Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

JBP posted:

I just make Conan in every game that gives me the option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

CROMS EVERYWHERE

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

gently caress he lookin' old.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Gridlocked posted:

I spent more time trying to set up Skyrim to be a cool hunter-mercenary-viking simulator with cool monsters, weather mechanics, increased lethality and cloathing mechanics than I did playing said moded game.

I started as a hunter in the woods and got eaten by wolves. Twice.

Then a troll ambushed me and it regenerated faster than I could hit it with my sword.

I abused feedback loops until I could run around wearing just enchanted boots and a necklace and literally never die and had a dozen weapons which could one-shot the end boss.

The only thing Bethesda games are good for is breaking them.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Tokamak posted:

Auspol's ranked political issues:
1 - NBN
2 - Steam Refunds
3 - Bicycle Helmet Laws
4 - Full Communism Now

Better than talking about us murdering refugees in our torture camps. At least something might change about the above.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

JBP posted:

gently caress he lookin' old.

He's 55, he looks pretty good imo

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/workmanalice/status/990828839914754049

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

"My right hand man"

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-04-30/cory-bernardi-wins-vaping-award-for-nicotine-advocacy/9710856

quote:

Australian Conservatives senator Cory Bernardi has accepted an industry award for promoting the legalisation of nicotine in e-cigarettes.
But the event has been blasted by a well-known public health expert, who described the South Australian politician as a "rather pathetic character" who was "not an authority" on the subject.
Senator Bernardi was presented with the award by Legalise Vaping Australia, a body connected to the Australian Taxpayers' Alliance, which is known for supporting conservative and libertarian causes.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Guardian AU posted:

Craig Laundy says the Coalition has failed to take the fight to the labour movement on industrial relations and has urged employers to organise in a manner similar to unions to combat their “backwards-looking” demands.

In a speech to the Australian Industry Group policy conference on Monday, the workplace relations minister signalled the government would propose further legal changes and called for employer support in convincing their workers to back the Coalition.

He said unions “have perfected the art of organising as a political tool”.

“They are smart operators and we have let them take over the industrial relations field unchallenged,” he said. “Enough is enough. This is a call to action from me to every one of you ... You need to organise the way the unions do.”

Wow.

Linky: https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2018/apr/30/deal-with-moderate-unions-now-or-risk

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

quote:

“They are smart operators and we have let them take over the industrial relations field unchallenged,”

LOOOOL

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/i-honestly-can-t-recall-says-alp-fixer-35-times-20180429-p4zcbv.html

Bechara Khouri, currently starring in a corruption inquiry into allegations of corrupt planning decisions at the former Canterbury Council, appears to have an unfortunate connection with the corruption watchdog.

His brother was jailed for lying to the Independent Commission Against Corruption and his former business partner Eddie Obeid is in jail following a corruption inquiry into his family’s cafe leases.

Once described in State Parliament as Obeid’s "fixer", the 61-year-old "facilitator" (as he prefers to be known) is well known in Labor circles.

The inquiry has heard that Mr Khouri was receiving $15,000 a month from developer Charlie Demian and $8000 a month from property developer Dyldam.

According to corporate records, he is also in business with the wife of another property developer for whom he was lobbying.

On 35 occasions while in the witness box Mr Khouri used the word "honestly" when he couldn’t help the commission. "I honestly can’t remember", "I can't remember, honestly", "I honestly can’t, I’d lie to you if I tell you I remember anything" and "I would love to assist but I honestly and sincerely can’t recall," he said.

This is the third inquiry in which Mr Khouri has been mentioned. In 2005, the ICAC found that then-Strathfield mayor John Abi-Saab and others had staged an elaborate sting during which they filmed Mr Abi-Saab’s successor as mayor, Alfred Tsang, accepting a bribe.

A group of local Lebanese property developers who were friends and associates of then powerbroker Obeid and his lifelong friend Mr Abi-Saab stood to lose millions of dollars as the new mayor planned to overturn previous favourable development decisions.

The inquiry heard that the late Mr Abi-Saab tried to blackmail Mr Tsang with the tape of the bribe but Mr Tsang not only refused to resign but he gave the money back and dobbed himself in to the ICAC.

