Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

dorium posted:

I think its for the first 5 levels iirc, but its more heavily slanted to bots than people and after you cross that threshold it becomes more people than bots.

As a newbie this has blown my mind 😬 I thought I was just lucky

I'm level 16 in this chapter - please tell me it's all humans. I just took out 7 people with the katana last round... Don't take that way from me...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

My loadout has been

Assault rifle
SMG or sniper or some sort
Shotgun
Katana
Healing thingy

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Thanks folks! Bit naive of me to think it's all real people, I suppose

Will work on identifying the bots!

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

I'm sure everyone is thinking the same thing, but I'm loving the katana for just getting the gently caress out of somewhere

Especially if I've been dicking about trying to kill someone and suddenly find myself in the storm and need to move quickly

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

I've killed a fair few people with it, but honestly, it's just me shutting my eyes and mashing L and R in a panic until a house is destroyed and one of us is dead

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Is that Atlas OG map playable now? I know it was buggy as gently caress initially

(I'm somewhere with no access to Fortnite or I'd check myself!)

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Thank you! Was hoping to try it out tomorrow when I'm back, but guess I'll need to wait

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Lemon King posted:

I've figured out how to run DX12 with Hardware Lumen with Raytracing without any performance loss on my end using some undocumented Async Compute ini tags.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eETTPQGfy9I

Well, don't I feel lovely playing on the switch / iPad...

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

First thing I do is hire the closest one of I have the bars

They're really handy

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

I've found the people that do that early in the game are trash, and easy pickings

Late in the game, I think it's more if an advantage than not

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

My #1 drop spot is that wee island south of mega city

At least 1 decent gun, katana, hang about a few mins and hopefully get a the key augment then a proper gun

Has anyone tried farming that creator Lantern island thing? It's dog poo poo, I dunno why it's being promoted so heavily

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

See, I'm still pretty new to all this so expected something a bit better, and more polished

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Is there a current discord for this? Would be good to play with some goons..

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

KingShiro posted:

Still zero solo wins, I think the game stopped giving me mercy wins every 30 losses.

I keep getting in the top 3, with between 7 and 10 kills, but am really struggling with the last 2 people each time

Only 2 victory royales this season

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Added! I'm in the UK at it might line up?

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Ok I have no loving clue what I'm doing . But let's try this

https://discord.gg/aWsRrxM2

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

11 elims and second place - loving BASTARD

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

I play Battle Royale, but don't build myself

I find 2 things:

When people frantically try and build to defend themselves, I can pretty often just take them out while they're loving about

If you spot a firefight with 2 peeps who like building, you can easily sneak up and get them both. Again, while they're loving about

Basically, building is just loving about

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Story stuff is working on for me on the switch, fwiw

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

dorium posted:

I run into every fire fight i see.

I absolutely try not to. But as soon as it kicks off I can't help it. There's something wrong with me

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

RodShaft posted:

Me in every match "there's fire to the northwest. Should we go? I'm already halfway there. poo poo I'm knocked. Nevermind. I got em. There's fire to the south, should we go? I'm already there. I didn't heal up so I'm gonna need you to rez me in a second. Nevermind I'm fine. There's fire to the west. I'm going in. I forgot to reload so I'm dead for real this time."

Can confirm :)

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Blorknorg posted:

Wow, get your attack on titan gear kills asap people because that poo poo is going to get nerfed hard. You jump around in a more horizontal way than the web swinging, but the attack is like that katana attack but you target it and then jump back. It's ludicrously overpowered as it is.

Edit: Thought it might be helpful for people to avoid youtube traps etc for this since it's not just map marked, and Anvil Square is an apocalyptic warzone due to it being the best place for titan gear to be reliably found. The actual basement has just been an untextured graveyard the last two games I've played because people just pump bombs into it.

Here's the location (spoilered):

Thanks, just found it thanks to your pic and was killed the second I got the achievement 😆

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

This new katana can gently caress right off with it's 2 dashes

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

I have that little skelly pig

Glad I'm in good company spending v bucks on him

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

I've posted in the Discord but mentioning here too - as I'm excited I've got my mic working..

Am on for the next hour

InfiniteJest2020

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

My Malcolm Tucker Fortnite dreams hopefully coming true

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

The locked on pistol is absolutely wild, I'm killing too many people with it

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Shinjobi posted:

you can always enjoy the KID LAROI EXPERIENCE

DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS PERSON

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Some info:

Costs 1000 Vbucks 

Free track has 1 skin, paid one has 4 skins including Darth Maul. Paid track skins will come to the shop later for "higher price" 

2650 Vbucks (1000 + 1650 to level up) if you don't want (or don't have time) to do the quests 

Only available until May 23

(Stolen from Reddit)

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Fancy Hat! posted:

I haven't played much but I still haven't finished the Eren quests becuase finding the 3D Movement Gear and then hitting the targets around the map is... really rare.

But honestly if I miss out on Eren's stuff I won't really be too upset. Possibly the most mid character they could have put in the pass.

They always have ODM great upstairs here:

Amphigory posted:

My #1 drop spot is that wee island south of mega city

At least 1 decent gun, katana, hang about a few mins and hopefully get a the key augment then a proper gun

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Just a reminder we have the new discord if you need to fill out your squad with goons 😁

https://discord.gg/NuZUt4jn

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Overbite posted:

They should put a war hammer 40k man in this

This is great idea, so of course Games Workshop will never do it

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

You're among friends, no judgment here - a kill is a kill 😁

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

MajorBonnet posted:

I hope we don't have to wait too long for new mobility items. I already miss zipping across the map.

Yup, I am so with you

The storm is a lot scarier now

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

I do not like the new guns but I'm sure I'll get used to them

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Very cool, mate :)

In this instance we can probably forgive your cringe...

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

This might be too personal a question, do feel free to ignore - but how did you get into such a cool and niche job?

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Rick Sanchez posted:

A combination of luck and skills. Knowing someone who helped me get my foot in the door and having the right skillset when a particular role opened up.

Sorry to be so vague.

No, it's all good. Thank you for answering!

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

Wow come check out this nuclear psycho ape mutation! Clink the link below!

A lotta yall still dont get it. Nike holders can use multiple slurp juices on a single Nike. So if you have 1 Fortnite Nike and 3 slurp juices you can create 3 new Nikes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Totally agree

And no mobility means your have to swim between the bridge ends, like a dog :(