Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

pzy posted:

Have they ever done a mode where you pick your items and start with infinite resources? Not getting the right loot kind of sucks

100 remote rockets launching simultaneously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
I killed a team running up a single 15 ramp high ramp. Lmao this is my favorite kill.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
I bought the carlton. :negative:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

tweet my meat posted:

I finally got my non fluke victory royale. Duo'd up with a guy who definitely carried me a bit, but I was pretty happy with my teamwork and it was definitely a team win rather than me hiding and getting carried.

It's so nice to play with people that use compass number callouts rather than "over there" to indicate positions.

I do this still from time to time and it has mostly involved to me saying we neef to go to a specific spot and nobody else on my team has the map memorized. We don't know where that spot is is frequently yelled at me. Lol

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Beastie posted:

Is it my bad luck or do weapons/crates not really spawn in the little shacks and rundown houses outside of some of the named locations?

Rundown houses can have 1 chest a piece. There are three to the east/soith east of Salty Springs that are good to hit then jump into Salty to take out the last guy standing.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Playing a duo with a friend, we won by hiding under the outcropping at loot lake the entire game.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

MarshyMcFly posted:

I’m getting increasingly frustrated at this game. Not just the fact that it’s all my friends want to play anymore but when I do play with them they blame me for every loss! And now the sheer popularity of it inhibiting my ability to have fun playing this game with these long rear end wait queues to get into either game mode. Is there something I’m not getting about squad mode because everyone keeps telling me I’m not a good enough team player. I know I’m a better player than them because I’ve actually won solo games but that is just helping their argument of “oh your just thinking like a solo player”.

You could have brought this up with us. :weasel:
We all read this thread.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Just won a game by port-a-forting a team as they shot rockets.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
The minigun sucks

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
All the guns suck. Use your pickaxe noobs.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
I only carry c-4 so i can ineffectually try to blow people up.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Nullsmack posted:

I just noticed that battle pass holders for season 3 will get the first 5 battle ranks free when they buy season 4.
I wonder if the goofy comet thing will happen to start season 4.

Somebody dug into the code and found bits that confirm this.

Edit: at least a limited mode called impact which should align with the season 4 release.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Apr 17, 2018

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

socialsecurity posted:

So far it's been full of assholes who troll each other with remote explosives destroying buildings trying to kill their teammates.

The pubbie skurg has been doing this in squads too.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
50v50 pubbies are the worst. You get half you team congregatibg around a 500 vending machine waiting for someone to harvest and try and buy something so they can steal it. Only to watch them wipe themselves out in the storm.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
50vs50 is bad because pubbies jump to tilted no matter what.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Tei posted:

New favorite theory:

The meteor is just another box with loot, but will include future themed weapons/space weapons/melee weapons. Will hit randomnly in the map and attract looters from a wide radio.
Opening the meteor box could unlock random skins/decoration props.

All meteors picked up can be opened after a set time limit. It takes 12 hours to 7 days to open the meteors depending on thw rarity of meteor. You can spend V-Bucks to crack them open instantly. Accounts can only hold 4 meteors at a time.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Ill be saf when the meteors destroy lucky landinh.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

AAB posted:

confirmed that there are random sporadic meteors starting to fall and destroy poo poo around the map

Really? I swore that last night I saw one hit, but just figured I was tired.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Super Rad posted:

Did you even play this game before Tilted? What he's saying is exactly right. I have over 330 wins with a 13% WR so no it's not confidence or skill - Titled sucks because it changed the flow of the game for the worse.

Lmao

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Super Rad posted:

Games goons are the loving worst

Your WR is now 12.9%

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
http://m.ign.com/articles/2018/04/26/epic-moves-ahead-with-its-lawsuit-against-14-year-old-fortnite-cheater

Lmao

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

prom candy posted:

gently caress me am I ever bad at this, I played a little bit like the first week it came out and then didn't touch it again until yesterday and now everyone is some kind of fort savant

Are you on pc? Get those keybinds.

