Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

garycoleisgod
Sep 27, 2004
Boo

The Peccadillo posted:

Bunyip!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amEKz29tU-w
Needs to be a cooler movie about bunyips, looks bad

I admit that my memory of bunyip lore is not great, all I remember is they live in/around water and come out at night to hunt women and children. Is the red eye thing saying they can possess/influence people as well? I don't remember that bit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

garycoleisgod
Sep 27, 2004
Boo

Looks good and the "it's in the chicken!" gave me Black Dynamite vibes which is a very good thing imo

garycoleisgod
Sep 27, 2004
Boo

CelticPredator posted:

It just looks like it was shot on a soundstage which it probably was because Miller isn’t getting any younger and once again, fury road was hellish to film

This is the impression I got too, a lot of the shots seem, cramped?, in a way stage shot stuff does.

But that impression might be wrong and we find out it was all shot outdoors lol.

My main problem is despite his charm and talent, I think I need a Hemsworth break.

garycoleisgod
Sep 27, 2004
Boo

Clipperton posted:

Beyond Thunderdome rules you Philistines

and the kids are great, probably the closest we'll ever get to a Riddley Walker movie

I say "long long ago, in the before times" a lot.

Also, Savannah Nix is a great character name.

garycoleisgod
Sep 27, 2004
Boo
I like older trailers where they just give everything away and make sure there's a voiceover explaining things

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-M8PbnAiTc

Or if we are doing video games, a kind of parody of older trailers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=av5pqJaIeCk

garycoleisgod
Sep 27, 2004
Boo

I dunno, I don't see how he could possibly get a silent assassin ranking with these scenarios, but I'll give it a go.

garycoleisgod
Sep 27, 2004
Boo

LesterGroans posted:

But yes. Tombstone and The Quick and the Dead are much better modern shootouts. gently caress, I want to rewatch Tombstone.

Kurt Russell's "Oh my god..." when he realises that the confrontation at the OK Corral is about to go hot is an great cinema moment imo. Usually heroes are more stoic, but he really wanted a non-violent resolution there. Not sure how accurate that is to real life Wyatt Earp but who gives a poo poo?

garycoleisgod
Sep 27, 2004
Boo

confused posted:

That looks really good. Hitting the right tone is going to be hard, but it looks like they are nailing it. I loved the line about everyone wanting to save the world, but disagreeing on how. The only thing missing is that trailer really should have ended with some Ron Perlman.

I was expecting to see a Deathclaw, but I guess we got a short shot of someone in power armour fist fighting a Yao Guai instead.

Wonder if they are saving the Deathclaws for the actual show, or they are not in it at all.

garycoleisgod
Sep 27, 2004
Boo

bows1 posted:

I really liked Hunt for the Wilderpeople (and What We Do In The Shadows but I think thats a lot of Jermaine's influence.)

Has anyone seen his Michael Fassbender Coaches Soccer film? The trailers did seem a bit dire.

garycoleisgod
Sep 27, 2004
Boo

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Jojo Rabbit is stupid, evil, and hosed up hth.

Like any movie where you're supposed to feel bad for the Charming Nazi getting captured by Soviets can go gently caress itself. It's Bloodlands poo poo. It's a step away from Holocaust denialism (through false equivalency)

Between that and Billboards im praying they get my man Sam Rockwell some roles where he doesn't have to play the Shittiest White Guy on Earth.

I am not sure I would go so far as to call JoJo Rabbit evil, but Waititi does soften the books ending, where JoJo lying to Elsa about the war still going on lasts a lot longer than a few seconds.

Because he's a creepy nazi kid who wants to keep Elsa. So that does change the stories meaning a bit.

garycoleisgod
Sep 27, 2004
Boo

thrawn527 posted:

That is a drat good trailer, and I'm in.

Looks good, but it has me wondering what the cops actual plan is.

Like, there must be something that will stop Hartnett just leaving with his daughter at the end of the concert right? They can't detain EVERY dude at the concert right? Even if they search him, what could they find?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

garycoleisgod
Sep 27, 2004
Boo

Jimbot posted:

The Road Warrior is such an well-shot movie. It's full of nothing but gorgeous shots.

The shot where the camera is in the passenger seat of a car and we see one of Humungus' goons gets in the driver's seat and pulls up alongside the rig Max is driving which has been visible the whole time, is an all time great one imo.

I too feel a bit "eh" about the Furiosa trailers and I can't pin down why though. I wonder if it is just a style choice I need to accept. There are things that look green-screened that were actually shot outdoors for real.

It's like the recent The Fall Guy that had real stunts like Ryan Gosling being dragged over the Sydney Harbour Bridge that somehow look fake despite being real. Is it the cgi sheen being applied, or is cgi just a convenient scapegoat for when things aren't looking good in the eye of the beholder?