Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

This is pathetic, Tom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I checked like ten pages and didn’t see it posted, but everyone saw Taylor Lewan shotgunning beer out of a dead catfish Sunday night right?

https://twitter.com/NHLonNBCSports/status/990732945701916673?s=20

Demon Of The Fall fucked around with this message at 13:35 on May 1, 2018

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Demon Of The Fall posted:

I checked like ten pages and didn’t see it posted, but everyone saw Taylor Lewan shotgunning beer out of a dead catfish Sunday night right?

:stare: Even if it had been posted before, thank you for posting it because just :stare: :stare: :stare:

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Demon Of The Fall posted:

:drat:

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

So all this Josh Allen hate is making me go the other way. I hope Josh Allen is Tom Brady good. After the Bills give up on him and trade him to the Pats for a 6th round pick because we all know how this is gonna go

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Bills you could have just stayed put last year and drafted a guy that threw for 734 yards and 5 touchdowns vs Oklahoma and 586 yards and 6 touchdowns vs Baylor.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

He was kidding dude:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Reading that answer doesn’t really fill you with confidence though

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Kalli posted:

He was kidding dude:

I, uh, don't see how the rest of the transcript contradicts the original sentiment.

The last six-months-plus of Patriots coverage from the national media has been about the fractures in the relationship between key Patriots figures. Brady answered a question about it with "I plead the fifth" and then babbled on with a non-answer for the next couple minutes and went to great pains to never actually say that he felt appreciated by the team.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Brady really is a baby back bitch

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Look, all he wants is Bill to bend over and kiss him on the lips Spiderman style once in a while. Would that be too much to ask?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Amy Pole Her posted:

Reading that answer doesn’t really fill you with confidence though

fsif posted:

I, uh, don't see how the rest of the transcript contradicts the original sentiment.

That's how Brady always answers everything though, by giving a vapid politicians' soundbite. Brady's also clearly smirking as he says I plead the fifth, come on.

The fractures in the relationship is also a very silly thing. Oh no, the Patriots might be over soon! has been the media narrative since 2011 because what else is there to write about a team that wins 15 games every year? Yeah, no poo poo the 41 year old QB and 66 year old head coach aren't going to be doing this for much longer. Hell, Belichick's written about wanting to retire before he was too old to enjoy it, which I thought would be last year, but Kraft revealed last year he has a pact with Belichick with an end date they're keeping secret, which likely plays into the Josh McDaniels retention (ugh).

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Kalli triggered af

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QogxxzFMPwM

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Why is a think tank dedicated to global prosperity (via hitting our quarterly productivity goals!) talking to Tom Brady?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Tom's treated badly by the org. That's sad to hear

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I'm gonna be honest I know nothing about Lamar Jackson but a cursory glance of his highlights vs Vick's makes him look more like Manziel

Nah he's a different beast from Manziel that's for sure. He really is quick and fast, not Vick status but somewhere nearby. He passes better than Vick did too. He's absolutely got star potential; bust potential as well though if it doesn't all come together.

weird Asian candy posted:

Look, all he wants is Bill to bend over and kiss him on the lips Spiderman style once in a while. Would that be too much to ask?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Play posted:

Nah he's a different beast from Manziel that's for sure. He really is quick and fast, not Vick status but somewhere nearby. He passes better than Vick did too. He's absolutely got star potential; bust potential as well though if it doesn't all come together.

Huh. His throwing motion looked goofy to me, less of that Vick flick of the wrist and the ball is 1/4 mile away

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

http://www.cantonrep.com/sports/20180430/browns-draft-one-of-dorseys-right-hand-men-explains-flip-from-darnold

Alonzo Highsmith, Browns VP of Player Personnel posted:

“I was at an airport,” he said. “UCLA’s volleyball team was in front of me. You heard so much about Rosen. He’s this or that. We all know how people talk.

“So I asked one of the volleyball coaches, ‘What’s Rosen like?’ He said, ‘Aaaaa, you should probably ask his girlfriend. She’s one of the players. She’s over there.’

“I’m like, ‘All right coach. That’s good enough.’

“I don’t know what all this means, but there was something about him that bothered me.”

Browns

Play
Apr 25, 2006

We need some loving lefties in the NFL. I love watching left handed throwers and for me that's one of the reasons Vick was so fun to watch. All these righties are getting monotonous af

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I just hope the Ravens don't try to use Lamar as a trick play dude while they flounder along with Flacco.

Like the biggest problem with the super athletic dudes is getting the talent crippled out of them, so at least wait until he's the QB before that happens.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Kalli posted:

I just hope the Ravens don't try to use Lamar as a trick play dude while they flounder along with Flacco.

