Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Battle pass chat - developers state that full completion is aimed on average of 75-100 hours if I remember correctly, but it seems to be going rather fast for me.

If you do all challenges, you also break even with cost of it as there are 100 vbucks as a reward for each 7 tiers.

It's a lot faster if you play with friends for the bonus there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

Pops Mgee posted:

Lol at anyone squading up with and wanting to talk to pubbies.

The goon Discord has very little activity and the Reddit/Epic one is awful :shrug:

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

All goons are mentally stable and fun to play with at all times, everyone who has ever played lol/dota2 knows this.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

Little Bitch Man posted:

Pubg is trash lmao: unoptimized, buggy, loot crate microtransactions, generic gameplay and aesthetics, costs $30.

Seriously, I'm glad Fortnite brought in a fresh look and concept to the genre.

And yet finding a group of goons to play a match of pubg is a painless effort while the goon Fortnite Discord is mostly people missing each other by hours to play games together :(

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

Two indicators the game uses is time alive and placement and there doesn't seem to be a kick timer.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

el B posted:

^^^^^Neither fun nor playing, but if you want to try to look stylish by the time your arm heals....

Yes but your KDA ratios! :ohdear:

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Does this game even record KDR?

Also new battle pass confirmed for 7/12/18

I was in some Discord where people were stressing KDA ratios hard for team picking is the only reason I know. Otherwise seems pretty unimportant.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

el B posted:

Hey, man, I play fortnite to forget how terrible D2 is! Quit buzzin my mellow, bro!

I got D2 for free and still felt ripped off.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

goferchan posted:

That's how I got the trap kill, knock someone down in duos, box them in, put the trap right under them :clint:

I did the unethical: solo queue with a buddy and did a trap kill. I've also sometimes recognized when someone is trying to get an explosion kill and just let them have it. I'm ruining this game.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

prom candy posted:

Not sure if this got posted already but I was pleasantly surprised to find that you can get the explosive damage challenge by exploding yourself. With enough shields and medkits you might even be able to do it in one match.

Stick yourself, run into a group of enemies in a 50v50.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

The leave/achievement mechanic could probably be done better. For example, you don't get credit if quitting out, probably to discourage that kind of behavior, but it's trivial to just build up 10 stairs and plummet to your death.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

el B posted:

Not sure what you're asking... I have been using a xim for about two and half years, and I love it. I don't want to make a big investment into a gaming pc, and all my friends are on console. As was mentioned, Fortnite has native support for k/m on PS4. I haven't tried a direct input because Sony only put 2 USB PORTS ON THEIR CONSOLE :argh: and I need one dedicated to my wireless headset.

Couldn't you just buy a USB hub for :10bux:?

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

McGlockenshire posted:

Is the Discord in the OP still the best place to look for goons to team up with?

The Overchill one is pretty active. The others not so much.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

santanotreal posted:

So some people will edit the pyramid piece to look like a ramp, because it has more durability than normal ramps and allows for consistent peaking through the cracks.

When I tried this in-game it showed them as having the same hp. Is this not the case?

Neon Belly fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Jul 16, 2018

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

McGlockenshire posted:

As far as I know, you get your earned XP immediately but I haven't done the math to check it for sure. I often stick around if it looks like we'll win for the extra fifty though.

You don't get the win xp if you don't stick around? That's silly :(

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

Super Rad posted:

https://fort-friend.com/season/5

This is like those jpgs but better since you can toggle multiple weeks at once and toggle off clutter / completed ones.

E: Some of them are clickable too and lead to youtube vids, which is useful for the hidden tiers that aren't always obvious from just a pin on a map.

This is great. Thanks.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I’m glad Fortnite isn’t a competitive tryhard shooter, and I’m glad it doesn’t have matchmaking.

With 100 people in every match, it’s almost guaranteed that there are people in there that you can absolutely dunk on, people evenly matched to you and people who will absolutely dunk on you.

To me that’s perfect

It would still be possible to do wide tranches and maintain that, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

John Murdoch posted:

A large, large number of my rando squad losses come directly from one of my teammates deciding that if an enemy exists on their screen, they need to shoot them immediately.

It is way more fun to make other people lose than it is to win.