Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Zzulu posted:

All his trailers look amazing and then the movies happen

Get Out and Us were good though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Get Out is great Us is pretty good. Though no movie could live up to the Us trailer.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Cutting back to Auschwitz with the tone the show has was a terrible choice.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Vintersorg posted:

Netflix is goddamn great.

Canceled Marco Polo yet pumps more money into way worse trash so I must disagree.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

But if Jesus existed he would've been dead for several years by 33 AD.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

In the words of Victor Hugo, "[T]here is something more frightening than Cain killing Abel, and that is Washington killing Spartacus."

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

The Civil War has to be the one time the losers got to write the history.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 02:21 on May 17, 2020

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

The two most anxiety inducing sounds are the Sonic drowning music and the Unsolved Mysteries theme.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

McSpanky posted:

He's like that 90s fitness guru who was totally yoked but still had the head of a cubicle-planted spreadsheet geek, I wish I could remember his name.

Tony Little?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Yeah why mess with perfection. That trailer woulda been 100 times as hype with it.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

It's not Unsolved Mysteries without the occasional "Amelia Earhart was abducted by aliens".

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I was a huge kaiju fan as a kid and in fairness to Godzilla 2014 no movie could've lived up to the Oppenheimer teaser. Possibly the greatest trailer ever made.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

It did not. But again no movie could so I can't fault it for that.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

The Burly Brawl is especially weird is you coulda made it look just as cool using only face replacement there was no reason to go full CGI.

Also the terrible shot from above the trailer puts a damper on the highway chase.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

The song loving rules still.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Speaking of awesome trailers did they just decide to shelve The Green Knight instead of put it on streaming the bastards?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Ehud posted:

Why associate it with an awesome movie and character at all? Just make it a stand-alone series from the lovely AHS guy about a nurse.

It's so stupid. Nobody is gonna tune in because they wanted to know the character's backstory that wouldn't have tuned in if it was an original character.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I figured the leak had to be fake because the song is such an awful choice.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

LesterGroans posted:

I find it kind of endearing that Snyder either doesn't know or doesn't care that people make fun of that Watchmen scene. He just really likes that song.

It's a really good song. It doesn't fit at all.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Finding out they survived the initial disintegration and didn't die until they hit the ocean was upsetting.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Oh god I had no idea

Yeah the crew cabin was reinforced and came out of the disintegration intact - it can be seen in pictures of the disaster:

There wasn't evidence the cabin depressurized during the disintegration and subsequent fall and at least some of the astronauts took actions after the cabin detached.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

AFewBricksShy posted:

I learned about them possibly surviving all the way to impact with the ground (almost 3 full minutes) a few years ago, and it's kind of stuck with me since. I don't know that I could watch that doc.

This was the article that I first learned about the true story (which wasn't revealed to the public for obvious reasons):

Thirty Years Ago, the Challenger Crew Plunged Alive and Aware to Their Deaths

https://gawker.com/thirty-years-ago-the-challenger-crew-plunged-alive-and-1755727930

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

MonsieurChoc posted:

This goes all in on Trump, but Democratic big-shots like Pelosi and Schumer also knew and did nothing. This was a bi-partisan gently caress-up, like everything terrible in America.

Schumer doesn't control the Senate and track/trace and such is controlled by the executive (they're both terrible useless people, mind you). The bigger example of bipartisan fuckup is Cuomo in New York. But the buck ultimately stops with the president - if he hadn't hosed up at the beginning and had a national plan you wouldn't have had governors loving up down the road.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

MonsieurChoc posted:

...that's every medieval fantasy setting ever written, though.

From Software is canceled.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

muscles like this! posted:

It was pretty clear that they ran out of money in Skyline 1 because the big action scene that they spent the entire movie building to happens through a series of still images.

Wasn't it over the credits too?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I had no idea either way so I googled it and the coffee company claims they have no ties to Rittenhouse, monetarily or otherwise

Black Rifle was psycho before that. One of their founders made a fascist zombie movie.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

ruddiger posted:

Is that the lovely Range 15 movie or is there another fascist zombie movie I need to be wary of?

That is the one.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

DorianGravy posted:

I felt pretty let down by King of Monsters. One of the most compelling aspects of Godzilla (in some of the movies) is that he is presented as a force of nature. The idea is captured really well in this teaser trailer: https://vimeo.com/146985673 (which, to be fair, the 2014 Godzilla didn't quite live up to either.) So, to have King of Monsters center around a device which controls the monsters really undermines that aspect. They use it in the very first scene of Ghidorah, too. It turns the whole movie into a family squabble rather than the sort of disaster movie that it should be.

I'm guessing they had that pulled from the internet because it contains a monster that doesn't appear in the actual movie but I think it's the best trailer of all time.

I'm not much of a fan of the 2014 movie but I don't think any movie would've lived up to that trailer.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Killing off Cranston and sticking you with cardboard man severely hurt the movie for me. Actually surprised how likable his character was in TENET since normally I can't stand him.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I'm glad they got the original movie out before the games got up their own rear end with terrible and convoluted lore.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Roth posted:

Who was the dumbass that decided now was the time to drop a trailer that seems to be all about how sick and awesome this rich boss lady is

This is a lady who grew up in a castle who decided it was a good idea to dress as a Bond villain when she toured the Mint with her Treasury Secretary husband.

Also they used a government plane to travel to view the eclipse. Their combined net worth is close to half a billion dollars.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

feedmyleg posted:

I don't care how artfully you frame and light the commentators, talking head documentaries blow.

You are correct.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Won't lie using Emerald Hill made me smile.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

teagone posted:

Zack Snyder is cool and good. So is the the charging bull/red cape line imo. Gonna enjoy the hell out of Zack Snyder's Justice League™ several times over probably. Thanks for reading!

:dance:

This was funnier than the trailer so no thank you.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

B-Rock452 posted:

Can someone tell a 38 year old boomer what the freaking society line is all about because I have no clue why people care at all.

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/gamer-joker-gamers-rise-up-we-live-in-a-society

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

ShoogaSlim posted:

i can't wait for every character to come on screen and announce themselves by their character name in the first person. that definitely was only written in for trailer purposes, right?

I don't get why you'd have possibly the most famous character from the franchise - especially after he's already used lots of ice stuff - go "I am Sub Zero" just for a trailer.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Time to read 500 pages of the Mortal Kombat wiki to fill myself in on the stupid backstory.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Peanut President posted:

considering it's mk2 you just gotta worry about that

Already sounded like it had more lore than I remember that game having just from the trailer. But I did recognize all the characters from 2 though that looked more like Goro than Kintaro.

LesterGroans posted:

No I mean I literally want the entire film scored to only that exact version of the song

Also dub in the original GET OVER HERE.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Zzulu posted:

I'll watch the movie with the sharkman ripping people in half, why not

The shark guy is what sold me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Neurolimal posted:

I understand folks that aren't into the action-comedy tone a lot of comic movies have adopted, but I'm not sure I understand anyone who expected different from a James Gunn movie featuring Harley Quinn.

I think people are wary because the Josh Whedon style of "comedy" the Marvels have adopted is poo poo. Probably why Guardians and Thor 3 stand out because they were helmed by funny guys. I'll definitely be giving this a shot since it looks like they let Gunn make a DC Guardians flick.