Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
The Transformers canon is a lot of fun. Just blowing the poo poo out of buildings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Is there a good place to look at the difference in the weapons? I just started playing and I don't get the difference between say the SMG and the Submachine Gun or the Assault Rifle and Flapjack Rifle or whatever.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

parasyte posted:

there's a wiki that does include objective stuff (damage by rarity, fire rate, reload) but doesn't have any numbers on spread/bloom.

like the submachine gun vs combat smg you can see in the wiki entries
https://fortnite.fandom.com/wiki/Submachine_Gun
https://fortnite.fandom.com/wiki/Combat_SMG

Combat SMG does 1 more damage at each rarity, has 2 more bullets in its magazine, and fires 12 rounds per second compared to the Submachine Gun's 11. However the reload time is roughly 0.3 seconds slower than the submachine gun, and there's much more recoil. I don't know offhand how the bloom works between the two.

To clarify for anyone who might not know, recoil affects where your cursor is positioned. Bloom is a cone starting from your center point centered on your aim, and a shot will randomly shoot through one point in that cone; the cone size goes up (blooms) as you continue firing and the amount of that is different for each gun. Some guns (mostly rifles and pistols) have first-shot accuracy, which means if you are standing still long enough without shooting, the first shot will not be affected by bloom and instead is perfectly aligned with your aim.

Very informative, thanks!

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

parasyte posted:

The right way to play is apparently camping bushes in ranked 24/7 until you hit Unreal
https://twitter.com/AussieAntics/status/1669476555079434241

There's no cowardice in hiding!

Also Ranked is now gone as of today. Does anyone know if it's coming back soon? I want my Silver II purgatory to continue.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

parasyte posted:

For some reason ranked set the servers on fire this update for reasons only Epic can know. It'll be back, probably. Eventually.

It's back! if case anyone was sad like me.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Bender's raygun owns and is perfect for people who can't aim like myself. I'm gonna be sad when it goes away.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

There are a LOT of toys to play with in this one. Hard deciding what to keep. The rocket launcher thing owns. It's like you're Iron Man or something.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Scuba Trooper posted:

the ram rocket is so much fun. the briefcase turret is powerful in a tight spot; i could see it getting a nerf (i do not want it to)

I haven't been able to try it yet but I have high hopes for it improving my "hide in a bathroom" game play style.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

the unabonger posted:

I love playing no builds with only the most out of touch old people.

I'm living in Ranked solo zero build until they take it away Monday.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

KingShiro posted:

Epic does nerf XP maps if they enter their radar. UEFN maps might still be broken, but regular ones have been paying out fine (the ones I have bookmarked, anyway)

3190-3555-5468

This bot BR map was broken for weeks but recently back to paying out [3k per bot kill and 8k for storm phase survival). Not the quickest map I have but it’s pretty chill and don’t have to memorize 12 different xp buttons to hit.

Thanks for this map! I just checked it out and jumped a couple stages after one round. Owns.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Andrigaar posted:

I still think the current map was planned out months ago with the mobility of the 3-slash katana in mind for scaling all of the stupid slopes and vertical walls that the storm circle pushes up against. That thing just made getting around the world fluid.

Also the speed of the storm circle still feels out of pace with the mobility options and terrain for me personally, so I play a lot less. The witch's broom is nice for this at least.

I wish the burglary mansions weren't on the edges of the map. You basically get one shot with them when the game starts and then they're lost to the storm before you can get to another one or even super load up to try one. Or maybe I just suck.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I wonder if they could make a Carl from ATHF skin that could exude how pissed he was to be there.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Mr Hootington posted:

Fortnite hit a new peak of 6.2 million concurrent players.

Isn't that a ludicrously high amount of people?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I seem to be a lot worse this time around. Maybe it's because I don't know a lot of stuff yet.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

lol have I just not watched Family Guy recent enough or did they get a Seth MacFarlane impersonator for that?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I know we have some Fortnite workers here and just want to give you my condolences on trying to keep two brand new things up and running along with the other stuff. Seems like it'd be a bitch!

