Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Waiting for a train, I needed a shit. You won't bee-lieve what happened next

Just saw picture of Javid on front page of Metro on bus. What a loving bellend, how can you trust someone who doesn't say gently caress off when told to stand like that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
Is there a logical reason for that stance? Like you look amazing when shot from a specific angle or something?

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Gort posted:

Is there a logical reason for that stance? Like you look amazing when shot from a specific angle or something?

It's probably supposed to look firm and powerful or something. I dunno they all look like loving wankers to me either way.

Verizian
Dec 18, 2004
The spiky one.
Someone told them it projects an aura of power and they loving bought it! :v:

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
"whereas your hero... stands thus!"

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
How do i get this cushy gig as body language consultant to twats?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
That power stance is a joke from Blackadder the Third that has somehow been mistaken for truth.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Gort posted:

George Osborne was caught on camera collapsing in on himself as he came down from a cocaine high. The entire Tory party decided this impressive display of masculine might should be imitated as often as possible.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

That power stance, to me, is really just a big invitation to kick them in the bollocks, which I would gladly do.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

WhatEvil posted:

All that poo poo was easy for our parents' generation.
There was a relevant piece about this in yesterday's MS. Yeah, systemically it might be easier for older/whiter/manlier people, but poo poo still sucks for a bunch of Boomers due to austerity and land monopoly. 80% of wealth might be concentrated in the olds, but 80% of that is concentrated in 20% of the olds, and I can't help but think that the liberal/soft-left media attempts to frame this as a generational issue are deflecting. If it was purely generational then the Millennials would just need to awaiting their inheritance, rather than man the barricades. NWBTCW &c.

Gort posted:

Like you look amazing when shot from a specific angle or something?

(Hi MI5, I see you report to an egg now, lol)

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Jedit posted:

E: And where is the May thread?

It's an ambition to have a thread by the first of the month, not a target.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

goddamnedtwisto posted:

"whereas your hero... stands thus!"

Either that or "These are my genitals, please kick them".

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

WhatEvil posted:

That power stance, to me, is really just a big invitation to kick them in the bollocks, which I would gladly do.

Josef bugman posted:

Either that or "These are my genitals, please kick them".
That's why it's a power stance - leaving yourself vulnerable to the most despicable forms of attack, confident that your sheer masculine power will cow any miscreant.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
The lack of a May thread speaks to the corruption at the heart of this forum and I call on Jose to resign.

number one pta fan
Sep 6, 2011

my work is my play play
every day pay day

Guavanaut posted:

If it was purely generational then the Millennials would just need to awaiting their inheritance, rather than man the barricades. NWBTCW &c.

We're waiting for our grandparents to die so we can afford to riot.

Indeterminacy
Sep 9, 2011

Excuse me, your Rabbit parts are undetached.

Jedit posted:

E: And where is the May thread?
It was going to be the Amber Rudd thread, but Javid still needs to learn the brief.

Brovine
Dec 24, 2011

Mooooo?

number one pta fan posted:

We're waiting for our grandparents to die so we can afford to riot.

I seem to have made a tactical error here. I haven't inherited anything from mine and I'm already running out...

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
My gran decided years ago that she would spend our inheritance on us while she was still alive so she could enjoy it too and also so she doesn't have to pay inheritance tax. This means she takes us all out for meals on special occasions and then goes on month long cruises by herself and shares all the photos and stories with me when she's back and I love it. :3:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Delays have occurred due to reshuffling, but rest assured that none of us were aware of any targets for when the first of the month would fall.
New Thread Here

mediadave
Sep 8, 2011

Pistol_Pete posted:

Barrow already looks pretty hosed: if the nuclear submarines go, they're completely hosed and they know it: They're a poor community at the end of an isolated peninsula and no other employment in the town. I understand a bit better why they're so stubborn about clinging on to their machinery of death now.

Barrow also builds the non Trident attack submarines (which no party has suggested scrapping, though they have been cut from 12 to 7 in recent years primarily due to defence cuts rather than strategic decisions). Regardless of Trident, it should be possible to guarantee continued work for Barrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

mediadave posted:

Barrow also builds the non Trident attack submarines (which no party has suggested scrapping, though they have been cut from 12 to 7 in recent years primarily due to defence cuts rather than strategic decisions). Regardless of Trident, it should be possible to guarantee continued work for Barrow.

The main question is what we’re going to use the Astutes for, and how many of them we’ll need for that. As the country’s life insurance policy, the Vanguards are at least theoretically a more solid investment.

• Locked thread