Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Neon Belly posted:

Couldn't you just buy a USB hub for :10bux:?

Effort

No, but I should. I only recently did a quick Amazon search, and found some complaints that the ps4 headset receiver would get interference :(

Probably cheap hubs tho.. I'm open for recommendations! I got a lot of Amazon gift cards leftover from the holidays

el B fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Jul 6, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

wa27 posted:

It's kind of a moot point in this game since it has native KB+M support.

Tru dat

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Fritzler posted:

Agreed on that emote. Love the dance/music. I'll add you when I get home tonight. Bummed I can't play with Johnny Truant though. That PS4 lock out is so aggravating.

:argh: Sonyyyyyyyyyyy :argh:

Wouldn't using a XIM for mouse and keyboard, along with the autoaim really help out? I have no idea about these things :shrug:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

XIM is kind of cheating because you get most of the advantage of KB+M and you also get autoaim because the console sees the XIM as a dualshock

Straight KB+M on PC and PS4 does not give you autoaim

That being said I have really big stick extensions on my Switch and it helps a ton

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Xim isn't a perfect 1:1 ratio of mouse/analog movement. Most console games don't give you the option to turn off aim assist, so the smart translators are made with this in mind. I tried turning off aim assist, but it loving blows. Probably to do with accelerated ramping...?

I dunno, these conversations tend to upset people so I'll just let people make their own decisions.

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
Epic are up to some bullshit https://twitter.com/selashiloni/status/1015261416024993792

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

something has gone wrong

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Yesssssss, got The Visitor skin, now all I need is the Shooting Star contrail(I'm only 1 level away from it :bubblewoop:) and I can be happy with this season.

Still gonna try for the Groove Jam, but you can purchase that one, can't you?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The fortnite reddit has been speculating on a desert map for a long time now

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Johnny Truant posted:

Yesssssss, got The Visitor skin, now all I need is the Shooting Star contrail(I'm only 1 level away from it :bubblewoop:) and I can be happy with this season.

Still gonna try for the Groove Jam, but you can purchase that one, can't you?

You can buy battle pass tiers with V-Bucks but skins and emotes in the Battle Pass aren't sold on their own in the store, no.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I'll be pleasantly surprised if there's a new map...

Captain Morose
Jun 20, 2005
I'm really excited for the new season in general. This was the first time I've played all the to tier 100 and I finally feel like I'm starting to really get the hang of things. Still cant win a build fight for poo poo, but maybe once I reprogram my brain to play builder pro. Weirdly it's the swapping of inventory and map buttons that were giving me hell with that one. I apparently check the map a ton while running, and I'm constantly opening the inventory by accident hitting dpad up.

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

el B posted:

Effort

No, but I should. I only recently did a quick Amazon search, and found some complaints that the ps4 headset receiver would get interference :(

Probably cheap hubs tho.. I'm open for recommendations! I got a lot of Amazon gift cards leftover from the holidays

I use a 25 dollar 4 port USB hub from target, haven’t gotten any interference.

Edit - this:
https://www.amazon.com/Targus-4-Por...cpPL&ref=plSrch

Bettyspagh3tt1 fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Jul 7, 2018

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
That's why I need Betty on my team

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

The fortnite reddit has been speculating on a desert map for a long time now

To be fair, StW got their new biome announced 2 months ago. It's only logical that they'd use it in BR as well.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Desert areas can be hard on the eyes, too much light. I prefer green maps. I think they say no to a second map, so I don't think we will get a desert map. More like a mix of biomes in the same map.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Tei posted:

Desert areas can be hard on the eyes, too much light. I prefer green maps. I think they say no to a second map, so I don't think we will get a desert map. More like a mix of biomes in the same map.

Their FAQ (which hasn't been updated in ages) says they have plans for additional BR maps but want to concentrate on adding more points of interest to the main map first. Don't know if that's still the plan

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
There are enough grey and brown games on the market

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

prom candy posted:

There are enough grey and brown games on the market

They just have to make it bright yellow and jolly, with cartoonish dunes and oases and it'll be perfectly fine. No need to make it like PUBG's map, colour of which is most aptly described as "3 hours ago vomited out carrot smoothie".

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Yeah I like the lush colorful map of Fortnite. Desert maps are all basically “desaturated Quake 1”, which is a terrible aesthetic.

If they do a desert map, I want them to do it like Mario Odyssey did it

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

There is an anchor that appeared somewhere on the map a day or so ago and a Olde Times Carriage Car that's supposed to pop up soonish too. A lot of the early assets are mostly purple, brown and a lot of yellows for the beach or desert areas

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Tei posted:

(ignore the big black buildings, PvE only stuff)

This is what you could generally expect aesthetics wise, if they were to go with a desert biome (maybe only part of the map, like 1/3 or 1/4?).

I think it looks amazing, I'm incredibly light sensitive and I don't really get bothered by it. Then again you're not really often in this area in PvE. Probably 10 hours at most for me, total.