During the attempt to oust the mayor, the corruption watchdog was intercepting Mr Abi-Saab’s calls.

"Did you fix the testicle?" they heard Mr Khouri ask. "So did they pull out the varicose vein or not yet?"

"Not yet," Mr Abi-Saab replied.

"So the doctor told you you have to wait a little," Mr Khouri said, before adding: "Yeah, that's good. So long as it doesn't affect the penis."

Mr Abi-Saab said Mr Khouri was "always joking like that" and denied that "fixing the testicle" referred to removing the mayor.

Mr Abi-Saab said of his friend: "We meet regularly, we discuss different things. Politics and council and Labor branches and stacking and things like that … "

In an interview with the Herald in 2015, Mr Khouri insisted that his conversation with Mr Abi-Saab about testicles and penises was a reference to Mr Khouri’s bicycle accident.

"The steering wheel went through my bottom side," he said at the time.

A jury later acquitted Mr Abi-Saab of blackmail but he received a suspended jail term after pleading guilty to conspiring to give false evidence to the ICAC.

Mr Khouri was also mentioned at the 2003 inquiry into whether Obeid had solicited a $1 million bribe on behalf of the ALP to smooth the path for the Oasis project, a joint development by the Canterbury League Club and Liverpool Council.

An allegation was aired that Mr Khouri had threatened an earthmover with getting no work on the Oasis project if he did not pay $50,000.

In his final report Commissioner John Slattery found no corruption on the part of Obeid or anyone else. He also noted that the earthmover had changed his position on the bribe allegation several times and, in the end, had told the commission that "he had paid Mr Bechara Khoury (sic) $30,000 but this was in relation to other consultancy work" not related to the Oasis project.

In March 2010, Mr Khouri’s brother Elias was jailed for 2½ years for lying to the ICAC.

Elias Khoury, the parish priest at St Nicholas Antiochian Orthodox Church in Punchbowl, pleaded guilty to falsifying community service orders for two offenders and then lying about it to investigators from the ICAC.

Father Khoury’s sentence was later reduced after an appeal court accepted that he was of ''limited intellectual ability'' and that his skills as a parish priest "had always been well below the level expected".

Mr Khouri will return to give further evidence at the second tranche of the commission’s inquiry in June.

New South Wales

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

Please, Craig Laundy, don't dismantle the Fair Work Commission

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

Sophie Mirabella case: Ken Wyatt says former MP approached him to get 'evidence right'

Wyatt about evidence in her defamation case. Photograph: Tracey Nearmy/AAP

The federal aged care minister, Ken Wyatt, says he was approached by former Liberal colleague Sophie Mirabella to get their “evidence right” about a controversial photo opportunity.

Wyatt entered the witness box in the Victoria county court on Monday at Wangaratta where Mirabella is suing weekly newspaper the Benalla Ensign and its editor, Libby Price.

The newspaper published an article in April 2016 about an encounter five days earlier with the member for Indi, Cathy McGowan, describing how Mirabella pushed her successor out of a photo opportunity with Wyatt.

Mirabella denies the push and claims the article had devastating consequences for her public profile.

Wyatt said that, at a June 2017 federal Liberal council meeting, Mirabella told him “we need to get our evidence right”.

“I said ‘the comment is inappropriate, I am a justice of peace’ and the conversation ceased,” he told the court on Monday.

Mirabella told the court previously she did not raise such a conversation.

Wyatt said he had been willing to have a photo with McGowan, the sitting member who unseated Mirabella in 2013, at the opening of new wing at an aged-care facility at Benalla.

“Ms Mirabella came over and asked me not to have a photo with Cathy,” he said. “She placed her hands over the middle of my chest for about one minute.

“If I’d move to turn there would have been pressure exerted either way.”

Wyatt said repeatedly that Mirabella did not push McGowan during the event.

The Benalla Ensign has since admitted the push did not occur but together with Price are fighting the case, arguing the article was substantially true and “pushed” was used as a figure of speech.

The trial before a jury of six people continues.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2018/apr/30/sophie-mirabella-case-ken-wyatt-says-former-mp-approached-him-to-get-evidence-right

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Laserface posted:

Lol at you loving dorks buying a game labelled 'early access' and then complaining that it is, in fact, not yet finished and full of bugs and demanding a refund.

