Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
so is anyone even still playing the coop survival thing that it started as? Is that even in the game anymore

I literally haven't touched this game and all I hear about is f2p BR so what's going on with the classic fortnite stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Rexxed posted:

Yeah Save the World is still in and they've done a lot of good QoL improvements to it. They just haven't done anything for the main plot quest stuff in forever so if you make it to Canny Valley or Twine peaks it's just a quest chain with no narration and has been for months and months. I play a bit almost every day but mainly to do daily quests and the events which have new stuff every couple of weeks.

edit: the worst part about StW is a bunch of BR players coming over and spamming global chat looking to "trade" for guns which is just code for trying to steal stuff. They don't seem to understand that you get everything you need by playing the game and that there's no "SCAR" in StW but keep begging for it for some reason.

what's the ratio like of STW to BR these days

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I dont really play, can someone explain how he busted the ramp?

https://www.polygon.com/fortnite/2018/6/30/17521556/fortnite-new-solo-kills-record-missile-launch

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Question from a non player: did they ever segregate mouse/keyboard and controller players? Come to think of it, is this even an issue specific to fortnite since ps4 does native kbm? I cant think of many crossplat games except rocket league and that's xbox/switch/pc only iirc

but you can do xbox kbm through some roundabout way iirc

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I know it's hard to gather data beyond anecdotes and speculation but has there been a noticeable ownage disparity between kbm and controller/pc and console etc

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

question about rocket riding: I haven't seen any videos of it but could two people fire rockets at each other and ride them? If so could two players remote control each other while riding each other's rockets?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I mean nothing was stoppnig anyone from making Facing Worlds UT in UE5. What I'm trying to say is someone make Facing Worlds UT in UE5

also lol that they name dropped Travis Scott at the GDC keynote instead of quietly sweeping that under the rug

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Hrist posted:

I saw something on aother forum last night about how they're planning on adding a(n optional) pay to play service for the new creator stuff too. In a way that you would have to pay 100+ v-bucks to play a stage that is "helping the creator recoup the cost" they put into it :nallears:

wait can you actually exchange vbuxx and robucks for money