Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

keyframe posted:

What BR game died when they released a new map?

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

The sneakiest thing this game did is turn the matchmaking cross platform all the time. I'm suddenly a god who can get like 2 or even 3 kills now.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

StabMasterArson posted:

Firing a single shot at a guy to have him poo poo out a castle sucks

People keep saying this, but the number of actual John Wicks is extremely low. Even the number of people who reflex build more than 1 story is extremely low, especially since cross platform became standard. 3-4 wall and stairs is nothing special.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

V bucks just crashed from everyone trying to buy Raven.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

What's so great about Raven? Am I missing a reference?

Ya brain broke or something?

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Johnny Truant posted:

:same: :agreed:

Work has been crushing me this week so I haven't played at all, I got a lot of challenges to catch up on.

Like getting a trap elimination, argh, time to just drop tilted like twenty times until I can snatch one

The hardest part of getting a trap elim is remembering you have one after you knock a guy.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Beastie posted:

Just lol if you think these young people are making six figures a month playing video games and not doing an assload of drugs with their newly acquired fortunes.

I'm pretty sure imaqtpie is not doing drugs.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

el B posted:

I didn't realize these were static. Nice

I heard from my favorite nose rubbing streamer Ninja that they don't always appear.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

tyrelhill posted:

Yea I’ve gotten stuck in build mode a few times on ps4. Luckily only died from it once so far.

Is there a way to change the order of build stuff? I’d rather have wall next to ramp :/

Next patch supposed to allow changing order on console. Hope they also fix the PC bug where switching weapons can cause them to get stuck on the map and not fire.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Venuz Patrol posted:

getting to play against people who actually know how to play this game is cool and something that basically no other game with this level of popularity does

The game matchmakes itself - you kill everyone worse than you and then die to someone better than you.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

People should stop advising landing in tilted for newb experience. The fighting there is different than any other location due to the huge tall buildings and you're much more likely to just get killed randomly. There are plenty of normal high traffic areas to drop instead like Retail Row or Salty Springs which will be way less frustrating and more "realistic" experience.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

cinci zoo sniper posted:

The whole idea is pretty much the opposite of getting a realistic experience. Sole point of dropping tilted is so that you can have a gun fight every 20 seconds instead of every 2 minutes and get used to primary combat mechanics faster.

Besides that, if you can consistently make out of TT with halfway decent haul on a regular basis, you will absolutely destroy most people out there that aren't buildlords or fellow tilters.

Tilted is the single most likely place to die without a gun. Also, no point in wasting brain power learning chest and loot locations in Tilted, especially since it's being nuked (please god)

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

I feel very strongly about Frotnite.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Looks like that, you’re the first person I see being mad about Tilted as a gun range.

I am not mad, I am a mature, self-actualized adult.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Nekrews posted:

I love that the dancefloors have posters of old Epic games, like Jazz Jackrabbit and One Must Fall 2097. Really makes me nostalgic, since I loved those as a little kid!

I've seen those in tilted and the loot lake cabins I think. Epic is not in the business of unique assets, which partly was a deliberate choice as its good for gameplay.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Everyone is requesting all these bug fixes and really all I want is for them to remove using PvE vbucks in Battle Royale so they can change all the cosmetics to actual reasonable prices.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Enderzero posted:

In pubg I try to jump when the map marker is exactly perpendicular to the plane. I wonder if in Fortnite it makes sense to jump sooner then that and start aiming down to gain speed and head for valleys?

Depending on elevation i think you can typically make it around two grid squares from the bus dropping straight down.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

50v50 was so laggy when we tried it. Dropping closer to the circle helps with the slow initial start, fighting is definitely more common. I definitely prefer teams of 20 so far though although that was way more luck of the draw if you had a chance to win.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Real Cool Catfish posted:

Is anyone else watching the Las Vegas tournament? First match went to the wire between the last two.

It was a surprisingly good start for a game that could have easily been ruined by a million different random things.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Zerilan posted:

The only match I got to see all of was the one where Ninja was 2nd to Sneak E Beaver. The final 1v1 being just a massive tower in a tiny circle was intense.

