Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
A few things that are worse in Canada than Australia -

- Weather
- Buses
- Cheese

A few things better

- Cheesecake
- Tea

A few things a lot better

- Cycling infrastructure. poo poo weather but the way the cycling lanes and paths are set out is AWESOME
- Going from a Aussie woman who I could barely stand the sight of and prefered to park her fat rear end on a lounge to a MUCH slimmer Canadian woman who will (and does) cycle with me.

Life's getting complicated in the best way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Rhyno posted:

Are you moving to Canada my dude?

Possible - more likely she'll move to Australia. But it's still fairly early (A few months, we kept it quiet up to now but I've actually known her for 18 years and we were nearly a thing 10 years ago) so really not sure.

I do know I'll be back over Christmas and she's lining up a trip to Australia in August so who knows at this point.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Rhyno posted:

Well hey if you come to NA you could attend goonmeets.

I hear there's some good Canadian ones.

I'll be damned if I'm going to set foot in the USA tho. Fuuuuuuuck no.

Rhyno posted:

Can you imagine if that's the cause?

Domestic related apparently. Female shooter fired first at a boyfriend.

Either way most gun channels know they need to get their money elsewhere (not like they are unique tho, most channels have seen revenue dive) and went the Patreon route, Demolition Ranch opened their own merch warehouse. Unless you were a Hickok45 / Rated RR / FPS Russia or Demo Ranch you werent pulling big money from Youtube to begin with.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Oh for fucks sake

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Formula E is literally the worst loving racing I have had the displeasure of watching in a very, very long time - There's not enough alcohol or drugs to make that poo poo in any way enjoyable.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Applebees Appetizer posted:

It is the answer. You cannot lift heavy weights forever, and when your body starts telling you poo poo you better listen. You don't need to deadlift.

Henry Rollins doesn't even lift heavy weights anymore because he's old and was tired of getting hurt, dude uses an elliptical machine now.

My mum is 74, lifts heavy weights and has done so since her late thirties three times a week, I'm nearly 49 and Strava is enough example of what I do week in and week out. Dont for one second say age is a limit on lifting iron or exercise because I know well it isnt and there's plenty older than Rollins (Who is just 57) that lift heavy - the gym I'm at has dudes in their 80's lifting and embarrassing much younger guys. You just have to realise trying to be Mr Universe isnt going to work, you can get all the benefits keeping it sane.

Lifting even prevents injury and slows aging issues.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Applebees Appetizer posted:

My point was as you get older you have to pay more attention to what your body is telling you, people ignore poo poo and that's how they end up getting seriously hurt lifting pushing the issue.

Also exercise and heavy lifting are two different things, obviously everyone should exercise.

Your point applies to anyone lifting of *any* age - in fact how many of you are complaining of over extertion injury you did years ago? Was age a factor was it going beyond your limit? - and did you miss my point lifting heavy things is not only done by older people but it also is good for you?

Lift heavy, lift within your limits, lift often. Age doesnt come into it and as I said it even slows down aging / bone denity loss / muscle loss.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Hey Canada Im gonna steal one of your womans.

That was one of the best 10 days in my life. Great cycling in a rather nice place with good company. And the girl I stayed with turned out a godawful load better than I expected or hoped.

Im coming back over Christmas

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Rhyno posted:

In Indiana it's basically still the 50's.

I get home and it's 35C

In loving APRIL. This is truly nuts

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

everdave posted:

Sitting in a hotel lobby and just watched Formula E race for the first time. Even the crashes were boring.

It's literally taking everything that you could possibly do to make motorsport a snoozefest and shove it into one shitshow.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Waaaait.... you were married in 1986?

Whew Im not the oldest here

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Sormus posted:

RCR NZ episodes have made it seem like a nice place

There's no "seems" about it - it IS a wonderful place. South island especially.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Seminal Flu posted:

I wish there would be some smart watch development, but it seems utterly stagnant.

Last year I got a Huawei Watch 2 and it was really nice, but limited in its functions. I sent it back and got a Motorola 360 Sport off of eBay for $50 and, for most purposes, it's comparable... meaning... it doesn't do much.

I'd like to have full fitbit-level biometrics, along with good cell phone integration and good battery life, but really it's a watch that happens to notify me of texts and emails and can control the media I'm consuming. There could be so much more...

The answer for a smart watch that does a fuckload AND be a great fitness tracker is always "Buy a Garmin".

Garmin have this poo poo figured out and you can pick and choose exactly what you want from their range. Wait for the end of triathlon season and you can pick up cheap but drat near new devices from the one and done crowd.

Edit : gently caress it, paying a pet toll just because

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

InitialDave posted:

You need to smell like a real man, too. Creosote mixed with used engine oil is a good one there.

Amateur. Flush your intestines with Seafoam and bathe in Aerostart

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

BraveUlysses posted:

i literally cant believe people still get excited about these ridiculous marvel movies (except BP)

At the end of the movie Thanos is choking Tony Stark and Captain America to death and says "Can no man stand up to me" and Black Widow comes out of no where and says "I am no man" and kicks him in the balls. Thanos drops to his knees and says "Ouch, right in the infinity stones".

