Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

lmao that you can have a job, have a 'break' and still be expected to not only work but also not actually be able to do any of the things they give you the break for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I think the thing everyone is missing here is 'who loving cares its just that idiot who said dumb things on ANZAC day'

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

You can grow your own vegetables too but not many people do, or are successful at it.

anyway, if it was legalised it would be so expensive and regulated that the black market would still exist in some capacity.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

hooman posted:

I do, frequently.

I'm also curious as to the impacts of weed on lung health when smoked. How carcinogenic is it I wonder.

Weed brownies for all.

many of the carcinogens in weed are water soluble so a bong makes it somewhat safer.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Dimebag posted:

Also greater availability of weed may mean that those who like to spin their weed with baccy to make it go further would no longer do so. That would be a happy side effect of legalisation.

vaporizing is more efficient than smoking also. you can run the same weed through a vape at varying temps to get more out of it, or cook edibles/make oils with the vaped stuff also.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Anidav posted:

There's like 7 different bins(glass, metal, plastic, food, ect) and they have bin inspectors that fine you if you put the wrong poo poo in the wrong bin. Fast forward decades later and categorising rubbish is basically apart of Japanese household culture. Where if you put the wrong poo poo in the wrong bin your Japanese mom will beat the poo poo out of you and say Ora Ora~ afterwards.

Everywhere I went in Japan was literally a choice between combustibles or plastic bottles to recycle, I have no idea where people are getting this 'different bin for collection every day' thing from.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

We sort ours at home pretty seriously, to the point that our recycling bing was usually overflowing by mid-cycle (fortnightly cycle) and our red bin never had more than 2-3 shopping bags worth of rubbish in it each week.We also compost any organic waste that we can so that cuts down heaps too. Im kind of surprised that so few councils collect garden waste bins (my parents in the Shire have them, nowhere else I have lived has green waste bins?). We also collect soft plastics and drop them off at Coles once a month.

I think the amount of recycling that we collect at our home however is more an indication of how much packaging things include these days, rather than a sign of how little 'waste' garbage we produce. so much poo poo has unnecessary packaging.

what I wonder, is where all these products that have high-recycled material content get their recycled material from, if we dont process it here?

surely the impact on the environment from shipping in packaging made from 100% recycled materials from china is worse than producing new ones here.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

If you cant look after yourself you dont get to live.

I mean thats how the boomers treat everyone else? whats the problem?

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Yeah in regional areas where it's not viable to install hardware at the exchange tpg etc just buy the Telstra connections and you end up paying exactly the same as you would if you'd gone directly to Telstra with an additional layer of support thrown in.

You can't get their $69 unlimited data deals because Telstra doesn't sell the wholesale connections to them in anything less than what they already offer as retail. It's hosed.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

someone was telling me the other day how they didnt get paid super at their old job because they were under 18 and everyone in the staffroom was like 'uhhhh mate might wanna check on that one'

I think he said he worked at KFC, maybe.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Ten Becquerels posted:

Why the gently caress does The West Australian get so up in arms about sharks, I swear when I walk past the sandwich board at the newsagency there's a new shark headline at least once a week. Today it was 'VICTIMS BLAMED FOR SHARK ATTACK', which I like to imagine involved someone suggesting that those surfers knew what they were doing when they wore such skin-tight wetsuits, what did they expect going out onto the water dressed so enticingly seal-like?

Im pretty sure a shark attack is one of the only times you can legitimately blame the victim, so the headline is correct.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

I dunno signing a blank form, one that probably says 'the information i have supplied is accurate and true' and thinking you arent doing anything wrong and thinking there would be no consequences/expecting someone to bail you out is pretty loving stupid IMO.

Equally evil on the lenders behalf, but it seems like most people that are getting into the market are doing it only just by the skin of their teeth if they are doing it by their own means.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

just loving lol if you think that anyone should be excused of responsibility wrt making sure a loving financial institution of all things is working in your best interests.

Blindly accepting information provided to you as accurate by anyone who makes a buck off what they are telling you is a huge self own.

this is not to say that its totally fine for the lender to do that! its really bad that this is probably a common method of getting a loan approved. Thats what the RC is for.

lets all remind ourselves that basically all these forms contain, right where you loving sign them, a big 'are you lying? is this information correct? YOU ARE GOING TO BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE IF YOU ARE LYING COS ITS FRAUD'

you cant (and sometimes shouldnt) protect people from themselves.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Lol at you loving dorks buying a game labelled 'early access' and then complaining that it is, in fact, not yet finished and full of bugs and demanding a refund.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Anidav posted:

Yes but some games never come out of early access like Ark or Elite Dangerous (kinda). They sort of just stick in the eternal beta status and launch expansion packs or something. It's kinda misleading from a consumer standpoint.

I am yet to see a game come out of early access that is actually of 'complete, retail' game standards. Pubg is 'out of early access' but its still a huuuuuuge pile of poo poo (on xbox, at least)

Early access purely exists because gamers have zero self control and publishers/devs know it.

JBP posted:

It's a weird one "early access". You've sold a product for money, so I imagine it still attracts consumer guarantees versus calling it a "free beta" or whatever which means it isn't the actual product.

you are getting the game at a discounted price because it is unfinished, potentially broken and may never ever reach a retail release standard of quality.

I can see a refund being warranted for basically any :dice: game on release, but early access kind of spells out rather clearly that its going to have bugs and problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Zenithe posted:

Unlike great full price full release titles that do not have bugs, like GOTY 2011-2017 Skyrim.

Counterpoint: if you buy any game in TYOOL 2018 and expect it to be complete and bug free at launch then you are an idiot.

• Locked thread