Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

how's the gyro on switch? or is the performance poor enough I should be attempting this on series x and/or PC

I got skins from DC comics and an itch to use them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

matryx posted:

Re: Gyro question btw - I loved it when it came out, then I realised it totally disables autoaim when you're using it, so as soon as someone jumps over you, you're boned. Switched it off immediately afterwards because it's nice, but the benefit you get is outweighed by PC player mobility.

That doesn't surprise me but it does dampen my enthusiasm

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

How's the matchmaking work for platforms? Like, if I'm using Game Pass cloud on my phone, am I matched with mobile players or am I in the xbox pool?

also got my first victory royale in my second ever match :toot: (on switch lite, lmao; take that, bots) and then lost the crown at #59 to a Deadpool (this time on xbox)

vvv edit vvv thanks! interesting that switch doesn't get lumped in with the other consoles. and good thing I got a phone controller for christmas

Scuba Trooper fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Jan 27, 2023

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

this game has its hooks in me and i genuinely did not expect it to. dolly dress-up? points for just dicking around? stupid taunts? sign me up. i even snagged save the world

good to know about bot lobbies; i typically play on xbox, but i can team up with a switch account and knock out the more onerous challenges. is the discord in the op still the go-to for groups?

anyway, i am a simple creature and watching the joker play the saxophone makes me smile. thanks fortnite and thanks for reading this post

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

is the issue me actually winning games

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

am I right to be offended when someone spray paints me are they using it like air freshener ARE THEY SAYING MY OUTFIT STINKS?!

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I like to run two shotguns because I hate aiming

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I absolutely got a win lately because someone kept whiffing sword dashes AND I had the pulse rifle

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

You can track the quest for waypoints, too, which is helpful for remembering if you've hired one or not. But yeah the medic rules and knowing where they are all the time is smart

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Amphigory posted:

I keep getting in the top 3, with between 7 and 10 kills, but am really struggling with the last 2 people each time

Only 2 victory royales this season

oh yeah i feel this

my favorite #3 so far was getting outgunned, then the grenade buddy avenged my death and some dude hiding in a corner got the crown by default

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

for sure, i've had some nailbiters lately.

Amphigory posted:

Is there a current discord for this? Would be good to play with some goons..

same, but i work weird hours so i usually play mornings PST. (feel free to add Emo Szyslak on epic and/or xbox)

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

sweatiest match of my life: ten kills, most of which were back-to-back at the end as dudes tried to pick me off after fights in the last circles, then a hairy duel at the end

got that crown tho :toot:

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

discount cathouse posted:

Been getting into Zero Build which is ideal for me because I am not great at shooters and the Skill floor is low. This is the most fun I've had shooting since early team Fortress 2 days.

oh yeah, I know they’re entirely different games, but this really scratches my tf2 itch. Probably cause hats

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

The grenade dude rules because he tosses out like three at a time.

I’m getting pickier about where I land. I like the bastion but there’s for sure better spots

Also I need more comic book skins where the hell are the DC ones

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Mr Hootington posted:

The good dc skins were battlepass. :cry:

Edit: all the dc shop items last appeared 254 days ago. About due for them to come back. Unless they are like the Ghostbusters set

it's wild they have Bloodsport but not Peacemaker, who even has prime material for an emote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVN83R-JwRQ

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Adding a blue katana that drops from glowing purple stands seems mean imo

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

successfully roped a friend into this and got another on deck :evilbuddy:

gooble gobble gooble gobble

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Yeah they’re back; I spotted one in the stables of Anvil Square while questing around

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Spooky Smalls is NOT in the bundles and YES i am buying him anyway

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

i recently strongarmed my friend, who loves RE4, into playing but he just missed the leon skin, so i'm thinking of getting him the STARS team skins as a consolation prize

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

true but he's one of those guys who buys RE4 on any and every platform. idk if he has such passion for any other residents evil

edit: he should. the jill skin is good

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I demand weirdo obscure bounty hunter skins give me Zuckuss or go to hell

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

If we get Chewie we need the crossbow

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Yeah the sniper perk is so specific that it seems fair. It's not like the medium ammo clip + DMR on top of every other assault rifle

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Fancy Hat! posted:

I haven't played much but I still haven't finished the Eren quests becuase finding the 3D Movement Gear and then hitting the targets around the map is... really rare.

But honestly if I miss out on Eren's stuff I won't really be too upset. Possibly the most mid character they could have put in the pass.

I lucked out with drops and circles the other day and finally knocked that one out. Now I just have to land thunder spears to get a skin I’ll probably never use

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

The vault bosses no longer count :(

edit: I'm probably wrong about this; I think I was just dinging them with explosions and it needs to be a direct hit

Scuba Trooper fucked around with this message at 19:19 on May 5, 2023

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Im bad about forgetting to emote. I have so many but never pop them. Should’ve today when I won a firefight with 1 hp

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

umbrella's a goodun for sure. the DMR is still around, thank god

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

the ram rocket is so much fun. the briefcase turret is powerful in a tight spot; i could see it getting a nerf (i do not want it to)

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

i'd go back to the swingin sixties, baby, yeah!!!

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

The jungle is absolutely a trap

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Dracula Appraiser posted:

:yossame:

Also, while I'm here, my next deranged demand for a collab is that they should do Johnny Quest. Think about it. Way out of date. Guns are already in-universe. Probably cheap to negotiate. It could be good.

edit: god, what an awful page snipe

Mr Hootington posted:

Now is the time to drop Doc and Marty

VENTURE BROS SKINS WHEN

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Caidin posted:

You'll get a Tom Goes to the Mayor skin and LIKE IT.

I would, 100%

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

there's like no cover for zero build. i was popping (and getting popped) from miles away

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Mr Hootington posted:

Post the email

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Shinjobi posted:

Give me a nude tayne skin, fortnite. Put the kids to bed.

:hmmyes:

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Mr Hootington posted:

No, thank you and make sure to use my creator code.

what is it? You're my source for this stuff too

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

it's the game that keeps on giving

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

My god.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006