaeology. Careful diplomatic negotiations result in the Valley of Kings, the location of the Great Pyramids of Egypt, being opened up for Japanese study, and only Japanese scientists and archaeologists will be allowed to work there. This is an incredible moment for both the history of Japan and the world. The secrets of ancient Egypt may be unlocked.

The Proclamation of 1868 also accounted for new military forces. Guards, far superior on offense than infantry (but poorer on defense), will now make parts of the army. A place is still held for infantry, but guards and heavy cavalry will make up the elite arm of the Imperial Japanese Army. Over the next 30 years, the plan is to slowly incorporate guards into the military, and then draw down on infantry. This is a careful balance, for if we disband too many units, we may look weak and nations could jump on us as we are attempting to reform the military.

Colonists also took to the interior of Queensland, now renamed Yomi. Colonists settling in this part of the greater Australian continent will allow for Japanese claims to have more weight. Spotted in this photograph is Bukkoro Iwata's unit, the Japanese Special Naval Force, engaged in a cross border stare down with the Colonial Army of Australia.

Inviting dignitaries from all over, the Japanese government took a moment to show riches they had uncovered in Borneo, Johore, Australia, and elsewhere. A very prestigious moment for Japan.

Although planning for a time of peace, our faithful ally, Scandinavia, immediately calls us into the fray against the combined armies of Russia and the Netherlands. After weighing his options, the Emperor agreed, and formally issued to the Dutch and Russian embassies in Edo that a state of war now existed between the countries.

Fighting has broken out all over the war. There is a war involving a country on every single continent. Russia also faces the combined armies of Prussia, Scandinavia, Japan, and the Ottoman Empire. They are essentially surrounded from all sides.

Although General Kamonohashi requested a cushy post, and received one with a great view from the Imperial Hotel of Brunei, he was immediately called into action to rally his troops and attack southern Dutch Borneo. General Shirakawa, veteran of many wars under the service of the Emperor, was placed in a retirement post with the Brunei Gendarmie Forces. He too was deployed and sent south. A smile crossed his face as he saddled up, possibly for the last time.

Scandinavian troops plow through Russian controlled Finland. Russia is in no condition to fight a war. Their former capital, St. Petersburg (moved after the Swedish capture of Southern Finland), was occupied by anarchists.

Although meant to be an elite force that would siege and capture forts and provinces, Mojojojo's unit, the "Emperor's Guards" hit the beaches on Sakhalin Island. The tiny Russian garrison was built to handle the occasional angry Ainu person strolling through town with a sign, not one of the most well equipped military forces in the world.

Due to the relatively poor composition of the unit, heavier losses are taken than expected. However, the victory is still won by a clear margin, and the garrison's well planned retreat will mean nothing in a few days.

Russia's control over the Sakhalin is obviously a historical error that must be fixed. The Scandianvian's have it handled in Europe, and we have it handled in Asia.

Borneo is occupied, but a large Dutch fleet is seen sailing near Java by IJA scouts. There is the possibility of a Dutch invasion heading for Johore, Borneo, or worse.

Made up of the new guards units, combined with some artillery and cavalry, the 1st "Shock" Army, is led by a French contractor named Jules Brunet. He is immediately to set sail towards the Dutch East Indies, and with haste capture Java and the Moluccas. We will see if hiring the Frenchman was the right choice in the end.

The Dutch army lands in Korea! We expected them to engage in the colonies, not land in territory that is controlled by the Japanese. This landing was a mistake however. Not only does it withdraw troops away from the DEI garrison, but they are hopelessly outnumbered.

Quickly, the unit is surrounded. Hikaru's Manchu Rapid Intervention Force pulls south and helps surround the Dutch army along with a solitary engineering regiment, that was built to be folded into the MRIF, as well as the Korean Border Guards.

General Okada, formerly only a home guard leader, strikes first and deals a decisive blow to the Dutch army. The MRIF swoops in and prevents the Dutch from retreating. Japanese units struggle to process all of the prisoners that are taken. The general in charge of the landing was found with a bullet in the side of his head. Outraged at the treatment of a flag officer who could have been surrendering, the officers who led the attack order an autopsy. The projectile in the Dutch general's brain is clearly from a manufacturer in Den Haag.

The 1st Shock Army unsurprisingly smashes the Batavian Police Force.

General Brunet's forces make contact with a larger colonial garrison.

Smashed. Brunet's army faces zero competition in South East Asia.

As Scandinavian forces continue to march through Russia, and Japanese forces attack the colonies of the Dutch, the Emperor seeks to add the Moluccas to his growing empire. He did not want this particular war, but will make the best of it.

We discover a mummy! We are the envy of Europe. Soon we will spread both our science and humanities worldwide. Our culture shall follow.

General Kamonohashi is ordered reluctantly to occupy more islands in the Dutch East Indies. He attempts to lobby a protest to the Emperor, but is sent back the simple message of "Go or I go", implying that the Emperor would be seeing him personally. He wished to avoid that.

Continued advances make the situation impossible for Russia and the Netherlands. They surrender. The Emperor sends his thanks to his ground forces, and orders celebrations in the colonies at once.