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Adhemar posted:

Thanks. We’re launching another one tomorrow…

What a preposterous week for you guys.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

So is Rocket League brand new or did Fortnite just incorporate it? Seems pretty good for an add on game on Fortnite.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Mr Hootington posted:

The racing is new, but epic owned rocket league the car soccer game.

Ah I knew I had heard of it somewhere. I tried that and it kinda sucked. This is better.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

repiv posted:

krampus is there, or at least he was yesterday when i did the quest

I've tried twice to do the quest. I have the snowman costume on and I'm right there next to him but nothing happens. :(

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Shinjobi posted:

You have to throw the snowman down and then separately hide into it.

You can't throw it down on yourself

Groovy, I guess that's why it wasn't triggering for me. Yay! Got it now.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Dawgstar posted:

I got my first crown in No Build BR. :unsmith:

Congrats!

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Yon posted:

I'm probably not good enough at the game for the weird glitches in racing to actually matter as much to my experience, but what I HAVE noticed is that wow, the quest completion just, doesn't work very well. Some of them seem entirely arbitrary on whether completing the objective counts or not, and some of them are maybe too generous. I can't help but think that the quest to pass other cars while turboing probably isn't meant to be immediately cleared by the boost you get at the start of the race.

I never know what quest popped because I can't take my eyes off the track to check the blue box pop-up. I'm not a very good driver.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Mr Hootington posted:

New songs being added Thursday

It'll be cool playing the song from Riverdale.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

How are you guys getting entire levels by idling in Lego and Festival? I don't see any of those types of quests available.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

repiv posted:

it's not tied to quests, you just get a chunk of XP at regular intervals while playing/idling them

Oh, cool. Thanks.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Abroham Lincoln posted:

iirc it's every 15 minutes for 3 hours each. Legalized idling :v:

Do you idle in the jam stage area or in the main stage lobby?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Dawgstar posted:

Jam Stage. Just pick a track and an instrument and let it sit for half an hour. Today, I did my laundry while waiting.

Sweet

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Apple Craft posted:

Where did you see this info.? I have not been able to verify.

edit: I'm definitely still gaining xp from being AFK in Jam Stage. There is a limit per day.

Same. I was idling in jam stage right now and rushed back to see if I had gotten xp. lol I did!

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Everyone is going to have enough stars to immediately unlock everything by the time they give us the last rows of rewards.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Mr Hootington posted:

$20 car skins...

I mean this is one of the bigger temptations I've ran across on Fortnite... but no.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Extended downtown of an additional entire workday. Welp for the fortnite backenders.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

By the time the servers come up the kids will be home and those servers are gonna be jammed.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Maybe they ran out of bullets and Fortnite is canceled.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

drat, i guess we really shouldn't have broken open that box thing.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

oh no buying the battle pass is erroring out. god help the tech guys right now.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

InsertPotPun posted:

the wings make me want an offline fortnite. just a big map to wander and gently caress up bots with different items.

i love stealing cars. so many times i've had my car shot up, so i turn around and drive towards some guy who hides and prepares to fight...only to have me steal their car and drive off laughing.

i just played a game where i winged out of the storm, into the car with someone, healed myself in their car as they drove, they panicked and jumped to a different seat so i jumped into the driver's seat, and we just drove for a bit until i found them another car they could take. then i just drove off honking a goodbye.
later i saved them from an enemy who was behind them and they killed me with lightning to win the game.
sometimes the real fortnite is the not quite enemies we made along the way.

A couple times I've been in a car and someone else has jumped in the passenger seat and then attempt to shoot me as I'm driving so I speed up and jump out right before the car and the other guy go sailing over a cliff and it might be the most fun I've ever had in my life.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Nash posted:

I teach in a small midwestern high school and my 200 or so kids listen to either country music or YouTube rappers I have never heard of. I doubt most of them have heard of Kansas so I agree with your statement. Most of the music I like and listen to during homeroom they hate.

do the kids still love supernatural repeats? because if so they love kansas.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

What's happening with Fall Guys?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Wow so everything is back, huh? Bending, mythics, and SW weapons. Chaos!