Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
ADMIT YOUR CRIMES, i type uncontrollably as i shake with rage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

logikv9 posted:

I'm sorry your Masters in Post Interpretation hasn't yielded much in terms of paying back your student loans, but doubling down on being wrong won't help.
The obvious interpretation of the first is that guns arent relevant as weapons of war, and the obvious interpretation of the second is that 'everyone' will be mute witnesses.

But you're too proud to ever admit fault, and so have resorted to pulling poo poo out of your rear end, to save face. You cannot admit I'm right, and denied that acknowledgement which should have rightfully been granted, to me, from you.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

rudatron is not going to shoot a nazi

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

rudatron posted:

The obvious interpretation of the first is that guns arent relevant as weapons of war, and the obvious interpretation of the second is that 'everyone' will be mute witnesses.

But you're too proud to ever admit fault, and so have resorted to pulling poo poo out of your rear end, to save face. You cannot admit I'm right, and denied that acknowledgement which should have rightfully been granted, to me, from you.

the last sentence is too long for a thread title, can you reword it to something shorter tia

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

logikv9 posted:

the first post mocks maga chuds who plot to overthrow the government while doing army cosplay in the woods

the second post refers to "all of us" as in all of us posters who post non-stop on a comedy forum instead of doing something RL

sometimes what you're looking for isn't there, sorry to tell you this

logikv9 posted:

it's a joke about how he is attacking me on things i've never said hth

my seven-layers-of-irony days died with LF which is probably for the best, and i don't post much except in mercifully brief spurts which is also probably for the best. if that's not what you believe, then what do you actually believe? all i have to go on is the words you say and the conclusions that result from the words you say. if what you're saying is bullshit then that explains a bit, and its fine. i get that you're in favor of more gun control, at least in the abstract, and that you sneer at people who'd purport to overthrow the govt with small arms in the age of the NSA panopticon then that's good, and we agree on that.

i don't think you recognize the degree to which the situation has deteriorated in regards to right wing militancy, though, and why meaningful gun control is poison to any kind of national coalition (bernie being generally laissez faire about guns was a huge gateway for the libertarian set to accept his rhetoric).

Willie Tomg has issued a correction as of 04:38 on May 27, 2018

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
i'm going to be honest i can't tell if your post is a joke or not

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

logikv9 posted:

i'm going to be honest i can't tell if your post is a joke or not

okay. good luck with your posts and thank you for being honest. eventually.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Willie Tomg posted:

my seven-layers-of-irony days died with LF which is probably for the best, and i don't post much except in mercifully brief spurts which is also probably for the best. if that's not what you believe, then what do you actually believe? all i have to go on is the words you say and the conclusions that result from the words you say. if what you're saying is bullshit then that explains a bit, and its fine. i get that you're in favor of more gun control, at least in the abstract, and that you sneer at people who'd purport to overthrow the govt with small arms in the age of the NSA panopticon then that's good, and we agree on that.

i don't think you recognize the degree

here is my Convictions Report Card:
Guns: Very Bad, should not exist

Taking Away Guns: Very Bad as well, will preferentially target minorities, the poor. The wealthy and the white will be minimally affected despite owning a lot of guns.

Gun Control: Hell Yes

The Effectiveness of Owning Guns in the face of overwhelming Military Superiority: Small

The Effectiveness of Everyone Owning Guns in the face of overwhelming Military Superiority: Also Small

Violence to Nazis: Yes

Using Violence as a means to protect oneself from Nazis: Yes

Owning a weapon myself, at this current time: No

Owning a weapon myself, in the future: I'm not opposed to it

The Chances that the Right will successfully use weapons to take over the Government any time soon: lol

The Chances that the Left will successfully use weapons to take over the Government any time soon: lol

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Willie Tomg posted:

okay. good luck with your posts and thank you for being honest. eventually.

i'm sorry my habit of responding to posts without quoting them bit me there, that was directed to the previous poster. Apologies

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

logikv9 posted:

i'm sorry my habit of responding to posts without quoting them bit me there, that was directed to the previous poster. Apologies

my habit of lazily moving a hand off the keyboard and accidentally bumping my mouse bit me above there too, so you're in good company.

we agree on most everything of practical substance as you listed it, but i guess if there's one abstract piece of bullshit getting in the way its that i've had to make my peace with things in this world that piss me off, but i have to deal with them anyway. one of those things is being in a manual trade while remaining a person of integrity who never once had sex with a female subordinate, instead dating outside of work, and is therefore according to my coworkers probably gay which is definitely bad for reasons they get weirdly quiet about when i ask them to elaborate on it, but they put up with me because i can code switch like a motherfucker and thus am "good people". that really sounds like one of those SDTH things, but man... it ain't. some times the truth really is that simple.

another of those things is that everybody has loving guns, so i know how to fieldstrip, clean, and reassemble pistols and ARs in a timely fashion. i'd like to learn how to do that for AK variants in that nerdy kinda way where i dont like not having done things--and it ain't exactly rocket surgery according to the internet--but the last AK i touched was property of an old Drug Acquaintance way way way way back in the day, and as for needing to clean it.... well....

my point is: most people are pretty good when you meet them on their own ground. the ones that are pretty bad are in actual fact reviled by the pretty good kinda people, which is its own weird kind of coalition building in weird corners you'd never suspect never having met folks you'd otherwise disagree with halfway.

