Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray
Looking for friends goons to play with and Discord is empty and lame. IGN: Nullunit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray

FauxLeather posted:

The latest Twitch Prime pack just came out. Link your Twitch Prime account to your Epic one and get some meh cosmetics and an emote that absolutely loving whips https://www.twitch.tv/prime/fortnite

The pickaxe is a pretty nice one. The dance is great. And while the skin isn't the best, at least it doesn't have purple poo poo on it like one of the last batch.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
The game now updates challenges in-game as you progress, which is like the most awesome quality of life update ever.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
The battle pass is well worth the money if:

1) You enjoy the Battle Royale game.
2) You enjoy the daily challenges.

You'll get skins, sprays, emotes, dances, and even in-game currency that can be used to buy more things from the shop, save for the next battle pass season, or power level your way through this one.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012

Mongoose posted:

Also I got tomatohead

You fool. You have defeated the final boss and yet know not.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
How is it that people can build two ramp layers with vertical walls connecting them, instantly, as they are running? How is it that people are building 1x1's with ramps and other structures, again instant, without even rotating their character at all? More and more, I am seeing some pretty crazy building going on that just doesn't seem legit.

I have good ping (usually in the 40's), so I doubt that it is lag.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Builder pro definitely isn't what I am seeing.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012

teagone posted:

Are you on console?

No, I am on PC. But on the notion of building some of the things I have seen players building without changing direction at all just doesn't seem legit.

Maybe it's loser's bias on my part? The fact that more of you aren't saying you've seen it too makes me second guess my original idea. I don't know.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Anyone got any of them extra wal-mart spray codes?

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012

tweet my meat posted:

Not sure how I feel about the new map honestly. The old one had so much character and I loved the mishmash of stuff from different seasons. I really gonna miss some of my old favorite drop spots.

At the same time, the old map had become so gimmicky that I welcomed a reset. The new map is honestly wonderful and I am hoping that Epic manages to not turn it into goofy swiss cheese like last season.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Counterpoint: I like pro 100 a whole lot more than sweatybuildercircle.jpeg, where my "team" steals every weapon before I can even load the map that's like 3kb in file size, that's for sure. I got all of the quests done so far except the 10 headshots one because gently caress that game mode, that's why.

Here's a secret to nobody but me probably:
If you stick around long enough in pro 100, everyone will leave except you and someone you might be in voice chat with; at which point you can share kills in a completely sportsmanlike manner. And since punchcard quests are active and tracked in pro 100... you can basically cross out all weapon elimination quests, headshots, etc... for many experiences.

Also a secret to me until right now:

Engineer Lenk posted:

Sometimes it glitches.

That headshot zone wars challenge was super frustrating for me. I finally convinced my kid to go play the map in a private creative instance to finish it off, after being pulverized in pubs for a few hours.

Apple Craft fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Jun 27, 2021

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
I have no idea how to actually do that though. A friend and I tried to do it and it's not working for us.

It just says I cannot use custom matchmaking for this mode.

edit: nvm got it

Apple Craft fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Jun 27, 2021

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
For stupid people like me, I would add that you need to be in a party with your buddy and load into the same hub together, then go through the same portal together in order to find yourself in the same lobby. No custom code/passwords are needed, and actually won't allow this to work if you try.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Remember weekly F-O-R-T-N-I-T-E collections and level-up battlestars hidden in loading screens?
What about the secret skin being both good, and secret, meaning specifically not revealed in the menu?
I miss the map changing in meaningful ways and actually staying changed.
Remember when leakers didn't say poo poo like, "I found this really cool poo poo, guys. but I'm gonna hold back on that info because I don't want to spoil it for you."?
Or goons actually playing this game that is not dead?

Also, Corrupted Scratch is Love. Corrupted Scratch is Life.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012

Too bad this doesn't mean anything.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012

IncredibleIgloo posted:

99 crowned wins out of 146 games is an incredible record!

Not when every game is in a bot lobby, hah.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
The way they have given out season quests has been very strange. Some weeks I get 1 on Mon., Tue, or Wed., then a large batch on Thursday. Other weeks only the large group on Thursday. I think I randomly got one on a Saturday as well.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
I have 50 season quests completed. Is that the same number for you guys?

I'm asking because I had one quest that showed up by itself a couple days ago and is now under the "week 3" category. I'm worried my quests are potentially bugged, since I have completed every season quest as it has been offered and there's no reason a week 3 quest should have just popped up like this.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Good God, this Tones and I thing is the most generic, boring, crap. And they want you to sit through it twice for 55k xp.

interpunct posted:

I'm at 49/50 and others are stuck at that level as well.

Epic is aware of the issue:

Yeah, now I am at 57/60. They have problems like this every season for some reason.

Apple Craft fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Jan 22, 2022

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
The adventures in "wtf is happening with my season quests" continue!

Week 3: Assault Rifle elims continues to show in the list, despite being complete for weeks.

And now...

Week 7: Eliminate IO forces has joined the party and refuses to complete or even progress.
I relogged and this was now gone. It's gremlins I tells ya!

Apple Craft fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Feb 3, 2022

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012

IncredibleIgloo posted:

I know this is going to sound goofy, but I have actually had pretty good luck with the new shotgun from medium to long range. I think it is a hitscan weapon and as long as you can aim well, or have time to aim well, it seems to work out pretty good.

