Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Coming in hot!

ANDREW CUOMO IS A BASTARD MAN

Feb

quote:

Governor Andrew M. Cuomo today announced a 30-day budget amendment will be advanced to fund voting reforms, including early voting across the state. This action will provide approximately $7 million in the FY 2019 Executive Budget for New York counties to offer early voting in the 12 days leading up to Election Day.

"Voting is the cornerstone of our democracy, and no one should have to choose between exercising their sacred right to vote and going to work, school or personal commitments," Governor Cuomo said. "By offering early voting across the state, we are further breaking down barriers to democracy and helping to ensure that all New Yorkers' voices are heard."

Yesterday

quote:

While most of the measures are proposed every year, electoral reform advocates like League of Women Voters, were buoyed when Cuomo included funding for early voting in his budget proposal. Senate Republicans, who hold a slim majority in the chamber, remain steadfastly opposed to any expansion of voter access -- which could put their ruling status at risk -- so the measure was not included in the final bills.

https://www.timesunion.com/news/article/10-things-cut-from-the-enacted-budget-12800668.php

Cuomo controls the IDC, a breakaway contingent of Dems in the NY Senate who vote with Republicans, which would have pushed this over the top. After the budget passed, lo and behold he makes them join formally with the Dems, as soon as early voting, ethics reform, criminal reform, a database to publicize the crazy amounts of cronyism Cuomo is pumping into upstate NY for "economic development" that doesn't create any jobs, real gun control, and loving decriminalization of abortion all failed to pass.

Cuomo engineered this by scheduling the special elections that would have given the Senate 2 more Dems after the budget negotiations, to appease his Koch Brothers and other billionaire supporters in an ill-fated attempt to get his presidential run started for 2020 because

CUROMO IS A BASTARD MAN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
illinois has the choice of bruce rauner or literal billionaire old-time dem crony shitman jb pritzker.

and the second-place dem wasn't great either.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

abbot is chodemaster supreme and one of our hopefuls is democratic rick perry

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Murphy is pretty ok so far op.
That said where's my legal weed binch

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
manhattan can't sink beneath the waves soon enough

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Lawman 0 posted:

Murphy is pretty ok so far op.
That said where's my legal weed binch

last i heard the state's sizable FYGM contingent was pushing back on pretty much all his proposed policies

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Oxxidation posted:

last i heard the state's sizable FYGM contingent was pushing back on pretty much all his proposed policies

Yeah pretty much.
He's trying at least I dunno

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i've had my fill of shittalking cuomo in the NY city and state politics thread, but let it be known that even arch-centrist evilweasel thinks he sucks. and don't even think for a second that nixon is going to win. our voters are among the dumbest in america

as for new jersey: lol if you trusted another goldman sachs democratic governor to be anything other than ineffective at best. also he's an unabashed Boston sports fan, which is somehow worse than christie being an unabashed Cowboys fan

get that OUT of my face has issued a correction as of 04:41 on Apr 5, 2018

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

get that OUT of my face posted:

i've had my fill of shittalking cuomo in the NY city and state politics thread, but let it be known that even arch-centrist evilweasel thinks he sucks. and don't even think for a second that nixon is going to win. our voters are among the dumbest in america

as for new jersey: lol if you trusted another goldman sachs democratic governor to be anything other than ineffective at best. also he's an unabashed Boston sports fan, which is somehow worse than christie being an unabashed Cowboys fan

I'm leaning towards ineffective right now but we will see how things shake out.
Though turns out being a diplomat is the not the best training ground for governing? :thunk:

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

I'll probably attend some Town Halls and scream at him though

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Is northham still hot garbage?

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
mama mia

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Governor Rick Snyder here in Michigan is a bad man who initially ran in 2010 as the "Republican but not Tea Party" candidate but then promptly rolled over for anything the further-right Republicans in the legislature passed and pushed through all those emergency manager laws and passed the buck on Flint. The only thing I can credit him with from memory is that he's pissed off local rich man Matty Maroun by supporting the construction of a second bridge connecting Detroit to Windsor, Ontario.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Scott Walker is a walking ham sandwich and I'm really hoping this coming blue wave is big enough to throw him out of office

I have no clue yet who's gonna run against him since the Wisconsin Democratic primary is wide loving open, there's like a dozen candidates with enough name recognition to do it. Paul Soglin or Mahlon Mitchell are my picks, but I'll see how the primary progresses

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
I guess Tom Wolf is ok, he's so remarkably unremarkable though. He's not good enough to give a poo poo but he's not bad enough you'd make an effort to want him primaried.

A particular Tom Wolf anecdote I enjoy is that the congressional maps that he proposed, that would have passed if the GOP controlled state legislature had agreed to them, were not as favorable to democrats as what the court forced on us.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/NickReisman/status/999677259962372096

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Rick Scott is literally evil incarnate, but at least he's term limited.

