Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

gun control plan" ban white people from having guns

they can have guns back when they've proven themselves responsible enough for them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:
new plan: socialized guns

everyone gets a gun and a monthly stipend of bullets

things will figure themselves out from there

Dairy Days
Dec 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/dril/status/453083105323409408

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I glad this is a purge planet.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

ppl always say that you need guns to protect yourself from other people w guns but what if they didnt have guns either

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
Off the top of my head I can't think of a woman mass shooter

Maybe just ban men from owning guns, have a DNA lock on the trigger that detects the xy chromosome and locks up if a man is holding it

drat this gun control poo poo is easy

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Dreddout posted:

Off the top of my head I can't think of a woman mass shooter

Maybe just ban men from owning guns, have a DNA lock on the trigger that detects the xy chromosome and locks up if a man is holding it

drat this gun control poo poo is easy

:thunk:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I’ve heard too much negativity around here

we need gun SOLUTIONS people!!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

smashes patriarchy too

it’s called, multitasking

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Chokes McGee posted:

I’ve heard too much negativity around here

we need gun SOLUTIONS people!!

heres a good 1

https://twitter.com/MurderBryan/status/981400743730180097?s=19

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

subjecting sex robots to the whims of CHUDs seems needlessly cruel

Gone Fission
Apr 7, 2007

We're here to make coffee metal. We're here to make everything metal.
kill all the white men

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

lol at american lefties being gun nuts

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief
america has a gun problem

which will not be solved

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
america has a racism problem and pretty much every other problem is a result of that.

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

op riddle me this:

how are black people in america meant to protect themselves from being murdered by the cops w/o guns??

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
there is no good excuse for a civilian, police included, to have a right to anything more than a bolt action rifle or break action shotgun for the purpose of hunting.

friendly buyback followed by forced seizure is a necessary step in stopping this onslaught of violence that makes taking lives out of temporary rage so convenient and easy. this will not be easy, it will even be messy. but it is necessary to have a safe society.

this is an entirely separate conversation from leftist revolution fantasies so don’t even bother.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av
It would be nice if there were licensing requirements. Even matching the ridiculously lax requirements there are for driving cars would be a start

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

Taintrunner, St Petersburg, September 1917.

"We must disarm the proletariat to end this onslaught of violence. This is an entirely separate conversation from leftist revolution fantasies so don't even bother"

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
relying on the state you seek to overthrow to protect your rights and ability to violently overthrow them is some literally cuckold bullshit

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

Taintrunner posted:

relying on the state you seek to overthrow to protect your rights and ability to violently overthrow them is some literally cuckold bullshit

I just want them to stay weak on it for as long as possible because class consciousness is raising exponentially with the information spread of the internet and capitalism entering its final super lovely stage following a period of relative middle-class prosperity (at least for white americans). (See the J-curve theory of revolutions)

Dairy Days
Dec 26, 2007

Taintrunner posted:

all you need is boot straps and gumption

Rhukatah
Feb 26, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo

Taintrunner posted:

there is no good excuse for a civilian, police included, to have a right to anything more than a bolt action rifle or break action shotgun for the purpose of hunting.

If bolt action rifles are OK then what's wrong with pump action shotguns?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
again this is literally a cuckold’s mindset. the second leftist violence becomes an actual threat they will change their tune. it’s irrelevant to the actual matter of a supposedly civilized society where you can freely shoot up a dozen kids any time any place, thanks to supply creating its own demand via the NRA.

Dairy Days
Dec 26, 2007

Taintrunner posted:

again this is literally a cuckold’s mindset. the second leftist violence becomes an actual threat they will change their tune. it’s irrelevant to the actual matter of a supposedly civilized society where you can freely shoot up a dozen kids any time any place, thanks to supply creating its own demand via the NRA.

well in this case i dont see why you wouldnt be supportive even as a means to an end

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

America has a gun problem? More like, guns have an America problem eyyyyy
:ocelot::smug:

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

i dont care enough about white high schoolers to justify a confiscation program that will be inevitably used to massacre people of color in their own homes

