Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Smythe posted:

mostly slippers and boots

previously high gloss, now as soggy

bunion bros

hosed up

:yikes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Caganer posted:

dissertation drama, ended up dropping out

pick and i and the king and queen of ranting about grad school in gbs

Oh was it one of those “write what the university wants you to” vs your years of research type things?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
It turns into a child, who will in turn be used and degraded by the authority figures surrounding him for his entire life.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Oh was it one of those “write what the university wants you to” vs your years of research type things?

they actually hit me from both ends - pissy when i did what they want OR what I want

first it was that my research was too "engineering" and not theoretical enough. i was one of the only people in my year to publish in my first year and consistently had more pubs than anyone in the department, but hey, yeah, whatever pal :rolleyes:

then when i worked on the stuff they wanted me too (which was a series of grants my advisor had) they said there was too disparate, they wanted 3 papers on a narrow topic rather than a thesis by publication.

(which is a neat trick with zero budget and no time because your adviser runs you ragged)

i could rant for a long time, but at the end of the day they were smug fucks that seemed to not quite grasp that someone with a master's in computer science has a very different set of options in english lit, and the "what are you going to do? quit? :smug:" approach that brings philosophy majors to heel doesn't work well when you've handed someone a free STEM master's and paid for them to fly around the world talking about how to touch computers real good

General Dog posted:

It turns into a child, who will in turn be used and degraded by the authority figures surrounding him for his entire life.

wrong, i am a special boy and no one tells me what to do

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
There was an old news story I saw years ago about some guy who donated a bunch of sperm in college and it was discovered that the clinic used so much of his material that there was potentially an large number of his similarly-aged offspring all in one geographic location. Someone interviewed about the case claimed that for a period of time they had been dating and engaged to their own half-sister without knowing about it until they'd gotten a blood test or something and they both learned they were children of artificial insemination.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Caganer posted:

the "what are you going to do? quit? :smug:" approach that brings philosophy majors to heel
It shouldn't even work well for Philosophy majors because anyone with half a brain who got one of those knows how to transfer the soft skills they've learned to literally anything.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Caganer posted:

they actually hit me from both ends - pissy when i did what they want OR what I want

first it was that my research was too "engineering" and not theoretical enough. i was one of the only people in my year to publish in my first year and consistently had more pubs than anyone in the department, but hey, yeah, whatever pal :rolleyes:

then when i worked on the stuff they wanted me too (which was a series of grants my advisor had) they said there was too disparate, they wanted 3 papers on a narrow topic rather than a thesis by publication.

(which is a neat trick with zero budget and no time because your adviser runs you ragged)

i could rant for a long time, but at the end of the day they were smug fucks that seemed to not quite grasp that someone with a master's in computer science has a very different set of options in english lit, and the "what are you going to do? quit? :smug:" approach that brings philosophy majors to heel doesn't work well when you've handed someone a free STEM master's and paid for them to fly around the world talking about how to touch computers real good

Oh yeah computer science was such a loving joke after the 90s. They p much started gearing universities to streamline jobs directly into military recruitment. There were literally no applied science jobs in the free market. So you spend an extra 2 years in school and still make 40k a year for some super boring job or make more money if you want to write software that kills people.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Oh yeah computer science was such a loving joke after the 90s. They p much started gearing universities to streamline jobs directly into military recruitment. There were literally no applied science jobs in the free market. So you spend an extra 2 years in school and still make 40k a year for some super boring job or make more money if you want to write software that kills people.

i actually did the phd because the only people making offers out of undergrad were the nsa since if you didn't go to cmu or stanford google et al can't give a poo poo. this was pre snowden, i am proud i thought they were dicks before it was cool.

the plan was to be a prof or research scientist, but researching dank memes and selling them is fun too :c00l:

mind the walrus posted:

It shouldn't even work well for Philosophy majors because anyone with half a brain who got one of those knows how to transfer the soft skills they've learned to literally anything.

that only works if your philosophy degree is from a fancy school or have family connections in publishing or finance something. otherwise you're starting out for 45 as a claims adjuster in an insurance gig like everyone else.

or you can... hehehehe... go to law school *chuckles*

Caganer fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Apr 6, 2018

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Caganer posted:

i actually did the phd because the only people making offers out of undergrad were the nsa since if you didn't go to cmu or stanford google et al can't give a poo poo. this was pre snowden, i am proud i thought they were dicks before it was cool.

the plan was to be a prof or research scientist, but researching dank memes and selling them is fun too :c00l:

that only works if your philosophy degree is from a fancy school or have family connections in publishing or finance something. otherwise you're starting out for 45 as a claims adjuster in an insurance gig like everyone else.

or you can... hehehehe... go to law school *chuckles*

What was your dissertation gonna be on?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i have some socks they can have lol

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

numberoneposter posted:

i have some socks they can have lol

M-mom?

