Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

DoctaFun posted:

This can't be real, please tell me it's real.

https://www.perrygolf.com/blog/masters-chuckle-for-the-week/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Suprfli6 posted:

Oh sweet summer child.

Tiger chipped in from across a green while practicing today and got more of a gallery reaction than many guys do in actual tournament rounds. I'm so glad he's playing again.

https://twitter.com/GolfChannel/status/980900746114641920

Someone remind me how to embed Tweets ffs.

Shrapnig fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Apr 3, 2018

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug
Just lol if you go to the Masters and don't plan on dropping at least a grand in merch.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Dr. Capco posted:

Just lol if you go to the Masters and don't plan on dropping at least a grand in merch.

I'm amazed that poo poo doesn't show up on superfuture as peak dadcore wear. The stuff is only available six days a year.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Dr. Capco posted:

When I went last year, I got a waffle golf towel, umbrella, folding chair, tech polo, and 2 hats (one of which I sold at cost because it was too small) for a total of $232. I wanted to buy the waterproof jacket with rollaway hood but was unsure of the $130 price.

I subsequently bought it for $188 from an online reseller, a $50 premium after accounting for sales tax.

Even with that premium, I spent right at the average purchase of $425. But I wanted to get a bunch of random poo poo like drinkware, wallet, coasters, belt, and t-shirt. I got a white hat and a green hat, but the green wool hat turned out to be at least 1 size too small, and I've never worn the white hat because it also looks small on my size 7 7/8 head. :sigh: :smith:

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
reserving Kevin "Mini DJ" Chappell for now (he may have a janked back) :ca:

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Popping in this here thread to subtly brag that I used to play Jr golf with Matt Parziale, the firefighter that won the mid-am to claim a spot this year. He played with Rory today and plays with Tiger on Wednesday, who was his whole reason for picking up the game in the first place. He's won about everything you can win in Massachusetts Golf, and is a really really good guy.

He whipped my rear end on the reg despite being 5 years younger. I did beat him once by shooting a 77 and had to get up and down on 18 to do it. :smug:

His father Vic is caddying for him, and he and my dad are good friends. Dad texted him on Saturday asking how it was going, and got "Heaven on Earth. Wish you were here." as a response and he had to put his phone down and look out the window for a while to keep from crying.

So if you need an underdog to root for keep an eye on Matt. I would love to see him make the cut but this loving course destroys mortals so who knows. He's staying in the Crow's Nest so if I get a picture dump in the next week or so I'll share some.

Critical fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Apr 3, 2018

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

There’s something intensely offputting about Robert Damron.

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

Josh Lyman posted:

When I went last year, I got a waffle golf towel, umbrella, folding chair, tech polo, and 2 hats (one of which I sold at cost because it was too small) for a total of $232. I wanted to buy the waterproof jacket with rollaway hood but was unsure of the $130 price.

I subsequently bought it for $188 from an online reseller, a $50 premium after accounting for sales tax.

Even with that premium, I spent right at the average purchase of $425. But I wanted to get a bunch of random poo poo like drinkware, wallet, coasters, belt, and t-shirt. I got a white hat and a green hat, but the green wool hat turned out to be at least 1 size too small, and I've never worn the white hat because it also looks small on my size 7 7/8 head. :sigh: :smith:

I hear ya. I got two tech polos, a hat, a visor for my wife, a t shirt, a tervis cup, a flag, a pullover 3/4 zip, a hat clip and a four sleeves of balls. $460. I could have bought so much more too

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

I wish I would've spent more last year :(

For a sporting event things are actually reasonably priced too.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

mattfl posted:

I wish I would've spent more last year :(

For a sporting event things are actually reasonably priced too.

that's always my favorite thing. concessions are a drat steal compared to basically anywhere else

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

DJExile posted:

that's always my favorite thing. concessions are a drat steal compared to basically anywhere else

I enjoyed the beers I paid less than $5 for in the nice plastic commemorative cups I still have :)

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

haven't they locked the price of a chicken salad (or was it egg salad?) sandwich at like $2 or something awesome like that

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

DJExile posted:

haven't they locked the price of a chicken salad (or was it egg salad?) sandwich at like $2 or something awesome like that

Yeah, all the food is almost unreasonably cheap.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I would loving GORGE myself on pimento cheeses, goddamn

https://twitter.com/Bryce_bunkered/status/980870611525357569

good. now hopefully GETINNAHOOOOOOOOOLE and 'baba booey' are on the list too

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
People who say dilly dilly should be removed from life, let alone Augusta.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Every golf tournament should hand those out. Allow it once a year in Phoenix and only on the 16th hole. Ban those assholes for life too.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

DJExile posted:

I would loving GORGE myself on pimento cheeses, goddamn

https://twitter.com/Bryce_bunkered/status/980870611525357569

good. now hopefully GETINNAHOOOOOOOOOLE and 'baba booey' are on the list too

HIT EM WITH THE HEINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

The gently caress is Phil wearing here

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

mattfl posted:

The gently caress is Phil wearing here

He's been getting ripped apart everywhere, including by Tiger in his press conference.

We should also talk about Tiger's pants pockets situation, what in the world is going on there?

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Shrapnig posted:

He's been getting ripped apart everywhere, including by Tiger in his press conference.

We should also talk about Tiger's pants pockets situation, what in the world is going on there?

