Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

PRESHOW STARTS AT 5 EST and is scheduled for 2 hours.

MAIN SHOW STARTS AT 7 EST and is shceduled for 5 hours.

PRESHOW MATCHES!!!!

WWE.com says...
The Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal begins with all participants in the squared circle at the same time, and competitors are eliminated once they are thrown over the top rope and both feet touch the floor. The last man remaining is the victor.

So far, the following Superstars have announced their entry into the annual brawl:

Kane
Dolph Ziggler
Baron Corbin
Mojo Rawley
Tyler Breeze
Fandango
Tye Dillinger
Dash Wilder
Scott Dawson
​“Woken” Matt Hardy
Goldust
Heath Slater
Rhyno
Zack Ryder
Primo Colon
Shelton Benjamin
Chad Gable
Aiden English
Curt Hawkins

Stay tuned to WWE.com to find out which Raw and SmackDown LIVE Superstars will join this monumental match. Who earn their WrestleMania moment in the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal?

WWE.com says...
As first announced on Raw, the groundbreaking battle royal will feature female Superstars from all three shows competing to be the last Superstar standing in the over-the-top-rope melee. This monumental contest at The Showcase of The Immortals is the latest in a series of next-level bouts that exemplify the Women’s Evolution, which has also featured the first-ever Women’s Royal Rumble and Women’s Elimination Chamber Match.

So far, the following Superstars have announced their entry into the inaugural brawl:

Sasha Banks
Natalya
Lana
Ruby Riott
Sarah Logan
Liv Morgan
Becky Lynch
Naomi
Bayley
Mickie James
Mandy Rose
Sonya Deville
Carmella

Who will go on to make history and carve out their WrestleMania Moment by winning the inaugural match on The Grandest Stage of Them All?

This match is a result of a kickass tournament over the past few weeks since Enzo hosed off out of the company. Hoping for Ali, but this should be a fantastic match, and hopefully it gets the time it deserves.

WWE.com says...
Having proven themselves as the two of the best Cruiserweights in the world, Alexander and Ali will have their rematch, this time with the ultimate prize at stake on The Grandest Stage of Them All. Who will cement their place in history by capturing the WWE Cruiserweight Championship?

MAIN SHOW MATCHES!!!!

The Bar are good. BRAUNNNNNNN is good. C'mooon good partner!

WWE.com says...
The Monster Among Men has wreaked has havoc on everybody and everything from the moment he came to Monday Night Raw, but who will the one-man wrecking crew select to be his partner? With the glory of a potential WrestleMania moment hanging in the balance, will The Gift of Destruction be willing to work together with anyone? Will The Bar once again rise to the occasion?

It's a match. It'll be technical but boring. GO RUSEV!!!

WWE.com says...
SmackDown LIVE management split the difference and sanctioned a Triple Threat Match between champion, former titleholder, and potential usurper of both for The Showcase of the Immortals. This rivalry may have begun over a Top 10, but come April 8, there will only be one left standing.

Then, when Rusev replaced Sunil Singh in a SmackDown LIVE tag team match against Orton & Roode on The Road to WrestleMania and scored a surprise victory over The Viper, it was determined that The Bulgarian Brute will be added to the WrestleMania showdown, transforming the United States Title Match into a Fatal 4-Way.

New Day and Usos have battle many many times, but how will the presense of the fightening BLUDGEON BROTHERS impact the typical match we've seen so much of?

WWE.com says...
The New Day won the right to once again challenge The Usos for the titles at WWE Fastlane. As that rivalry began to regain steam, Harper & Rowan waited in the wings until they finally struck during the edge-of-your-seat title bout, decimating both teams and sending Xavier Woods to the hospital. The Bludgeon Brothers continued their onslaught the next week, defeating the only medically cleared members of The Usos and New Day -- Jimmy Uso and Big E -- and using brute strength to position themselves for a title match.

Given that The Usos and The New Day have a grudge to settle against the behemoths (and each other), it’s now a matter every team for themselves, and this one may not come down to who hits what move so much as who is physically left standing when the dust finally settles.

This gun b good!

WWE.com says...
Whether it be by way of his jaw-dropping display inside the Elimination Chamber or through his marathon-man performance in a grueling Gauntlet Match the week prior, Rollins has been on an absolute mission to reclaim the spotlight as “The Man.” Meanwhile, the always exciting Bálor stands as the first-ever Universal Champion, and given that he was never beaten for that title, The Extraordinary Man has been looking to reclaim a throne of his own for some time now.

Desire does not necessarily equal victory, though, especially at the biggest show of the year. No matter whether you like him or loathe him, there is no denying Miz's ability to come out on top in any scenario. On the night the Triple Threat Match was made, The A-Lister was a mere 55 days away from having the longest cumulative run as Intercontinental Champion of all time.

Who will exit The Grandest Stage of Them All with the Intercontinental Championship in their grasp?

HOLY poo poo DANIEL BRYAN IS WRESTLING!! :swoon:

AND HE'S WRESTLING SAMI ZAYN AND KEVIN OWENS!!

And I guess Shane McMahon is there too.

WWE.com says...
If Owens & Zayn defeats Bryan & McMahon, they will once again be SmackDown LIVE Superstars. If they don’t, however, they will remain fired. What will happen when Bryan returns to action at The Showcase of The Immortals? Will WrestleMania throw dirt on the grave of The “Yep!” Movement?

Have high hopes on this one. With miss MITB Carmella just around the corner who knows what crazy hijinx could occur?