Edit: the third one is my own, I've hacked away all the plants for vision already there (can't reset this map). You'd see them like in picture 1/2.

It would definitely need a lot more plants/trees though, I hate the desert map in PUBG and it's almost all because of lack of cover. Which doesn't matter as much in Fortnite, but it'd still look way too empty otherwise.

Seditiar fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Jul 7, 2018

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010
I am trying to play fortnite on switch, when it first came out I had no issues but for the past week as soon as I get into the game it says 'the software closed because an error occured' is there a fix for this??

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Seditiar posted:

(ignore the big black buildings, PvE only stuff)

This is what you could generally expect aesthetics wise, if they were to go with a desert biome (maybe only part of the map, like 1/3 or 1/4?).

I think it looks amazing, I'm incredibly light sensitive and I don't really get bothered by it. Then again you're not really often in this area in PvE. Probably 10 hours at most for me, total.

Edit: the third one is my own, I've hacked away all the plants for vision already there (can't reset this map). You'd see them like in picture 1/2.

It would definitely need a lot more plants/trees though, I hate the desert map in PUBG and it's almost all because of lack of cover. Which doesn't matter as much in Fortnite, but it'd still look way too empty otherwise.

Thanks for grabbing these - Worth showing that there is a desert biome in the works!
I expect they're going to release it with the big Canny Valley update - probably tying it all in with the new BR season/map and all else.

There's no saying they cant transition to more vegetated areas - oases, river valleys, plains and pastures - it's an aesthetic they can play with. From the Canny Storm Shield area, they already have the makings of a nice run-down mining-towns and derelict farms that would be delightful, especially if they aren't afraid of making more vertical and convoluted play areas (like Shifty Shafts but more pronounced).

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

nerd_of_prey posted:

I am trying to play fortnite on switch, when it first came out I had no issues but for the past week as soon as I get into the game it says 'the software closed because an error occured' is there a fix for this??

Maybe delete it and redownload it? Reboot your switch first though, sometimes games have wonky things that get fixed with a reboot.

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Maybe delete it and redownload it? Reboot your switch first though, sometimes games have wonky things that get fixed with a reboot.

Yeah did a hard restart now trying to download

Update: deleted fortnite Bd redownloaded still closing with an error message

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Hmm, maybe post on the epic forums? Maybe someone has seen it

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Hmm, maybe post on the epic forums? Maybe someone has seen it

I did a quick Google and there are definitely others affected by this error since the update but I can't find people saying what fixed it!

Update: I unlinked my epic account from my switch and made a new epic account and thats working fine, so there must have been an issue with my epic account?

nerd_of_prey fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Jul 7, 2018

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

el B posted:

That's why I need Betty on my team

I got you bebe

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

for y'all who didn't see there's a pretty cool ARG going on. people decoded some coordinates from audio files that played during the missle launch and some of the disappearing items in Fortnite have appeared in real life. here's the burger from Greasy in the middle of the California desert, full-sized lol

https://mobile.twitter.com/selashiloni/status/1015261416024993792

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Has anyone confirmed that the thing is actually there irl? Kinda looks like AR to me. Still really clever.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

prom candy posted:

Has anyone confirmed that the thing is actually there irl? Kinda looks like AR to me. Still really clever.

Yes, old man. There have been thousands of people there since then.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

prom candy posted:

Yeah and there was somebody who presumably worked for Epic there dressed as a secret agent handing out business cards with a number to call that leads to another encrypted audio message, and that's as far as th subreddit boys have gotten right now. There's a thread stickied at the top of R/FortniteBR/ if you want to follow along

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Oh neat

Mongoose
Jul 7, 2005
It's been a good first season for me. Learned about the game and went crazy watching streams just as the season released. With E3 and the switch announcement I got in game and had a blast. Poopsocked it to level 71 / battle pass 100--no lights for my omega but I can't complain with the limited play time. Also I got tomatohead, noir detective and some silly emotes like eagle and true heart, so that's fun.

I can't wait to get in on opening day for the new season / battlepass. Definitely going to earn the last tier equipment this time.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Playing on Xbox and would rather some allies. Sand user name. I'm trying to learn I promise

stuxracer
May 4, 2006

Managed to reach TP after getting backing I StW again. Was fun dumping 280ish skill points all at once.
Nice to not have the turret be all you need for defense again too. I’ve really started enjoying making trap tunnels that grind mobs out and push out the big ones that need an extra pass or two.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Hmm, a carriage has appeared.

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray

Mongoose posted:

Also I got tomatohead

You fool. You have defeated the final boss and yet know not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

stuxracer posted:

Managed to reach TP after getting backing I StW again. Was fun dumping 280ish skill points all at once.
Nice to not have the turret be all you need for defense again too. I’ve really started enjoying making trap tunnels that grind mobs out and push out the big ones that need an extra pass or two.

Welcome to Twine. FYI, people don't build a lot here once you get out of the CV extension zone. I haven't seen people build traps outside of 4-player maps in weeks. :v: