Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

kiimo posted:

They aren't one sheets they're for specific uses like dual elevator placements but thanks for letting me know lol

Art in the world is a very aspirational way to put it. why that lady have a vagina flashlight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold
Hahaha they adapted the 'use lots of cg dust to hide the bad cg' method to the ocean. More water spray! More!

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold
Jesus y’all he’s British and didn’t even get on the air til 99 with Spaced when he was 29. Which was 24 years ago. I think some of you are just noticing how compressed 2017-now felt - we’re old.

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

I’ll see this because gf liked the trailer a lot, and it looks solid to me too. But I’m not a big fan of the trailer, way too much triumphant music for a revenge story. Your kid is still dead my brother in christ.

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

Of course! Trailers are not the movie. Just didn’t hit me quite right

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold
Sounds like a tough life, stanning for the studios. Good luck with all that. Hope you make their quarterly dreams come true!!

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

kiimo posted:

I'll try, thanks!

You’re welcs!!

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

Mordja posted:

I assume mostly because of his VA in the Lego movie? Which he was good in, so either he's decided to really phone it in or he was told to. :shrug:

But that character was perfectly cast - his voice was right for the character. A sunny naive happy go lucky Lego man.

Pratt doesn’t fit Mario or Garfield. He’s nowhere near the vibe for these characters, it would probably be difficult to find characters more diametrically opposed to his voice than those. Especially Garfield, especially since we have 2 legendary archetypes for that voice.

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold
I actually have no problems with the cg, but the color grading has issues. The initial Star Wars scroll had part of the landscape a nice sandy orange, and then dimmed it in the corners - that’s not how light works! I could argue the mythic feeling these stories aim for covers that and making it more striking is a choice, though. Also a lot of the face shots seem a little dust free, given the setting, but they are shot well. Perhaps they will even add cg dust! Looks pretty good overall.

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

Woodenlung posted:

a lot just look... qustionabel. but i do think the bullet shells dropping scene also looks straight up bad.

Yeah it’s too clean but idc. We’re gonna love it, notice the flaws on rewatch, and still love it

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold
A very funny thing about JLo is that she’s a strong actress, but not even the best singer in her own family and yet we’re more than 20 years into a diva career.

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

If you're wondering why Maximus was fighting in every war, it's because IIRC he was cursed/fated to do it, because he's the Roman soldier in the Bible that killed Christ.

It really is a bonkers, extremely out-of-the-box script.

Nick Cave, right? If I have that correct, yeah it’s crazy but sounds about right.

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

kiimo posted:

Jewish people in LA were furious at him way back when he did Jojo Rabbit and I remember thinking back then that is not really the group you wanna piss off if you work making movies

Wow that sounds awful to work within, what’s it like being so limited?

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

kiimo posted:

I don't get this joke or possibly just weird post.

I simply meant that it must be hard to work within a regime that would be so upset about someone’s honest work of art, that sounds so limiting with respect to ideas and what could be possible in the movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold
I love the baby Steve O. I will defend him to the end of the world.