Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hifi
Jul 25, 2012

jaelen strong cut. makes sense, he wasn't a big separation or catch radius guy at asu and no team was going to force him the ball when there were nfl quality guys around him on both sides of the field

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

DariusLikewise posted:

Chef is a bad career tract, every chef I've ever known smokes like a chimney and does a mountain of coke to make it through each day

Or cigs, coke AND heroin if you're Anthony Bourdain

In my experiences though this is most restaurant workers anyway

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

on the bored wop posted:

My fiancee recently posted a photo of her three-year-old son playing in a toy kitchen. The very first comment was an old dude saying "Get that boy out of the kitchen and put a football in his hand."
The sooner boomers die off the better off we'll all be

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I always wonder why anyone would go into the food industry. It seems absolutely miserable.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Being a line cook owns when you're young. Way better than retail or other lovely entry level jobs.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Cavauro posted:

Andrew Luck has shrunk to 6'1" so far and weighs 138 pounds

Did Thanos snap his fingers at the Colts facility?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Spoeank posted:

Yeah there's no reason for tackle football until... 14? 15? Long enough to learn good form before they're hulking manbeasts slamming into each other in college and the pros

Unfortunately the majority of professional players haven't even learned to tackle with good form.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

I’m surprised the NFL hasn’t made investments into robot football so that Belichick can easily cheat to win more titles without pesky biological limitations like a quarterback who will crumble into dust with the next big hit.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Play posted:

Unfortunately the majority of professional players haven't even learned to tackle with good form.

That's because no one ever bothers to teach it, and the freak athletes in high school never get coached properly because, what are you gonna do, tell the guy who's singlehandedly winning you football matches to tackle properly or get benched?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

King Hong Kong posted:

I’m surprised the NFL hasn’t made investments into robot football so that Belichick can easily cheat to win more titles without pesky biological limitations like a quarterback who will crumble into dust with the next big hit.

I like how in all the Sci Fi movies sports just get more and more dangerous instead of less.

Like for sure an 80s scifi movie about football in 2018 would have surgically implanted weapons and performance modifiers and death on the field would be a regular event.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Well yeah, no one's making a slice of life show about a minor league team playing Ultraball in Neokansas.

Which is a loving crime.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Welp it’s been less than a week and now I’m already watching Wyoming games from 2016 to try to find something salvageable.

Please release me.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

fsif posted:

Please release me.

-Josh Allen to the Bills, when he realizes he can't play in the NFL but is still guaranteed his salary.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

fsif posted:

Welp it’s been less than a week and now I’m already watching Wyoming games from 2016 to try to find something salvageable.

Please release me.

I'm so sorry

At least you still have McCoy?

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Why and how did we resign sproles I thought he was set on retiring since his knee and wrist blew up.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I wasn't paying attention to QBs this year because my team wasn't going to take one (well, I assumed they weren't) and ever since the draft all I've heard is bad things about Josh Allen. Is this one of those cases of teams talking themselves into this guy being a first round quarterback cause he has a "big time arm!" or "leadership!" or what?

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

fsif posted:

Please release me.

Billieve my brother.
This is pretty good film proving that Allen actually can do some pretty good things but also some of his fuckups.
https://youtu.be/XStNSi22sDM

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/Chargers/status/991097035838246913

:(

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

One the one hand, yes, sad.

On the other hand, this gets Hunter Henry on the field every down.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
did you know he played basketball in college

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

sharknado slashfic posted:

I wasn't paying attention to QBs this year because my team wasn't going to take one (well, I assumed they weren't) and ever since the draft all I've heard is bad things about Josh Allen. Is this one of those cases of teams talking themselves into this guy being a first round quarterback cause he has a "big time arm!" or "leadership!" or what?

He's Kyle Boller 2.0 in TFF's mind. Your team drafted a guy who's a lot like Vick, but thicker and better at passing. Steelers drafted Joe Flacco

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Coldforge posted:

One the one hand, yes, sad.

On the other hand, this gets Hunter Henry on the field every down.

Yeah.

Antonio was one of the last two links to the (literal) last good San Diego Chargers team. Rivers is the only one left.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

He's Kyle Boller 2.0 in TFF's mind. Your team drafted a guy who's a lot like Vick, but thicker and better at passing. Steelers drafted Joe Flacco

Yeah I've been up to my ears in Lamar Jackson takes both good and bad since we drafted him. A Kyle Boller comparison for Josh Allen is um....well, less then good.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

need more thicc bois in the league tbh

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
I need a Sam Darnold av

Are the shaky face avs still a thing? I feel like Darnold's bad face would lend itself well to one of those

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Professor Funk posted:

I need a Sam Darnold av

Are the shaky face avs still a thing? I feel like Darnold's bad face would lend itself well to one of those

Here you go: 💩

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

He retired right? Canton will go nuts inducting Joe Thomas and Antonio Gates at the same time.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Flikken posted:

He retired right? Canton will go nuts inducting Joe Thomas and Antonio Gates at the same time.

He said he wants to keep playing.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Yeah I've been up to my ears in Lamar Jackson takes both good and bad since we drafted him. A Kyle Boller comparison for Josh Allen is um....well, less then good.

Jackson is maybe not as electric as Vick, but he's a real run threat in his own right

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

a neat cape posted:

He said he wants to keep playing.

Pity, that would be an awesome HOF class for NE Ohio.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Jackson is maybe not as electric as Vick, but he's a real run threat in his own right

I'm gonna be honest I know nothing about Lamar Jackson but a cursory glance of his highlights vs Vick's makes him look more like Manziel

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Yeah.

It’s a bit like scouts watched the first half of this game and then left early to beat traffic and never checked the box score because stats are for losers.

https://youtu.be/utBIdiOwKUk

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

a tall white redneck from a small high-plains school was mvp of the league through 13 weeks this year, so now everyone wants one

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

https://twitter.com/JeffRisdon/status/976590919326683142?s=20

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

You could show this to Kiper and he'd just scoff and shake his head and say that Alien can make all the NFL throws

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

That Oregon game... woof

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

nerve posted:

You could show this to Kiper and he'd just scoff and shake his head and say that Alien can make all the NFL throws

I hear his arm talent is out of this world

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

God the number of Hot Takes naming Allen the best pick in the draft should result in a mass exodus of firings from sports journalism. Thank god that wont happen.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
https://twitter.com/tomecurran/status/991107013882142720

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Yeah, they didn't trade away your backup because you were threatened or anything, Tom/

• Locked thread