Pretty much all the matches ended that same way. It was crazy. Poor Myth though.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Now you can move on to the real pro-tip, which is to rotate around the object you're mining so that the indicator stays in essentially the same spot and you can hit it every time.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

It's weird that a game with no real incentivized reward for winning is so popular. Really makes you think

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

i'm starting to get a pavlovian anger reaction from seeing the loving john wick skin

it seems like nearly every game i drop somewhere and then immediately get owned by a john wick with MLG skills

On the other hand, when I play John Wick I get to give others the satisfaction of killing me

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

GigaPeon posted:

Played a billion hours and unlocked the John Wick's Car Glider with functioning turn signals and break lights. Totally worth it, right?

Right?

I didn't even know it did that before I got it so it turned out extremely worth it.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Meteors own because they can't hurt you. Another loss for PUBG red zones.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

teagone posted:

Have you never cheered a form of "Let's go!" at a sporting event? Same kind of cheer applies to any competitive scenario.

The something awful .com forums

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

They seriously killed it with the new season. And the next season seeming like it could be Hollywood themed is even better.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

FauxLeather posted:

I was getting the impression that this WAS a Hollywood theme. There's tons of new recording studios dotted around the map, some new villain/hero bases (the mansion north of the racetrack, a missile silo to the east of Snobby Shores), also a sitcom set to the east of the junkyard.
Also if you unlock this week's loading screen and look at the item description it's a kind of short diary log that talks about how a recording session was interrupted by the comet strike. Conceptually this seems to be a fun mashup of Hollywood and actual space bullshit. .

It's funny, I was thinking all the Hollywood stuff was a tease and that the theme was sci-fi, but now that I've seen the huge number of changes and rewards, it must be what you're describing.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Truthfully though, Fortnite probably does need to have some sort of skill based matchmaking. It's really loving hard for a newbie to get going on Fortnite, and not too many will keep slogging through it to get good.

Is this a MOBA thread now

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

It doesn't really matter who kills you. Pretty much all the necessary skills to become competent enough (which you can measure by how well you can carry your own weight in duo/squad) just come from playing a lot and learning a few basic tips and keybinds. Maybe watch Ninja for like an hour to copy some of the movement tech and basic builds.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

FauxLeather posted:

I've had so many occasions where I've unloaded an entire clip of my assault rifle at an enemy while they were in the center of a Still & Crouching crosshair and had every shot miss. Scoped assault rifles are the only ones I wanna use because those actually hit.

Streamers are all just hackers

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Kelp Plankton posted:

None of these twitch skins have had enough purple on them

They're all so generic

At least the new one is a girl instead of Soldier Dude #58

Is there a diversity problem in Fortnite?

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Yeah I agree. There's almost always a female and male version of every character too, which is why I was confused by that comment.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

https://www.theatlantic.com/amp/article/559940/

Aspiring navelgazer pretends teaming up in solos is acceptable

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

John Murdoch posted:

When you buy V-bucks it automatically stores your payment information with no option to not do that, unlike just about every other online store I've ever seen ever. So if you're too lazy to dig through Epic's site to delete it immediately, it'll be waiting there ready to be stolen/used at all times. It's honestly pretty loving absurd.

They're also the only game company I've seen that lets you buy items with a single click and no confirmation, which is awful.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

prom candy posted:

The challenges are tough this week, for example there are no loving chests in greasy grove

http://www.fortnitechests.info

Has the same number as a bunch of locations

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Takes some luck but you can also build so high that Thanos can't reach you in the final circle :laffo:

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

prom candy posted:

Most onboard sound cards are good now. You used to need a separate card for everything. I tried some of the virtual surround stuff that my USB card offers with Fortnite and it made it worse

Yeah virtual surround is trash, I've tried it on 3 different companies headsets and it does nothing but make things have more echo, including party chat which is annoying.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Did they fix the xp bug yet? At least earlier today nothing was granting any xp, so doing the challenges was a bad idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Brite Gunner + Star Power is the best