Worryingly, the United Kingdom again starts a crisis over Korea. Although we have a powerful army, the Emperor does not desire to fight the United Kingdom again. The Japanese people are beginning to get sick of constant fighting. Many want a peaceful life, so the Emperor does his best to improve relations with the United Kingdom. By doing so, along with France and Scandinavia joining our side in the crisis, the UK backs down. We agree to a white peace mutually.

We discover certain colonial tech behind the Dutch. They immediately move on Borneo, we will attempt to go tit-for-tat, but if withdrawing from central Borneo results in farther flung colonial possessions, so be it. We will not compromise in the north however, for a contiguous border's sake.

A second shock army is formed in Matsue.

The UK founds the dominion of Australia, freeing them up for more colonization. Our relations are not exactly rosy, especially considering we hold an entire quarter of the continent, but unless Australia wants to field an army and take it from us, they'll have to wait.

Europe of 1872 is a complete mess. Wars over the Netherlands, and between Prussia and Austria make for an ugly scene.

We discover the source of the Nile for an absolutely massive prestige bonus!

We get to work colonizing New Caledonia and the surrounding region. Control over these islands will allow for new naval bases and hopefully allow us to project power even further. With the rate technology is improving, we should be able to intervene in American affairs shortly.

As a crisis begins to reach its boiling point, the Emperor withdraws from central Borneo and shores up the position that is under Japanese control. A line of forts is built.

The 2nd Shock Army is deployed to Australia, as a powerful reminder to the Australians who the real master of the continent is. The JSNF commanded by General Iwata is withdrawn back to Japan. Worryingly, Jacobin rebels are beginning to fill the ranks of soldiers. We should keep an eye on this. The last thing we want is a civil war.

Midway Island is colonized. This will be an excellent refueling station for our ships. We do not expect America to be too pleased, but we believe it is worth the effort to colonize if it will help Japan.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

With now the second most powerful army in the world, and signs that China is beginning to westernize, the Emperor orders the navy to scout along the Chinese coast line, while the JSNF prepares to deploy, waiting in the holds of ships within the Imperial Fleet. The capture of Manchuria is essential to setback China's westernization and to punish their armies.

Japan will have the largest army in the world soon. All those who stand in Japan's way will crumble. Only a massive international alliance can bring us down now. The only challenge to the might of Japan is the will of the Japanese people, never wavering or faltering to subversives.

As we prepare for war, Japanese archaeologists uncover King Tut. This absolutely massive achievement brings us even more prestige. Although in the eyes of most other Great Powers, the ideal of colonization brings more prestige, but we know that scientific discovery is the ultimate cutting edge, and our discoveries make us the forefront of all sciences.

Taken from duty in the south, General Brunet takes control of the 2nd Shock Army, ready to draw blood from China.

Soon after all armies are prepared for the invasion of China, nationalists rise up in Johore. Thankfully, there is a garrison stationed in Johore that will easily put down the rebels, but over 10,000 Malaysian people are slaughtered. The Emperor will face no resistance in his plan to destroy China.

After forgetting to take screenshots We sphere Egypt. Our excellent relations during the excavations resulted in our countries being drawn closer and closer together, until finally, we added them under our protection and control, and built the Suez Canal. The most important water way in the world is now under Japanese control.

It appears we sphere Egypt just in time, as reactionaries are tearing up Egypt badly. They ask us for an alliance and plead for the world renowed JSNF to intervene. We flatly refuse...

For we have bigger fish to fry. The war with China, the one we have been preparing for since 1836, has finally begun.

Absolutely massive forces, built with the mobilized units and of those professional soldiers, pour across the Yalu to encounter Manchurian forces, underpaid, understaffed, underequipped, and deeply deeply underprepared. The first casualties of the war are Manchurian border guards at their posts. An entire platoon of Japanese troops literally ran through their posts as they crossed the Yalu to take up offensive positions. Today, in the Chinese Museum of History, the completely trampled rifle of a Manchurian soldier sits. Possibly the first casualty of the war. As the troops cross the Yalu, the Imperial Navy begins to blockade the coast. The Chinese people, who already relied on some outside aid due to the economic situation, are rapidly beginning to starve.

Although we do not expect much help, Scandinavia and South Africa joining the war will help dissuade from other foreign powers sending "humanitarian" assistance to the Chinese. In Scandinavia, this is known as "Det Fredliga Kriget" or "The Peaceful War", as no Scandinavian troops died, despite eventually a meager amount of Scandinavian troops arriving. For those directly involved in the war, it was nothing such.

Iwata's marines hit the beachhead in Port Arthur, intending to prevent any evacuation via ship that the Manchurian armies may have planned. Material flow into Manchuria grinds to a halt.

Hikaru's force strikes first. The Manchurian army tasked with defending Mukden responds rather fastidiously to a request to surrender with a white flag by General Hikaru. The response is every single Manchurian soldier in Mukden, save a select few who disobeyed orders and surrendered, are shot and killed, or decapitated.

