Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Happy Easter, comrades. I'm spending the day with a black eye and a busted lip after trying to give my mate a drunken piggyback ride. May you everyone be blessed with as much chocolate as they deserve according to their need.

e: 2, the number of fingers I show this Tory government

Rarity fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Apr 1, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

So what poo poo April Fool's Day things are the rags up to this year?

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops

Samovar posted:

pretending the rise in racism and hate crime has happened exclusively because of jeremy corbyn

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
The Guardian is running with ‘lol lol lol Brexit emojis’ because they’re talentless hacks.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Rarity posted:

Happy Easter, comrades. I'm spending the day with a black eye and a busted lip after trying to give my mate a drunken piggyback ride. May you everyone be blessed with as much chocolate as they deserve according to their need.

I hope you heal quickly, and can still enjoy the chocolates. And remember, piggyback rides are serious business and should never be tried drunk. Like climbing trees, my friend’s favourite drunken activity that has resulted in one fractured hand, one broken arm and an impaled foot, all three on separate cases.

Yes, my friend shouldn’t drink.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Gonzo McFee posted:

Can't believe this tax dodger who donated money to Thatcher's Conservatives and hasn't donated money to the Labour party since Corbyn came to power is now no longer donating money to the Labour party.

He also withdrew from a nomination for a peerage after Cash For Honours broke so we've really lost a great guy.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

forkboy84 posted:

He also withdrew from a nomination for a peerage after Cash For Honours broke so we've really lost a great guy.

He has said he's willing to fund a break away Labour right party so there's that at least.

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

Gonzo McFee posted:

He has said he's willing to fund a break away Labour right party so there's that at least.

Now all he needs to do is find someone willing to join it

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006
Happy Easter all, which one of you is the Sunday Times journo writing about this thread

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Gonzo McFee posted:

Can't believe this tax dodger who donated money to Thatcher's Conservatives and hasn't donated money to the Labour party since Corbyn came to power is now no longer donating money to the Labour party.

lmao

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

I'm going to spend most of today watching Dragon Ball Super. Namaste.

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Rarity posted:

Holy Christ do I have a job for you!

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/society/momentum-member-thinks-hes-in-the-resistance-or-something-20180320146151

Doccykins posted:

Happy Easter all, which one of you is the Sunday Times journo writing about this thread

It's me.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Happy egg day comrades. Break the eggs to make an omelette as long as the eggs are heads of bourgeoisie and the omelette is fully automated luxury gay space communism. Not real eggs because the egg industry is awful.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
The thread title should have been "corbyn's hate factory".

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Happy Easter. Time to move out the outdoor furniture and prepare for Easter lunch with eggs and...

Indoor Easter it is!

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

I remember Izzard being poo poo, but I can't remember why, someone bring me up to speed?

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Spuckuk posted:

I remember Izzard being poo poo, but I can't remember why, someone bring me up to speed?

ran on the Progress slate, never expresses political opinion beyond platitudes

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

CoolCab posted:

The personification of "put yer 'eds togevva" then.

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Spuckuk posted:

Doesn't hate the people with "wrong opinions" enough. Is actually a decent and funny guy.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

CoolCab posted:

Also, self-described ‘radical centrist’.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

His ability to boil the piss of people like the cunts behind Arron Banks’ leave group is good though

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

His Divine Shadow posted:

Happy easter UK, don't know how you do it in the UK. Over in this part of Finland (the swedish speaking part), easter saturday means kids coming dressed up as witches asking for candy. Kinda like our halloween (so we don't need another one in autumn!). Then we burn a bonfire in the evening, also some activies like a lottery and sales stand (coffee, grilled sausages, hot lemonade, homebaked stuff etc).

It's usually set down at the lake near my parents house. Due to the harsh winter and lack of good fuel it wasn't very big and didn't burn that well this year, the lake is still frozen too. The snow on top has a frozen crust that make for good play material, the kids can walk on it but we just fall through unless you got snow shoes. IIRC actual igloos are built using snow using this kind of snow.

We visit church and spend our day in solemn reflection of the death and resurrection of our lord and saviour Big Jeez.

This reflection takes the form of a chocolate coma.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Samovar posted:

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Izzard was not voted into his position and there should be an extraordinary election so he gets nowhere near power, imo.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
New history's greatest monster contender, eddie izzard.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
If he brings the same talent to the table as he showed at the Brexit debate where just just screeched multiple times about how Farage may not have realised his wife was foreign??????? maybe his name is also not from round here????? this is Bad for Corbyn.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
Im having boiled eggs in a bit but they are from the freest range chickens that my mother in law keeps. Its a shame more people don't do it- the 8-10 she keeps provide enough eggs to eat and enough to sell to cover feed/medicine costs and a bit left over for her time.

Amazing eggs too, you can really taste the difference all the slugs, bugs and kitchen scraps make :chef:

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Happy easter UK, don't know how you do it in the UK. Over in this part of Finland (the swedish speaking part), easter saturday ...

Holy Saturday. Easter Saturday would be next weekend.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Spuckuk posted:

Definition of centrist melt

Oh yeh, happy chocolate jesus day, if you're in to that kinda thing. He's the immaculate conception don't you know

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider
I marched at Trans Pride in Edinburgh yesterday, and it was pretty awesome. The police estimated about 400 people marched, and if anything turnout was probably depressed by the weather and by people just not knowing it was going to happen, given it was Scotland's first ever trans pride march. After a social nearby, we joined the main crowd on the Royal Mile, then marched to the Scottish Parliament, then around part of Holyrood Park to finish at the John McIntyre Conference Centre, where a bunch of workshops were held. As a newby enby, it was a lot of fun hanging out. So much colourful hair!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/steamedhamms/status/980156702740877313?s=19

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
yeah yeah I play mandolin, very funny, etc. I just wanted to pop this here as I think some of you might enjoy it, it's probably my favourite thing I've recorded with this band so far. A Graham Moore classic, Tom Paine's Bones.

https://soundcloud.com/cominupthrees/tom-paines-bones

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
I was in Glasgow for Eddie Izzard’s campaigning during the independence referendum. His speech was literally ‘things might be bad but don’t change anything’, which was pretty much his response to questions on independence, austerity, etc etc. He’s literally for the status quo and that’s about it.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Coohoolin posted:

yeah yeah I play mandolin, very funny, etc. I just wanted to pop this here as I think some of you might enjoy it, it's probably my favourite thing I've recorded with this band so far. A Graham Moore classic, Tom Paine's Bones.

Needs more blast beats, tremolo picking and agonised screams.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

forkboy84 posted:

Needs more blast beats, tremolo picking and agonised screams.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Firos posted:

I'm going to spend most of today watching Dragon Ball Super. Namaste.

Good choice. Sad it's over.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Coohoolin posted:

I kinda like it, despite myself.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Coohoolin posted:

I enjoyed this, good job. You're no Chris Thile but you can play a mandolin

e: Now cover a couple Bad Religion songs (Sorrow pls)

WeAreTheRomans fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Apr 1, 2018

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider

The snow on top has a frozen crust that make for good play material, the kids can walk on it but we just fall through unless you got snow shoes.

Lol, I bet the kids loved that :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Miftan posted:

Good choice. Sad it's over.

My only issue is that there's no blood; it's political correctness gone mad.

• Locked thread