Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

joe football
Dec 22, 2012
Could a giant/colossal squid actually crush a submersible? Want to make sure my giant shark movie has tactical realism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joe football
Dec 22, 2012
Wolfenstein reboot looking incredible, but I hate it when they only show cutscenes

joe football
Dec 22, 2012
That looks so similar to the Korean Snowpiercer that they should just buy the broadcast rights to that and show it a thousand times, like a cable channel would do in the good old days

joe football
Dec 22, 2012
The dinosaur equivalent of racoons or pigeons are the only ones that are going to survive outside of a nature reserve. The next Jurassic World will have to be a faux documentary about state animal control officials having meetings on how to make tiny dinosaur-proof trash cans

joe football
Dec 22, 2012

The MSJ posted:

Does that include raptors? Because Jurassic Park/World raptors have been shown to be at least as smart as chimps, being able to talk with each other (even arguing) and read to a degree.

Being really smart hasn't really helped primates or say elephants thrive in the Holocene, but I guess pack hunting carnivores like wolves or dolphins would be closest to what raptors are in the movie and they do ok enough. So there can be a bit in the new movie with ranchers being mad about raptors taking too many pigs or whatever and wanting to up the number they can kill per dinosaur killing permit

joe football
Dec 22, 2012

Proposition Joe posted:

Why does Free Guy seem to take place on one single intersection in downtown Boston.

I'm almost positive that skydiving scene is Pittsburgh at least

joe football
Dec 22, 2012
Looks like it's going to be good/bad in roughly the same way King of the Monsters was

joe football
Dec 22, 2012
Based on that trailer, they're sticking really really close to the style of Shin Godzilla. Which was awesome, but not sure I need another couple hours of it. I know nothing about Ultraman beyond the SNES game though

joe football
Dec 22, 2012

Seems really weak even for a teaser, it's just a very slightly reedited scene from the prior films. Which I guess is understandable if the new one is a year and a half away, but why even bother with a teaser at that point

joe football
Dec 22, 2012
I don't think people would even need to hunt dinosaurs to exterminate them, at least larger ones. Any proximity to human civilization would not leave them with enough habitat to survive along with stuff like vehicle collisions and other ways to indifferently kill them off. As such, I expect this movie to be an extended dream sequence to account for this preposterous scenario

joe football
Dec 22, 2012
Can't believe they didn't film it exclusively in an isometric perspective with drones 100 feet from the ground and in 640*480 resolution

Not my Fallout

joe football
Dec 22, 2012
Gotta say that a palette swapped evil red kong seems like a really boring bad guy and a hollow earth jungle seems like a really boring setting(probably cheaper to render then fighting in a city though). Guess I'm superficial but seeing monsters wrecking the actual built human world is a big attraction of these movies for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joe football
Dec 22, 2012
That trailer looks pretty good except for the parts where anyone is talking

So I guess faithful to the games?