The heavy shotgun is absolutely bonkers and I cannot see it lasting long without a nerf.
You are correct. It is hitscan. It has little to no bullet spread whatsoever. It has less range than an assault rifle, but still bonkers range for a shotty. Fast fire rate and decent reload speed. I love it.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012

Calling it now: Haven is a member of The Seven and The Rock is mad at her for not wearing shoes.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
I am behind pace level (https://www.fortnitexp.net/) to reach 200 and I am confused by it. In past seasons I have been way, way ahead of pace level. I usually reach level 300+.

I have 8 of the milestones fully completed, all season/weekly/resistance quests are complete and I do at least my three daily completions every day. The only thing different this season is the lack of creative afk xp. I am looking at not even reaching lvl 200 at his pace.

Apple Craft fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Apr 26, 2022

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
I'm currently level 81. Still having fun. Game is good.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
I know people got burnt out on the guitar hero/rockband hype train that went on for way too long, but I'm secretly hoping the old (USB compatible) controllers will work with the new music mode. Maybe they'll even release new ones.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
I do not expect, want, or like for them to separate every one of my presets into multiple saved sets that all have to be loaded individually. It defeats the entire purpose of creating a saved preset in the first place.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012

AcidCat posted:

It doesnt feel better on console. If I want the combo of character skin + emotes + wraps that I had previously customized like 30 slots of, I now have to pick a character, then find the saved emotes and select, then find the saved wraps and select. Oh and first Id have to painstakingly name each one so I could easily find what goes with what. All of which was accomplished with one click before. Its absurd.

I completely agree, and I have over double the presets you mentioned. It's terrible. I'm not as attached as some, because I just don't switch when all I really want to do is play. However, I keep seeing people saying they don't want to play at all anymore because of this. If that's true, the changes are hurting the product.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
There are definitely bots in ranked matches. I just got a victory royale with 12 kills... and I am not good at all.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

how do you capture the train even, ive landed on it from the bus before and its always empty

I would like to know this as well. The train is always empty. Just some loot boxes at one end of certain sections with nothing else to interact with or even the NPCs from the trailer.

edit-and I was definitely the 1st and only one to land on it at the start of a few different matches.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012

InsertPotPun posted:

the train is great for glitches. killing fools and watching their stuff sliiiiiiide out of the train is hilarious. also i love jumping the bike up into it because bike on a train!

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012

AcidCat posted:

Stuff like auto sorting stacks, crafting drawing from stored items not just your backpack, etc. Two, let me destroy tools, the area around my settlement is littered with white pickaxes because you can only drop not destroy. The alternative, using till they break is not feasible, just too many

Yes please. I don't know what the merge button is supposed to do, but it certainly doesn't combine stacks of like items as I thought it would. We need that feature pretty badly. Enemy mobs drop items constantly that clutter the map.
In minecraft, before they added deleting items, the old trick was to dig a deep (3-4 blocks) hole and put a trap door on top of it as a lid. You could simply chuck your trash in the hole and close the lid, and the depth of the hole would prevent the items from being picked up again... or throw the poo poo in lava. We can't even do that.

Each of these new modes have little things going on that make it seem like it was rushed out the door a little early.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

I've been completely sucked in by Lego Fortnite. I haven't even played BR since it came out.

Out of the three new modes, the Lego Fortnite crossover has the potential to be a massively successful money maker. It could even rival FortniteBR itself. I fully expect everything from that mode to become real Lego playsets and, between that and whatever they put in the eshop, Epic Games and The Lego Group/Kirkbi are going to make Scrooge McDuck's jaw drop.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012

GigaPeon posted:

Does Lego mode get more Lego-y? Seems weird you can put down individual bricks or anything.

I believe you can, maybe. The blueprints are for specific, pre-defined structures. There is also a section with generic building blocks. I have not tried using them yet, but I had assumed they were for freeform building.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
I have deleted all my presets and am only using whatever random default skins get applied to me every game. I'm still on the fence about cancelling my crew sub as well. I'm not going to show off anything to other players, which encourages them to spend money, while Epic has made using and enjoying the things I have spent real money on so difficult.

Also it makes me sad that cosmetics from other games that I already own are being "awarded" to me multiple times... like sprays when the league started, then also as a part of the pass and in 4000 v-buck bundles with no discount applied. Or how about the butter barn song and og remix taking up slots in the festival pass.

It's all a blatant money grab and I know there's a <0% chance it amounts to anything, but there's nothing else I can do. Maybe if they think the locker UI is costing them money they will fix it, because the shop would have been fixed within hours.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
At some point you can make a glider that you can use when jumping off of high places. I have only seen it in streamer videos, not made one myself. Also there are rocket thrusters you can make, but that screams Kerbal levels of tomfoolery. Can't have tomfoolery.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
I saw that fortnite devs posted (can't link it at the moment, sorry) that was a mistake and will be corrected later. Getting to gold 2 was not intended for the quest, and let me tell you, not advised to try at this point. Tons of trolls and you can lose significant progress when you place low.

https://twitter.com/RR_Status/status/1733288963358736547

Apple Craft fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Dec 11, 2023

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
In Lego Fortnite, you can repair items by putting them into a chest and then punching said chest 3 times, breaking it. The items drop fully repaired. Enjoy it while it lasts!

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
I occasionally see cars just disappear when there's a poo poo ton all bunched up in a turn. Figured it was desync.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
I play festival with my keyboard like in the old days with Frets on Fire. I'm used to it and it works well for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012

KingShiro posted:

Rocket racing skin unlocked for me today, still at gold 1.

Same, although I did have to start a new race for it to trigger (I already had raced once after reaching gold 1 days ago).

The UI makes the Winterfest stuff confusing. I didn't even realize there was a LTM map for about an hour.