Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

DoctorWhat posted:

it's insane and frustrating how within 5 minutes of chapo trap house guesting on Talking Simpsons, there's a lovely joke about suicide and the word "bitch" thrown around for no reason. That's not what I came to Talking Simpsons for.

DoctorWhat posted:

There's a difference. I'm a far-left dude, I just find the Chapo Boy's humor crass and a poor fit for Talking Simpsons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
I would keep listening past that point because Talking Simpsons crew a.)actually kept watching and enjoying the show long after the point where a lot of people bailed, and b.)are seemingly the only people on the internet capable of acknowledge the weak parts of later episodes without descending into obnoxious hyperbolic fanboy rage and/or uncritically parroting Zombie Simpsons and acting like it's their own totally unique and insightful commentary. Thirty Twenty Ten has touched on episodes that aired in the 00s and them relitigating the That 90s Show episode as not nearly as bad as you remember it being was a lot of fun to listen to.

Also there's no way it could possible be worse than Worst Episode Ever.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

khwarezm posted:

Dexter's lab is the bomb, I still giggle like an idiot at things like 'Shut up and make me a sandwich'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZuKMo9u8CM

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Finding out that Doraemon's Arabic dub has him as a genie is wonderful, Aziz was a great guest even if he obviously wasn't a pro. I love learning more about that kind of thing in other languages, because as an American there's plenty of weird dubs and localizations (Samurai Pizza Cats and Duel Masters discarding the source material entirely and just doing their own thing with the dub, the various :airquote:jelly donuts:airquote: and :airquote:shadow realm:airquote: bowdlerizations of the 4kids era) but it's something that happens everywhere; off the top of my head I know Top Cat is still really popular in south america because they did weird stuff with the dub, or in other countries the dub of Scooby Doo didn't have the laugh track so its not quite as intolerable.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

JethroMcB posted:

Bob's "I just imagined a listener in an office turning their head, their headphones popping out of the jack and their entire office hearing this Bobby's World song, and they're immediately fired" aside on this week's What a Cartoon is the exact reason I removed all speakers from my work computer on my first day there, but still sweat about the possibility to this very day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3C0IN3fya3A

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

3 A.M. Radio posted:

Anybody know what happened with the whole Laser Time connection?

The new Talking Simpsons feed is from them making a clean break from the LT site after Chris Antista's implosion and subsequent radio silence.

bobservo posted:

Hey everyone, I wish I had more to tell you about the Laser Time situation but I honestly don't know any more than you about the content plan. As far as I know, Laser Time and 30-20-10 will be the only LT podcasts for the foreseeable future (since a bunch of them are banked), while VGA is going on hiatus. Cape Crisis, VGMpire, and Cheap Popcast will continue to be dead. These are not my decisions to make, but I do wish Chris had been more forthcoming with these changes instead of announcing them at the tail-end of a free Patreon-hosted podcast that wasn't labeled as a special announcement.

The people he's worked with have had to answer for him since he's gone radio silent (no tweets from his account or the LT account in over a month), and in case anything bad happens, or if these future plans for Laser Time don't work out, I don't want myself or Henry or any of the other podcasters to look like we're complicit (since a significant portion of our audiences overlap).

I'm glad Bob and Henry are doing so well on their own but without them Laser Time probably isn't long for this world. The eps of Thirty Twenty Ten and Laser Time since Antista moved to Florida are loving dire since they're just him and a single guest and he's always been the worst part of the network by far. The last episode of 30/20/10 even a really ominous line about not wanting the show to die without playing the Magnum PI theme at least once.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Am I the only one who hears that in the What A Cartoon theme song Hot Dad doesn't pronounce the N at the end of the title aside from at the very end?

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
I always thought that the "it helps with the urges" line in this ep was referring to the game itself rather the corn starch that they drew for it. Like that the joke was that they're able to instantly guess the other person's drawing because they play so much pictionary to avoid boning down.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
If he had had a gun this never would have happened.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
I'm glad they're continuing because Simpsons fans are fairly unique in how they've spent more time complaining about the show sucking and relitigating the exact moment that the show got bad than they actually spent watching and enjoying it and Talking Simpsons having a clear cutoff point would just be affirming these awful people. Like if you look at other similarly long-running shows most people just organically had a point where they fell off over time and they're happy to leave it at that, you don't see SpongeBob fans who have spent over a decade arguing about the exact season and episode that the show jumped the shark or going out of their way to watch modern episodes to complain about how much it sucks now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Nina are you the one who runs this channel or is it just a happy coincidence, because Japanese Simpsons clips are wonderful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkcYU4w0UEo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32QFYTTLbzs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1HhuxmJKUM