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

What was your dissertation gonna be on?

Not going to get that specific :tinfoil:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Caganer posted:

Not going to get that specific :tinfoil:

Psshhhh well alright then genius guy jeez.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Psshhhh well alright then genius guy jeez.

I dropped out that means I’m a mere master of science

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
they test all sperm donated, but letting it fertilize a hamster egg

seriously, they have a way to destroy the outer chemical layer of the egg that is supposed to stop the wrong species sperm from getting in

then they let the human sperm fertilize it. problems with the human sperm will show up here.

of course, the fertilized egg has the completely wrong number of chromosomes which don't match and after like a whole bunch of cell divisions the entire thing is a biochemical disaster and dies out of severe chaotic dna mislinks and what not

but anyway, that's what happens

human hamster zygotes which self abort, for all sperm donated.

look it up!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Maldoror posted:

seriously, they have a way to destroy the outer chemical layer of the egg that is supposed to stop the wrong species sperm from getting in

then they let the human sperm fertilize it. problems with the human sperm will show up here.

of course, the fertilized egg has the completely wrong number of chromosomes which don't match and after like a whole bunch of cell divisions the entire thing is a biochemical disaster and dies out of severe chaotic dna mislinks and what not

look it up!

cool. i could still be a father, albeit briefly

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Caganer posted:

Well how is it even possible to get a PhD in computer science when everything is running a neon kernel and running basic processes?

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

It is a cruel god indeed that denies me the chance to eat my hamster hybrid offspring

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Maldoror posted:

look it up!

I kind of look like a hamster so we might end up with a Jurassic Park type situation

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Maldoror posted:

look it up!

I looked in an old medical text book and it checks out.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Caganer posted:

Caganer: yo I want to get a PhD in computer science not necromancy

University: gently caress you idiot

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

I work at the sperm factory and I can tell you first hand I drink that poo poo down as soon as its behind closed doors.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

dr.acula posted:

I work at the sperm factory and I can tell you first hand I drink that poo poo down as soon as its behind closed doors.

when temp agencies place you with factory jobs they always conveniently forget to mention the cum

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

dr.acula posted:

ah it's the little man that lives inside me prostate

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

how similar are jobs at the sperm factory compared to jobs at the dick-sucking factory? thinking of making a career move

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Caganer posted:

touch computers real good

Perminator rereg spotted.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Well, your file says GOON in big bold red text on your doner profile, so it’s unlikely anyone would chose to use your sperm. Though if you are lucky, your sperm will get accidentally mixed in with the sperm of a real thoroughbred man and you’ll have a chance to pass your inferior genetics on.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
It gets dehydrated and added to several popular brands of protein powder.

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost

Caganer posted:

i am an extremely intelligent man (many degrees and have seen every episode of rick & morty). i don't want to *raise* kids but i also wouldn't mind my genetic material replicating, and donating sperm seems like a great way to have that luxurious DINK lifestyle while spreading myself throughout the galaxy

is it guaranteed if i donate sperms they'll use them? will i have a way to verify? i don't need the money i just want to spread my memes w/o actually doing any work

I too have a few degrees but I don't match the minimum physical requirements to donate sperm.

I don't think they want any 5'-6" brown man genes mucking up their selections.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

why are there so many pointing avatars now

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
how much cum do they hold at any one time? Do they ever take in too much and put it on clearance? Do they have to get flood insurance in case they have a total cum spill accident?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

They practice a strict "you break it, you buy it" policy. Direct replacement may be allowed too.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Salty Josh posted:

I don't think they want any 5'-6" brown man genes mucking up their selections.
I'm pretty sure there isn't much demand for them either. As a 5'7" brown-enough man I "get it" even if it's hosed up. The banks only have so much space and money to go around, and women have every right to have whatever standards they want. Oh well, more sperm in me.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Turns out the salvation army only wants donations in cash and old clothes. It's unbelievable how difficult it is for a generous man to find a warm place to jack off.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Hey you could always set up your own sperm bank in your butt

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho

Colonel Cancer posted:

Hey you could always set up your own sperm bank in your butt

loopback.jpg

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Like hell I'm donating it. I worked hard for all this

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg
As a handsome genius, I should donate some sperm. But then what if I end up in a duel with my offspring, unknown to either of us, as we vie for the same lover? Or what if he takes control of my company through underhanded tactics and I hire an assassin to revenge kill this man, who I did not know was my son??

Too many risks.

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones
hello i am sexy man with genius IQ and large genital where can go for squirt seed into cup for free baby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
When *you* donate sperm?

Never

• Locked thread