Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

That's an extraordinarily dumb decision to be the fall guy on that strategy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

The Peccadillo posted:

Tony!, Toni!, Tone!, Tonee?

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Why the gently caress are there like 5 pages of people stridently arguing against someone who was a bad enough poster to contract forums cancer?

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

hooman posted:

I mean hell there's probably a lot more evidence for it than a heap of the welfare reforms that get rolled out Australia wide that are proven not to work, or are simply wrong. Robodebt, Drug Testing, Waiting Periods, Income withdrawl, Job Services Providers...

They ain't reforms unless we're including "kickbacks to mates" or "kicking the poor".

UBI is a great idea, but the techbros like it because it'll make them feel great while they offshore every job they can which will give them enough money to hire the level of tax lawyer who will find new and innovative ways to get them out of paying any tax.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

K, so what I learned is that there's a bunch of poo poo going down inside VicLabor and that part of it is parachuting Jane Garrett in to that new seat.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Konomex posted:

So the exact same people who will claim they're not responsible for the genocide of Aboriginals because it wasn't them personally will turn around and claim all the benefits as something they personally brought them, despite it also not actually being them?

It all comes down to affirmative action.

The logic is:
I didn't do nothing to them,
Kevin said we're sorry already (or, we don't have anything to be sorry for),
My taxes pay for their benefits,
Why don't I/my kids get those benefits,
They shouldn't have those benefits.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Sussan Ley good????

lolno

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

DancingShade posted:

Hell give us one of the dead sheep back and they can take her as swapsies.

Hey, they don't even have to swapsies, we'll let her go for free.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

bell jar posted:

who was that other one that came before abbott. i can't even remember his name now. brendan nelson. leland palmer looking motherfucker

Assuming Labour don't royally gently caress this up (good chance they will IMHO), we'll see another Brendan Nelson-like figure take leadership before whoever takes over in the leadup to the election after this one. He was never realistically going to take the LNP to the 20?11? election, but those first stumbling steps of opposition are always hard. You need someone to keep a straight face and hopefully keep the cameras on them while the real leadership contenders engage in an all out brawl in the carpark of the Woy Woy Maccas.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Solemn Sloth posted:

Not applicable to refugees

Or members of church based institutions,

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

He makes staggeringly good points, but he makes them in the dumbest way possible.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

bell jar posted:

AFAIK interest isn't charged on it. There was some talk of implementing it during Abbott years but it was shot down as hosed iirc. Might be wrong.

I think it was part of the colossal overhaul the Abbott government tried and failed ignominiously to implement.
Later attempts by the Turnbull government to water it down and feed it through a hose have also failed iirc.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Most people don't like talking about Politics or thinking about Politics. Which is why the magic 10 word slogan works so loving well.
If Turnbull loses its because the media has created a narrative enough people see as negative, not because of any policy failures he's been involved in creating.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

I wouldn't go that far, at the end of the day if the government keeps loving up he will turn his guns on them and stack the other side. He's beholden to the public to sell newspapers and fox subscriptions, which means they have to craft a narrative that sells.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

bell jar posted:

some sort of bank, for the common wealth of all australians

A bank for all peoples from Australia and, you know what, hell lets throw in those New Zealanders too.

Maybe we could go a step further and make a bank that caters to all peoples in the Western Pacific.

• Locked thread