Brunet's army attacks next. The Manchurian army is simply unable to cope with the massive size and technological advantages that the Japanese armies have. By the time the month is out, eight Manchurian armies are destroyed of the same composition. The result? Over 240,000 casualties.

After occupying most of Manchuria, the Chinese army floods in through a thin unoccupied strip on the Manchurian-Chinese border. Chinese troops flood into Korea. This is where they will be buried. They fell for the trap. 460,000 casualties

Extremely distressingly, the 1st Guards Army, which was now under the control of experienced General Mojojojo, who was selected as the top man for intervention in Australia should the United Kingdom attempt to join the war, was completely wiped out by an army of angry Japanese, British, Irish, and Aborigine jacobins. 60,000 casualties

China's army fell from 1st in size to 4th in size. Pressing the attack, the Emperor declared all of Manchuria was Japanese territory (this pushed me exactly to the infamy limit. Close call).

As another massive group of Chinese armies that attempted to relieve Korea fell, at approximately 120,000 casualties, massive rebellions rocked Japan. The Emperor, knowing that although his armies on home guard duty could hold the line, he needed to finish the war fast.

Combined with a 60,000 strong stack of Korean nationalists rising and engaging over 35,000 Chinese soldiers, the final battle of the war was the Battle of Pyongyang. The thorough routing of the army, with thousands of casualties caused between these two engagements over 60,000 casualties. The Korean nationalists and Chinese soldiers thoroughly exhausted each other and battled, as the Japanese army quietly occupied the rest of Manchuria.

China had no choice. Manchuria was totally occupied, and almost half of its army lay dead in Korea and along the Yalu river. Japan suffered as well, but was able to absorb the losses due to its extreme levels of jingoism. China's power continues to be reduced. The ruling Manchu dynasty in control of the Chinese Empire did not even have their homeland. Who knows what would happen next.

As the JSNF immediately left Manchuria to be redeployed on putting down the massive rebellion of 1877, the home guard units, commanded by various minor generals, struggled to put down all of the rebels that formed over Japan. Seven stacks of 21,000 rebellious soldiers would eventually be put down, over 147,000 rebellious Japanese would be executed, exiled, and arrested.

In an effort to hopefully reduce economic hardship and allow soldiers to return to their families, the Emperor decreed a mass demobilization. The Japanese armies themselves were large enough that they could handle the rest of the internal rebellion.

The Jacobin rebels in Australia had shrunk by over forty thousand. Why? Nobody knows. But as soon as troops in Japan were done cleaning up the rebels and other undesirables in the civil war, their next target was to pacify Australia. Reprisals would be carried out against the British population, the main supporters of the rebellion.

For the first time, liberals had won the Japanese election. However, as military spending dropped, the liberals also imposed a max tax of 50%. This would not do, as the government needed all of the money possible.

Japan's economic situation was severe. It was flirting with bankruptcy, and we had to take out a massive loan to sustain the losses we were taking under the leadership of the liberals. The Emperor knew what he had to do.

The Emperor of Japan immediately called for new elections, declaring an error in the previous vote. Although he could always change the ruling party by his own hand, he preferred to have the guise of a democratic process in order to calm some of the Jacobin anger.

The party that the Emperor wanted in power had won. Although he would reshuffle the cabinet so the more jingoistic Imperialist Faction would be leading, the result pleased him, and taxes increased.

The JNSF, first deployed to Johore to cleanup some of the rebels that had risen in the past few months, does their job well.

Another set of Jacobins rise while the Emperor was ordering a complete restructuring of the army. It does not go well for the rebels, as elite commanders Mojojojo, Brunet, and Hikaru crush the revolts. Over ten thousand are casualties. There is no screenshot, but the JNSF shortly after finished off the Australian resistance movement.

After his first campaign as an Admiral, blockading the Yang Tse River delta, Admiral Taiki dies unexpectedly at the helm of the Sakura.

Shortly after, upon docking in Edo, Admiral Oto dies.

The Japanese army had approximately 170,000 soldiers. By the end of the war with China, and civil war of 1877-1881, the size of the army (only professional soldiers), had dropped to 48,000. The Japanese army had suffered over 122,000 casualties. My eyeball estimate from the size of my mobilized forces was around 75,000 casualties. Combined with the 100,000 casualties in the rebellion, and approximately 800,000 Chinese dead, the human cost of the past five years was 1.8 million lives. This excludes civilian casualties caused in the blockade as well as civilian casualties from battles.

Blue northern Africa is American Africa. Blue central Africa is Scandinavian Africa. Blue east Africa is French Africa. Japan is in control of Eritrea, Tahiti, Midway, and Tonga chains of islands.

Post anything else you want to consider. Admirals who died, feel free to make another character, sorry yours were so short lived! If any generals died who were important, I did not notice or clicked away during the furious battles in Korea.

Notes for next time:

The reformed JNSF will be deployed to the Suez.

A new naval force will be built for Suez patrols, along with colonial patrols.

Japan will most likely be not starting any more wars in the near future.

Top Hats Monthly fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Apr 4, 2018

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

I was very curious when I saw the "American -Ottoman war" but yeah that does explain it.:v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

I really need a flag for Yomi.

• Locked thread