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

the bitcoin of weed posted:

ppl always say that you need guns to protect yourself from other people w guns but what if they didnt have guns either

give every american citizen a tactical nuke

there, now nobody will care about guns anymore. and they'll be nicer to each other, for fear of nuclear holocaust

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

jarofpiss posted:

i dont care enough about white high schoolers to justify a confiscation program that will be inevitably used to massacre people of color in their own homes

then just ban gun ownership among white people. bing bong so simple. if you think that's unconstitutional (not that it was ever a problem for bans on black gun ownership), just ban the expensive tactilol toys that only get bought by "hobbyist" nutcases and "collector" maniacs with money to burn and an addiction to the smell of gunpowder

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

jarofpiss posted:

lol yes, in fact what minority communities in America really need is more guns

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Clochette posted:

op riddle me this:

how are black people in america meant to protect themselves from being murdered by the cops w/o guns??

as a reminder, in the last major test of this theory, it turns out that antiaircraft weapons would have been required to avoid the death of all involved in firebomb+shooting the survivors as they fled the burning building

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Ze Pollack posted:

as a reminder, in the last major test of this theory, it turns out that antiaircraft weapons would have been required to avoid the death of all involved in firebomb+shooting the survivors as they fled the burning building

well, sure, because it was just one building. they called out 500 officers and an aerial bombing just to deal with 23 people (five of whom were children) barricaded in a single building.

if the neighbors had risen up against the police instead of cheering them on, it would have been a very different story. but that wasn't that sort of circumstance

individual resistance to the police is useless. group resistance to the police is a very different story

Dairy Days
Dec 26, 2007

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

lol yes, in fact what minority communities in America really need is more guns

hm good point, what we REALLY need is cops raiding homes in minority communities looking for guns to enforce the confiscation, that would go over really well and not be used as an excuse for mass murder at all

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

are there maybe measures we can take to reduce gun deaths without requiring the cops to break into peoples homes to steal their stockpiles cuz that's just gonna create a bunch of dead cops which they will use to justify the much larger pile of dead civilians

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

the bitcoin of weed posted:

are there maybe measures we can take to reduce gun deaths without requiring the cops to break into peoples homes to steal their stockpiles cuz that's just gonna create a bunch of dead cops which they will use to justify the much larger pile of dead civilians

What about taxing ammo the same way cigarettes are taxed?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Dairy Days posted:

hm good point, what we REALLY need is cops raiding homes in minority communities looking for guns to enforce the confiscation, that would go over really well and not be used as an excuse for mass murder at all

we can prohibit or ban guns and gun ownership without literally kicking in doors

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Dairy Days posted:

it's already illegal for a huge amount of black males to own guns

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

I've been saying over and over again since the shooting back in February that the biggest thing we can do to reduce the most high-profile mass shootings and also limit access to handguns is restrict ownership of anything that isn't a hunting rifle/shotgun (bolt-action, lever-action, fixed magazine low-capacity semi-automatics, break-actions) or handgun (maybe revolvers) outside of a well-regulated and costly licensing system, including restrictions on person-to-person transfers. Easy access to rifles and handguns with specific features that allow them to be used so effectively to kill lots of people should take months of time and hundreds of dollars in licenses to access, and should still present a significant hurdle for every transaction.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

RedneckwithGuns posted:

I've been saying over and over again since the shooting back in February that the biggest thing we can do to reduce the most high-profile mass shootings and also limit access to handguns is restrict ownership of anything that isn't a hunting rifle/shotgun (bolt-action, lever-action, fixed magazine low-capacity semi-automatics, break-actions) or handgun (maybe revolvers) outside of a well-regulated and costly licensing system, including restrictions on person-to-person transfers. Easy access to rifles and handguns with specific features that allow them to be used so effectively to kill lots of people should take months of time and hundreds of dollars in licenses to access, and should still present a significant hurdle for every transaction.

only if we do the same for the military and police

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Taintrunner posted:

this is an entirely separate conversation from leftist revolution fantasies so don’t even bother.
i think the folks making those arguments are still thinking about the foco theory which worked in cuba and think it can be applied to the united states while forgetting that the weather underground already tried it

• Locked thread