the right wing authoritarians will arm themselves not to overthrow the state, but to sashay into power, because they are the vaunted right wing base and everyone knows this on some level, most especially the right wing politicians who represent them. centrists will make correct noises about weapons regulation but in the decisive moment they will sit on their loving thumbs. that leaves active, committed leftists as the victims. and i know how that reads. it sounds insane. other things that would've sounded insane at the time are:

--20 years ago telling someone that we'd somehow avoid every actual liberal humanitarian excuse to invade iraq in favor of "some made up bullshit" and that everyone would just roll with it in defiance of international public protests that made the demonstrations against Vietnam look like a summer camp
--15 years ago that in response to his opposition to the above, we'd nominate a black candidate for president over Literally Hillary Fuckin Clinton--a premise that literally carried comedies until it happened
--11 years ago that mortgages of all possible financial assets would almost destroy the economy
--4 years ago that donald fuckin trump.... do i have to finish this sentence?

i'm not saying "lets get some guns and revert all this nonsense, hell yea!!" because thats dumb as hell on its face. i'm saying: guns are here. they will not go away. we aren't a functioning state like ireland where programs that destroy them can be trusted. we aren't a nation, we're 325 million little statelets utterly unprepared for such a task. a war on guns will go no better than a war on drugs. so like drugs: learn to use 'em in your lifetime or don't, and get ready to live with the world after the fact regardless.

Willie Tomg has issued a correction as of 05:56 on May 27, 2018

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

logikv9 posted:

me, small weak normal brain: "boasting and posting about how good your convictions are nonstop on a comedy forum doesn't bode well for your credibility"

you, Extreme Brain: how dare you claim that dippin dots aren't the future. you loving moron. you seem confused when forced to modulate reactions to separate statements like "ice cream is messy" and "the flavors are delicious, and better than normal ice cream equivalents", and

Sir, I just work at this Cold Stone Creamery

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

logikv9 posted:

the last sentence is too long for a thread title, can you reword it to something shorter tia
Part of being in a society is taking responsibility, and that means owning up, when you gently caress up. You lack that integrity, or more specifically, are denying that responsibility, if it means admitting that I am right, and you are wrong. You're not being fair, but you don't give a poo poo. But it seems I was foolish to expect you to not shirk that responsibility, and since I have no way to compel you to live up to that, the only thing I can say is: I expected better of you.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

rudatron posted:

This is nothing to do mastubatory power fantasies, this is about whether or not you believe the words that come out of your mouth.

Fascist regimes aren't just stories, they're history, and they happened. The political situation in the US is dissolving, and the possibility of real political conflict, of the kind that America has never had in your lifetime, is becoming likely.

If you're not willing to accept even the possibility of violent resistance, you will be shot by people with no such qualms.

No don't you understand how nuts this is, the past 35 years have been a totally stabld and permanently peaceful world (cept for a few baddies) it's extremely unlikely that there will be any major changes to thia because now wr have the inerbet and Facebook tying people together :riker:

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
Guns in America: Part of being in a society is taking responsibility - You lack that integrity

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
Logikv69, my simple pistol brother

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

unorganized leftists with guns will be wiped slightly slower than unorganized leftists without guns, as the old song goes "Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one"

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋

Trabisnikof posted:

unorganized leftists with guns will be wiped slightly slower than unorganized leftists without guns, as the old song goes "Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one"

Willie Tomg posted:

make yourself useful and take two brownshirts with you on your way out then.

:shrug:

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

organizing is really important to successful struggles and gets harder as the oppression ratchets up and is more important than caches of equipment or trained individuals

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

ThndrShk2k posted:

Guns in America: Part of being in a society is taking responsibility - You lack that integrity

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Trabisnikof posted:

organizing is really important to successful struggles and gets harder as the oppression ratchets up and is more important than caches of equipment or trained individuals

also if you have guns it is impossible to organize since people can only do one thing at a time.

personally, I choose posting.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Willie Tomg posted:

*a purported leftist squints real hard at a militant political group getting visible traction in the public sphere, despite a notable absence of True Theory or wrinkles in their brains, because americans respect groups who don't just let people work them over, even when they're highly embarassing*

"It doesn't look like anything, to me."

why does having access to guns matter so much when you never even use them, even when there's literal genocide going on

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

but i guess thousands of children murdered in schools and sent off to rape camps are a small price to pay for the future revolution which is totally coming any day now, gotta keep that powder dry, literally

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

do guns break if they get shot?

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

the only thing that can kill a gun, is a gun

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
New Law: everyone gets killed so the guns can live in peace, free from the fear of being destroyed.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
hell yeah

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Jose posted:

hell yeah

lol

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Jose posted:

hell yeah

im pretty sure this gun is in killing floor

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Jose posted:

hell yeah

man, leftists are gonna be able to defend themselves against the government and chuds twice as hard! a victory for america!

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Jose posted:

hell yeah

there are people in this very thread who will try to tell you guns are not toys for them to larp with

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Ze Pollack posted:

there are people in this very thread who will try to tell you guns are not toys for them to larp with

you cant kill 50 kids with a foam sword baka

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jose posted:

hell yeah

:lol: please merge this thread with the America is a third world country thread.

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1LtIsG5UTQ

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

this is yoga for straight white guys

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
Ban all guns expect bolt-action rifles and flintlock pistols.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

LegoPirateNinja posted:

Ban all guns expect bolt-action rifles and flintlock pistols. and edged and pointy things, safety scissors for every american!

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

mass shooting bump

https://twitter.com/JSOPIO/status/1033779451144888320

https://twitter.com/brianstelter/status/1033782133872119809

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

Looks like somebody's getting a head start on the new school season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I'm the floor littered with empty soda cans.

• Locked thread