Looks like he’s got pockets full of balls lol

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Phil’s cuff embroidery looks douchey as gently caress

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

sportsgenius86 posted:

Phil’s cuff embroidery looks douchey as gently caress

Haha I didn't notice he had his own logo there, that's even worse. I hope somebody posts updated attire rules in the Augusta locker room this week.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I bought a hat, a hanging towel, a mug, and a gold flag that I still need to get framed. I didn't know how crazy the secondary market was until I looked my hat up on eBay and saw it selling for 4x what I paid for it. But man those food prices were dope

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Does the masters have an official beer? Because I wouldn’t be surprised if the Dilly Dilly ban was due to some non-Bud Light sponsor

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

sportsgenius86 posted:

Does the masters have an official beer? Because I wouldn’t be surprised if the Dilly Dilly ban was due to some non-Bud Light sponsor
they have "domestic" and "imported" but no brands

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Critical posted:

Popping in this here thread to subtly brag that I used to play Jr golf with Matt Parziale, the firefighter that won the mid-am to claim a spot this year. He played with Rory today and plays with Tiger on Wednesday, who was his whole reason for picking up the game in the first place. He's won about everything you can win in Massachusetts Golf, and is a really really good guy.

He whipped my rear end on the reg despite being 5 years younger. I did beat him once by shooting a 77 and had to get up and down on 18 to do it. :smug:

His father Vic is caddying for him, and he and my dad are good friends. Dad texted him on Saturday asking how it was going, and got "Heaven on Earth. Wish you were here." as a response and he had to put his phone down and look out the window for a while to keep from crying.

So if you need an underdog to root for keep an eye on Matt. I would love to see him make the cut but this loving course destroys mortals so who knows. He's staying in the Crow's Nest so if I get a picture dump in the next week or so I'll share some.

The Guardian ran a story about him today (https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/apr/03/fireman-matt-parziale-masters-augusta-amateur-golf-tradition, if you're curious) and I couldn't help but like him after reading that. Reminds me of the golf pro at my local driving range, a stubbornly working-class place that sadly seems like it'll be sold for homes soon, who made the PGA Championship and Senior PGA a few years back and still tells stories. (It didn't help that the Senior PGA that year was at Bellerive and we're from St Louis, so of course he made the cut because of local knowledge and had a great gallery following the guy wearing a STL Blues golf shirt around every day.) Anytime we see a good working man's golfer still make it is a good thing.

e: also, here's Sergio's dinner menu.

Troy Queef fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Apr 4, 2018

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irQjIdEYqMM

----

I don't watch horror movies, I just watch the replay of Greg Norman in the 97 masters :(

Halo14 fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Apr 4, 2018

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Yeah I watched a video that popped up in my recommended list on YouTube last night, it was a compilation of meltdowns in major history. Spieth blowing the Masters lead to Danny loving Willett is up there amongst the worst of them. That one was so painful to watch.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
One of the best troll moves in sports was Sandy Lyle having them serve haggis at the champions dinner

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

I call Angel Cabrera!

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

My rude brother in law scheduled his wedding on Sunday fffffffffffffff

AndrewP fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Apr 4, 2018

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Troy Queef posted:

e: also, here's Sergio's dinner menu.

drat that sounds delicious

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

That's not a 3 course meal though, that's like a course and a half at best. Gimme dat Spanish beef.

Also, I wonder who the featured pairings will be for tomorrow and Friday. Tiger (with Fleetwood and Leishman) is a given. Mickelson Fowler Kuchar would be my pick for the second one. There's just too many people playing well that I want to watch.

Edit, never mind here they are:

Thursday, April 5
10:09 a.m. – Hideki Matsuyama, Patton Kizzire, Paul Casey
10:42 a.m. – Tiger Woods, Marc Leishman, Tommy Fleetwood
1:38 p.m. – Adam Scott, Rory McIlroy, Jon Rahm
2:00 p.m. – Justin Rose, Dustin Johnson, Rafael Cabrera Bello

Not too bad.

Suprfli6 fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Apr 4, 2018

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Suprfli6 posted:

That's not a 3 course meal though, that's like a course and a half at best. Gimme dat Spanish beef.

Also, I wonder who the featured pairings will be for tomorrow and Friday. Tiger (with Fleetwood and Leishman) is a given. Mickelson Fowler Kuchar would be my pick for the second one. There's just too many people playing well that I want to watch.

Edit, never mind here they are:

Thursday, April 5
10:09 a.m. – Hideki Matsuyama, Patton Kizzire, Paul Casey
10:42 a.m. – Tiger Woods, Marc Leishman, Tommy Fleetwood
1:38 p.m. – Adam Scott, Rory McIlroy, Jon Rahm
2:00 p.m. – Justin Rose, Dustin Johnson, Rafael Cabrera Bello

Not too bad.
Yeah, sorry about that. I got a little lazy but have updated the OP with tee times now.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Oh my god Tony Finau you idiot. Looked like he dislocated his ankle celebrating a hole in one.

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

Resident Sergio Apologist
CHAMPION
Came here to say that!

What a freaking idiot lol

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

man if i hit an ace at augusta in any circumstance that'd be the peak anyway

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Suprfli6 posted:

Oh my god Tony Finau you idiot. Looked like he dislocated his ankle celebrating a hole in one.

He played the next hole so hopefully he’s ok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

https://twitter.com/barstoolhrtland/status/981627009884479488

• Locked thread