How can you not love this art?

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

LS too big.

2JZ

gently caress that, Barra the bastard

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

That's some dumb as gently caress poo poo right there.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Liquid Communism posted:

Yeah, Fiat's killing the Dodge Dart and the Chrysler 200 as well. I always wonder if it ever enters the minds of these companies that first party sales are down because people can't afford what they're pushing.

Not sure it's the car makers fault entirely on that one - Wages are stagnant, cost of living is exploding, house prices are going insane everywhere, the cost of medical is breaking so many people, schooling is dumping people with enormous debt.....

Car prices havent really moved by comparison for the last 15 years and with some car makers have even gone down. Car prices in the USA have always been absurdly low compared to anywhere else but still, it's not like they have taken off like pretty much anything else has. I would say that this is one area where car makers have been pretty drat good in keeping product prices stable over a long time, people not being able to afford to buy new isnt really their fault.

Annnnnnnnnnnnd unfortunatly automotive whitegoods sell and red roaring high octane car nuts are a narrowing buyer sector. Let alone older cars ARE more interesting than the latest bells and whistles crap... somethign that yet again I'm reminded of now my old Forester with 370,000kms is back on the road, it's more fundamentally fun than the high tech with the works but still not as rewarding to throw about Levorg. Sure, on a long trip the Levorg is amazing to cruise and if I go up north it's the car I pack but if I want to be an idiot the Forester is the go to... let alone the Forester can be modifed so cheaply these days that it's a no brainer which one I take to the station and which one I go to a track.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Seminal Flu posted:

Man gets sentenced for :filez: when he didn't have :filez: and Microsoft had already been paid for operating systems that he made restore disks for (in major bulk).

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.c32e395e4318

Read between the lines tho - he was selling discs with the Dell / Windows logos on them. BIG no no right there, that is the literal definition of a counterfeit good.

The copyright laws are 100% clear on this one too. He had zero right to be charging money, let alone zero right to be copying in bulk. No miscarriage of justice, Microsoft isnt being the Big Bad, it's straight up one loving idiot who should have realised in about two seconds to gently caress with a large corporations copyright is to invoke the legal verison of Thanos coming to stomp on your rear end.

His excuses and sob story is honestly laughable in the face of just how clear copyright law is on this one. Oh and I might add, it's the strength of copyright law that gives the GPL and other open source licensing such real teeth to bite hard on infringers.

quote:

When did copyright infringment become a crime?

See above about definition of a counterfeit good.

CAT INTERCEPTOR fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Apr 26, 2018

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Rhyno posted:

SPOILERS rear end in a top hat

COMICS ARE loving poo poo

Looking forward in a few hours to watching Infinity War

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Yeah okay Infinity War is pretty drat goooood

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Rhyno posted:

TFA was poo poo. TLK was kind of poo poo. Solo is gonna be total poo poo. R1 was the best film since RotJ.

HAHAHAHAHAHA oh man now that is a bad opinion.

Rhyno posted:

Infinity War takes a ton of risks, far more than any Star Wars film has.

While yes IW took a shitload of risks, Star Wars itself was massive one in it's entirely, let alone the whole "I am your father" thing in Empire.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Rhyno posted:

The only risk the SW franchise has taken in the past 20 years was in alienating their longtime fanbase with TLJ. Which I am all in favor of.

You said any Star Wars movie tho.

Altho I'm with yuu on pissing fanbois off. Personally any movie that gives hte finger to idiot fans is awesone.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Rhyno posted:

No, I clearly listed the post Disney SW films. Of which 1 is good.

quote:

Infinity War takes a ton of risks, far more than any Star Wars film has.

Bolding mine :D

Plus R1 is good, TLJ is very good, the worst TFA can be accused of correctly is being a play it exceedingly safe remake of the original. Which after the gently caress up of the prequels is exactly what was needed. I feel like the people who poo poo on TFA are trying to poo poo on it for the movie they image/want it to be, not the movie it is - which is dumb as gently caress. Looking at TFA as it was meant to be seen as - a love letter to ANH, with new characters being established - it works very well.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Rhyno posted:

That's not the part of my post that your original post is in response to.

That makes not a lick of sense. Much like my brother's typing or trying to explain the latest mad rear end scheme

quote:

Also TLJ is not very good. It's okay if anything. A few decent ideas on a small island in a lake of poo poo. TFA is a joke. It's bad on so many levels. Daisey Ridley is a very bad actress.

What IS your problem with Ridley???? She by no means a very bad actress by any stretch and certainly is a godawful load better than Natalie "Plank of wood or oscar worthy with nothing in between" Portman's terrible performances in the prequels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Ether Frenzy posted:

Why on earth would you be watching movies when you could be playing PUBG, is my question
https://clips.twitch.tv/GlamorousTenaciousPotatoPraiseIt

Gaming is more ridulous that Rhyno's opinion fo Daisy Ridley. Who I am now sure pissed in Rhyno's corn flakes

• Locked thread