Early access games are the electronic version of a deconstructed frozen hot dog.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

DancingShade posted:

Early access games are the electronic version of a deconstructed frozen hot dog.

To me they seem like paying for a terrible cam job of a movie that hasn't been released in Australia yet, where the cameraman spends some of the time pointing the wrong way and runs out of battery before the end.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

EoinCannon posted:

To me they seem like paying for a terrible cam job of a movie that hasn't been released in Australia yet, where the cameraman spends some of the time pointing the wrong way and runs out of battery before the end.

You'd think that after the many, many, MANY well publicized "early access" abandonware/shovelware hybrid disasters since inception people would be a little more discerning by now.

But no. It's the stupid tax.

bigis
Jun 21, 2006
But you’re covered by the ACL so why worry if an early access game is broken?

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Most of them say they are broken pieces of poo poo that I've seen, so I doubt they would be covered by consumer law.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
It turns out that video games, are bad

bigis
Jun 21, 2006
But we’ve established they are covered by consumer law.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

bigis posted:

But we’ve established they are covered by consumer law.

If it's not fit for purpose then it absolutely is, but if you're buying something that is broken and it has been explained many times clearly that it is broken and you still buy it then I doubt that you're entitled to a refund under consumer law.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Never know til you try!

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Birdstrike posted:

It turns out that video games, are bad

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Come election time Labor should run endless ads showing Turnbull talking about not needing a commission alongside footage of the results of the uneeded royal commission.

Gentleman Baller
Oct 13, 2013

Zenithe posted:

If it's not fit for purpose then it absolutely is, but if you're buying something that is broken and it has been explained many times clearly that it is broken and you still buy it then I doubt that you're entitled to a refund under consumer law.

If video game companies want to pretend they're selling the product 'as is' then they need to drop the early access tag. That tag specifically means the opposite of 'this is what you are buying' and it's been a while since I've checked up on Australian consumer law, but I don't think 'lol jk' works as a defense against product descriptions like that.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
There are so many non broken older games out there. Sometimes they've even been repaired by fans after the developer abandoned them (Colonial Marines lol). The currently existing backlog of good games you haven't played could well last out your entire lifetime, and you can usually get them for the 5-10$ range.

In short gamers are financially illiterate, highly impulsive children and they don't deserve to have money.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

hiddenmovement posted:

There are so many non broken older games out there. Sometimes they've even been repaired by fans after the developer abandoned them (Colonial Marines lol). The currently existing backlog of good games you haven't played could well last out your entire lifetime, and you can usually get them for the 5-10$ range.

In short gamers are financially illiterate, highly impulsive children and they don't deserve to have money.

What about people who take loans they can't afford?

EDIT: A redditer and his money are soon parted.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

hiddenmovement posted:

In short boomers are financially illiterate, highly impulsive children and they don't deserve to have money.
Also works

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

hooman posted:

What about people who take loans they can't afford?

EDIT: A redditer and his money are soon parted.

Refer to clause 22.5 Star Citizen

AgentF
May 11, 2009

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

Come election time Labor should run endless ads showing Turnbull talking about not needing a commission alongside footage of the results of the uneeded royal commission.

Dear God, please grant Labor the ability to message effectively come election time.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

Zenithe posted:

They put in all that crap in the fine print about no guarantees, but as long as they keep promising in advertisements what you're going to get eventually, they're totally making guarantees

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

AgentF posted:

Dear God, please grant Labor the ability to message effectively come election time.

I've checked my notes and I'm here to say
I'm Bill on the hill and I'm ok with gay

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

JBP posted:

I've checked my notes and I'm here to say
I'm Bill on the hill and I'm ok with gay

We’re loving doomed.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

AgentF posted:

Yeah about that...

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Bill Shorten rubs a magic lamp.

What comes out?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Anidav posted:

What comes out?

A magical grey suit in which all the pockets are stuffed with handy notes.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
All the notes a man could ever dream of checking

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Anidav posted:

What comes out?

several monkey paws

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Anidav posted:

What comes out?
50 focus groups, each with a different answer.

• Locked thread