Can't wait to see what chucklefuck this state votes in next.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

haha gently caress

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

it sucks that jerry brown is a typical austerity supporting neolib and yet probably in the top 3-5 governors in the country

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
https://twitter.com/pareene/status/999682934356537344

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Yossarian-22 posted:

it sucks that jerry brown is a typical austerity supporting neolib and yet probably in the top 3-5 governors in the country

i can't believe that loving Terry McAuliffe, a ratfaced beltway freak, turned out to be one of the best governors in recent memory

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Yossarian-22 posted:

Whose your top 5 rn

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Lawman 0 posted:

Whose your top 5 rn

i just pulled a range out of my rear end that sounded right :aaaaa:

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

GalacticAcid posted:

i can't believe that loving Terry McAuliffe, a ratfaced beltway freak, turned out to be one of the best governors in recent memory

Terry McAuliffe was always a self-made freak, latching onto the Clinton for political opportunism and weird cult family Freudian reasons. He wasn't the corporate socially liberal economic gently caress everyone else type molded out of Harvard Business School infesting both sides of the political spectrum since 1980, and got hitched to the Clinton machine through him lending millions of his own fortune to their various campaigns.

He was never a leftist, or really anyone with deep political leanings. But he wasn't ever really hitched or beholden to the financial industry strangulation or third way nonsense especially prevalent in the 90s and still the norm currently.

He, like a lot of self made millionaires, is a weirdo, politically and otherwise.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Lawman 0 posted:

Whose your top 5 rn

1. :frogsiren: BULLOCK :frogsiren:

2. :frogsiren: BULLOCK :frogsiren:

3. :frogsiren: BULLOCK :frogsiren:

4. :frogsiren: BULLOCK :frogsiren:

5. :frogsiren: BULLOCK :frogsiren:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Shageletic posted:

Terry McAuliffe was always a self-made freak, latching onto the Clinton for political opportunism and weird cult family Freudian reasons. He wasn't the corporate socially liberal economic gently caress everyone else type molded out of Harvard Business School infesting both sides of the political spectrum since 1980, and got hitched to the Clinton machine through him lending millions of his own fortune to their various campaigns.

He was never a leftist, or really anyone with deep political leanings. But he wasn't ever really hitched or beholden to the financial industry strangulation or third way nonsense especially prevalent in the 90s and still the norm currently.

He, like a lot of self made millionaires, is a weirdo, politically and otherwise.

b. cardi is right

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Shageletic posted:

yeah he's a poo poo person and a weirdo but he was anti-charter school and he restored voting rights to felons. best governor in recent memory, bing bing bong, so simple

his beliefs don't matter

edit lol just realized this isn't the succ zone

GalacticAcid has issued a correction as of 18:16 on May 24, 2018

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

I remember when this happened and it's the only time I respected anyone in that campaign

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

hi, my state's governor is currently under threat of both impeachment AND indictment for trying to re-enact several scenes of 50 Shades of Grey with his hairdresser. that hairdresser is also not his wife.

of course, the same state lege that's trying to impeach him is also trying to do their damndest to scuttle a repeal of Right To Work.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

The Nastier Nate posted:

I guess Tom Wolf is ok, he's so remarkably unremarkable though. He's not good enough to give a poo poo but he's not bad enough you'd make an effort to want him primaried.

A particular Tom Wolf anecdote I enjoy is that the congressional maps that he proposed, that would have passed if the GOP controlled state legislature had agreed to them, were not as favorable to democrats as what the court forced on us.

Politics as usual in Harrisburg. Only way to force a governor out is to have him blaspheme JoePa.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

Politics as usual in Harrisburg. Only way to force a governor out is to have him blaspheme JoePa.

Happy Valley should've been burned to the goddamn ground and the entire administration, athletics department, and alumni association hung from the highest trees and left to rot.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

isn't the Penn State system technically not even a state college system?

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

get that OUT of my face posted:

isn't the Penn State system technically not even a state college system?

That is incorrect, you might be thinking of Pitt which is “state-affiliated” but not technically a state university.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

well, my state's lovely governor is going to release this statement soon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lql2g9SgJ6s

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Cuomo sucks rear end but maybe not as much as Cuomo defenders

https://twitter.com/mattbinder/status/1001541057748889603

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

congrats missouri on a governor too whiny to pull a dweyer :toot:

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Out like a dog sad!

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ofaloaf posted:

Governor Rick Snyder here in Michigan is a bad man who initially ran in 2010 as the "Republican but not Tea Party" candidate but then promptly rolled over for anything the further-right Republicans in the legislature passed and pushed through all those emergency manager laws and passed the buck on Flint. The only thing I can credit him with from memory is that he's pissed off local rich man Matty Maroun by supporting the construction of a second bridge connecting Detroit to Windsor, Ontario.

i know it doesnt compare to flint or anything but also his direct fuckery on keeping marijunana legalization off the ballot in 2016

Corny
Feb 18, 2006

i am scared
john hickenlooper loving sucks

cary kennedy and jared polis okay though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Cuomo sucks rear end but maybe not as much as Cuomo defenders

https://twitter.com/mattbinder/status/1001541057748889603
i have never met anybody in NY who defends Cuomo. he's too godawful even for evilweasel ffs

• Locked thread