Are you on console? Play squads cause solo tosses you in with the pc players.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Asnorban posted:

Isn’t that opt in / opt out?

Is it? I need to do this.

prom candy posted:

PC. what are the best keybinds? i'm using z/x/c for wall/floor/ramp

Beats me. Im console. Whatwver is comfortable.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Apr 28, 2018

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Evil Fluffy posted:

I'm playing catch-up and just hit rank 100. Can't wait to try and grind this one out in the remaining short time before the season ends. :shepface:

You just need 5 of the 100 tier challenges for that dumb glider

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

santanotreal posted:

Meteors randomly crashing through buildings seems like a dumb gimmick. Am I wrong?

Yes. It rules

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Evil Fluffy posted:

Yeah I vastly overestimated how long it'd take to do them. Sitting at 4 completed right now with 6/10 matches with an elimination, 0/3 top 3 in squads, and 01 for 5+ kills in a match as my last 3 to pick from (going for kills because the 50v50 chaos is fun and easy to find snipe targets). I had two 4 kill 50v50 matches and died like a dummy both times. Both times also had teammates near who could rez but getting revived in 50v50 is rarer than finding a gold scar and rocket launcher in your first house of a match. :sigh:

Are you on ps4?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Sioux posted:

Why do all Fortnite streamers yell "Let's go!" after each kill? It's so annoying. Is it a PUBG thing?

I scream "aaauuuuggghhh cheap rear end glitch shotguns. Cheaters!"

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Evil Fluffy posted:

:toot:

PC usually but I play on PS4 now and then.

Not directly but they'll happily :killdozer: your tower if it's in their way.

Excellent i dont have to offer to help get the squads challenge with my secret technique

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Im the increased headshots and lowered hit boxes of other body parts.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

A Man and his dog posted:

I gotta say the crossbow was complete poo poo.

It really is the best amd only change needed.

and lowering shotgun damage but that wont happen

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

ColHannibal posted:

Can we get 2 new threads now that season 4 launched? I want to split STW off as the game is actually playable now.

Or we could have two threads one about the game and the other about streamers.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

so, has anyone spotted any big changes other than Dusty Divot? I only played a couple matches and a lot of it seemed pretty much the same.

Risky reels and i think 4 smaller craters are around.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

keyframe posted:

I dropped tilted and I was the only one there. It felt really weird and eerie. :ohdear:

I had this happen in a solo one time and the circled closed on tilted. I spent my time destroying the skyscrappers until someone killed. Had about half the place leveled eith exlposives and pickaxe. :zpatriot:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
I got 13 troll llamas and 14 event llamas and made bank!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Ran into a person with the omega costume.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
If you don't have a mic and play online games in TYOOL 2018 you should have your gaming systems seized.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Just play duos. Only 1 person to mute if they are annoying and you can still win the matches.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

FauxLeather posted:

A lot of regular folk that don't put too much thought into the media they consume see cartoony graphics and immediately jump to "THIS GAME MUST BE FOR KIDS".

All videos games are for kids.

I will say that Fortnite is the 1st MP shooter I have enjoyed since BLOOPs

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Gunder posted:

Does Fortnite attempt to do any skill-based matchmaking? If it does, it's loving terrible. Every match I get pitted against nothing but master builder assassins. Where are all the people like me who have never played the game before?

Nope. You juat gwt toased in with 99 build lords.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

i play with a 360 pad because my computer is hooked up to the TV and, given the game has aim assist, it's easier to sit on the couch and shoot mans than hunch forward to my kb/m

there is no voice chat push-to-talk button if you're using a controller, and pressing the keyboard key while using a gamepad to move makes the game start spazzing out and making GBS threads itself (i'm fairly sure using AHK to bind a d-pad direction to it or something would do the same)

How do yoh not have a wireless headset you freak.