Like the biggest problem with the super athletic dudes is getting the talent crippled out of them, so at least wait until he's the QB before that happens.

If anything, the gadget plays should have Flacco as WR.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZ6zcf6dpRI

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Kalli posted:

The Ravens preseason games are going into the "must watch" category for the first time in over a decade, that's for sure. I can't wait to see what happens with that.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Kalli posted:

In like five years when Lamar is awesome and Sony Michel is in a wheelchair that pick is going to be on a lot of "biggest draft blunder" lists.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
All I'm saying is I wanted the SKINS to take him in the 1st.

The Alex Smith trains moves on...

Play
Apr 25, 2006

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23373088/nfl-not-considering-eliminating-kickoffs-2018-season

The NFL is reworking kickoffs and is going to have a brainstorm meeting with special teams coaches and players. They are not going to eliminate it as some thought they might. It's pretty vague now, but what they're aiming for is something closer to a punt (maybe it will literally be a punt) where there is less full contact preceded by running starts and more one on one blocking that begins down the field. So it seems like it will be a distance/formation change of some kind. I kinda like it, I love kickoffs but they're on the knife edge of totally irrelevant and extremely dangerous which is not good. Hopefully they can fix it so that there is still plenty of excitement but fewer injuries and fewer touchbacks.

Play fucked around with this message at 20:07 on May 1, 2018

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

make it the schiano rule!

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

make it the schiano rule!

Rename it the Jon Bois rule

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Just make it the same as a punt after a safety or something, can't wait for all the incisive commentary on how removing kickoffs is advancing the "pussification" of football

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
"Ask Rosen's girlfriend what he's like"

"Oh ok nevermind"

what does that even mean

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Yeah something with the story doesn't quite line up. Maybe the quote is misinterpreted and he did talk to her and didn't like what she had to say? ... or maybe it doesn't make sense because it's the Browns being the Browns

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Play posted:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23373088/nfl-not-considering-eliminating-kickoffs-2018-season

The NFL is reworking kickoffs and is going to have a brainstorm meeting with special teams coaches and players. They are not going to eliminate it as some thought they might. It's pretty vague now, but what they're aiming for is something closer to a punt (maybe it will literally be a punt) where there is less full contact preceded by running starts and more one on one blocking that begins down the field. So it seems like it will be a distance/formation change of some kind. I kinda like it, I love kickoffs but they're on the knife edge of totally irrelevant and extremely dangerous which is not good. Hopefully they can fix it so that there is still plenty of excitement but fewer injuries and fewer touchbacks.

That's fine, but if you're going to change poo poo for the 2018 season, hey maybe do that before free agency and the draft.

Not that anyone's really going all in on kick returners or whatever, but this changes the value of a bunch of random backups that might suddenly not have roster spots.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

piss tape israel posted:

"Ask Rosen's girlfriend what he's like"

"Oh ok nevermind"

what does that even mean

"He must be an rear end in a top hat if the coach won't say anything positive and passed the buck to someone else."

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Can you blame a volleyball coach in the airport for not wanting to be responsible for influencing the decision of the #1 pick in the NFL draft

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
"hey wow, stroke of luck here's someone who actually knows the kid pretty well, you can talk to her if you'd like"

"I've heard enough"

"???"

Did he expect the volleyball coach to know Rosen personallly?

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Kalli posted:

That's fine, but if you're going to change poo poo for the 2018 season, hey maybe do that before free agency and the draft.

Not that anyone's really going all in on kick returners or whatever, but this changes the value of a bunch of random backups that might suddenly not have roster spots.

that’s what supposedly gave Mike Hughes some value for the Vikings. I mean, he seemed well regarded anyway but his more immediate value on a DB rich team like Minnesota would be in the return game.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Blitz7x posted:

"hey wow, stroke of luck here's someone who actually knows the kid pretty well, you can talk to her if you'd like"

"I've heard enough"

"???"

Did he expect the volleyball coach to know Rosen personallly?

Seroiusly that makes Highsmith look like an actual loving retard

Nov 6, 2002

nerve posted:

Seroiusly that makes Highsmith look like an actual loving retard

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I wonder how long it'll be before NFL teams start using the same player for K and P duties

With kickoffs going away it seems like just a matter of time until they start asking their kickers to handle punting too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 6, 2002

SKULL.GIF posted:

I wonder how long it'll be before NFL teams start using the same player for K and P duties

With kickoffs going away it seems like just a matter of time until they start asking their kickers to handle punting too

Never. If anything the trends is towards more specialization. Especially if/when they make the rosters bigger.

• Locked thread