Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
It's one of those songs that's tells you exactly what to expect. I guess the recognizability is it's strength in a trailer?

I'm hyped, very funny to compare to the Road House trailer that felt unsure of itself and the action. Dev looks extremely natural in those fights, and glad to see there's a bit of humor too to break it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

kiimo posted:

fyi this is the non redband version. Subtle changes but the redband is more fun, like always.

Yeah, the detail I picked up on was the flames in the kitchen not showing up in the Youtube regular trailer. That moment adds a ton of spice

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Wait it’s been done for years and Netflix sat on it? Even after RRR was a massive hit on the platform? what are they (not) thinking?

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
I think I’m over trailers doing the “syncing up the action with the music in an over-the-top way” thing

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Baby Driver did it during the movie itself, which ruled. And Mad Max Fury Road made sure the drums lined up in part of the trailer.

In most cases it should to be an enhancement to the trailer and not completely take it over. Feels tacky/gimmicky otherwise

edit: I’m reminded of the trend of Anime Music Videos years ago - you could tell who just wanted to match every frame to a beat, and the others that let it flow without being too over the top.

Nybble fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Jan 31, 2024

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

The MSJ posted:

Somewhere Ken Penders is creaming himself. Or he hates this instead. Who can tell?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kETt59yn6A

Knuck If You Buck is a helluva song to pick here, hell yeah, let’s go

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

thrawn527 posted:

I think outside of Deadpool 3, we're going to only see him in projects where he can be seen drinking Aviation Gin.

in his owners box at Wrexham

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Unfortunately this is built in to how musicals are developed. What you think is a reasonably finished product can suddenly collapse in the presence of a paying audience, and now you're spending the entire try-out and preview period scrambling to fix as much of the show as you can, which usually means most of the first act gets sorted out and then the show opens before the second act can receive the same amount of attention. Wicked pretty notably spent three months between its San Francisco tryout and its Broadway premiere just doing rewrites, in which time they cut an entire hour off the runtime.

This explains so much, thank you. Specifically makes me think about how Hamilton felt similar: first half ends with a banger, and while the second half was good, it just didn’t hit the same heights.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Guardians + Dungeons and Dragons. What a coup to get so many high profile actors and yet they have so little to do?

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Hemsworth’s accent is so good

Also it’s probably fine that there’s some CGI given that the last movie had infamous set conditions

Nybble fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Mar 19, 2024

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Our Flag Means Death was very good, but totally understand it was a very particular kind of show. you were tired of his schtick, it doesn’t work.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
An absurd amount of violence can only go so far, there needs to be a decent narrative hook too.

Unless it’s the Raid 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
I actually hate the premise a lot?

gonna watch go watch Capricorn One instead