WWE.com says...
Charlotte has been on a red-hot streak during her reign as SmackDown Women’s Champion, knocking off every opponent in her way, including Ruby Riott at WWE Fastlane despite repeated interference attempts from The Riott Squad.

To say that The Empress of Tomorrow is her most formidable challenger yet is an extreme understatement. The undefeated powerhouse has an incredible arsenal at her disposal, as well as a charismatic attitude that can give her a psychological advantage over any foe. One thing is becoming more and more clear every time she steps in the ring: Nobody is ready for Asuka – including Charlotte Flair.

Can Charlotte hand Asuka her very first defeat in WWE, or will the second-longest SmackDown Women’s Title reign come to an end at The Showcase of Immortals?

WWE.com says...
Bliss revealed her true colors on the March 12 edition of Raw when Bliss believed she was having a private conversation with Mickie about how she actually couldn’t stand Jax… only to find out that the cameras were rolling, and the mics were hot. Nia, witnessing this from the ring as it happened, became instantly enraged, chased after the panicked Alexa and then laid out Mickie the following week while Bliss still attempted to keep her distance.

What will happen when The Irresistible Force finally gets her hands on Bliss at WrestleMania? Will Alexa overcome incredible odds to prevail with the Raw Women’s Title yet again? Or will Jax show why Alexa wanted to keep her out of the title scene by triumphing over Little Miss Bliss?

Ronda showed up, pointed at Wrestlemania many times, and made some bad promos. Authority are still Authority. Oh and Kurt is wrestling too!

WWE.com says...
Will the pairing of Ronda Rousey & Kurt Angle, two of the most decorated sports figures of all time, silence The Authority at WrestleMania? Or, will Stephanie McMahon & Triple H overcome Rousey & Angle’s impressive pedigrees with Pedigrees of their own on The Grandest Stage of Them All?

ROMAN
REIGNS
THE GUY WHO
IS GONNA WIN

WWE.com says...
Reigns — who beat Triple H at WrestleMania 32 to win the WWE World Heavyweight Title — now has a second opportunity to show that he can topple Brock and become champion on WWE’s biggest stage.

Lesnar — who hasn’t suffered a loss since 2016 — has another opportunity to put Reigns down with the world watching and prove that WWE is, in fact, his yard.

Which of these two warriors will walk out of the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans as Universal Champion?

This match is gonna loving rule :neckbeard:

WWE.com says...
The storied history, unmatched talent and explosive nature of both The Phenomenal One and The King of Strong Style guarantees a tremendous contest, combining skill, faced-paced intensity and a mutual desire to win at any costs.

Who will emerge from The Showcase of the Immortals with the WWE’s most prestigious title around their waist? What will the two Superstars do in the coming weeks on SmackDown LIVE to gain important momentum?

Cena has been calling Undertaker out, who has been ignoring him. Will the ignoring continue? FIND OUT @ THE WRESTLING MANIA.

Yeah, this is a day early but it's :kingsley: WRESTLE-loving-MANIA :kingsley:

Get hype.

Also on this weekend is

THE BIG BIRD

21 Hoot Salute fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Apr 8, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
i lolled at jinder and kurts dumb faces and bryan's big smiling face overshadowing shane mcmahon.

DukeofCA
Aug 18, 2011

I am shocked and appalled.
I'm torn on the placement of AJ/Nakamura. I want them to go on last, but I also don't want the crowd to be tired and dead (though if anyone could wake them up those two could).

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Great OP and I am hype as gently caress for WRESTLEMANIA BABY! :woop:

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...

DukeofCA posted:

I'm torn on the placement of AJ/Nakamura. I want them to go on last, but I also don't want the crowd to be tired and dead (though if anyone could wake them up those two could).

I want them to go on as early as possible because I don't feel like staying up past midnight to finish the show.

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Night-time, all around

gently caress I forgot to type out WWE Championship on the AJ/Nakamura graphics. Muh consistency :gonk:

I think I'm most excited for AJ/Nak, IC Title, and MOTHERFUCKING DANIEL BRYAN :swoon:

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

21 Hoot Salute posted:

I think I'm most excited for AJ/Nak, IC Title, and MOTHERFUCKING DANIEL BRYAN :swoon:

Extremely same. Nice OP too!

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

The Smackdown Tag graphic of the teams makes it look like Xavier defected to the Bludgeon Bros

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
No matter how negatively I feel about the booking, I always get hyped for Wrestlemania

I am excited to complain about it with you all :unsmith:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

This is a loaded show I can't wait!

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

It’s wwe so I expect some awful booking but with the exception of maybe Jax-Bliss, everything else should be pretty good.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
you accidentally put styles vs nakamura after brock vs roman OP

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Night-time, all around

Do not even ask posted:

The Smackdown Tag graphic of the teams makes it look like Xavier defected to the Bludgeon Bros

gently caress, spoil tag those scoops friend!

Tomahawk posted:

you accidentally put styles vs nakamura after brock vs roman OP

I can dream :colbert:

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
Really worried about this one. So much good is going to be squandered most likely and I’m deathly afraid that they are only allowing Daniel to wrestle for one match to hype this mania and are jerking him around.

Hopefully I’m wrong

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Haven't seen it in live action yet, but this set already might be my favorite they've ever done. Like Manias 27 and 30 had a giant Mardi Gras pyro baby.

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Night-time, all around

Yeah, this set is fantastic. And ridiculously massive!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Cnrr7-nn5Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEnx-jJX-JA

:swoon:

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Night-time, all around

:siren: DANIEL BRYAN HAS NEW GEAR THAT ISN'T RED :siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCim_b8wKIQ

e - Loving all these Bryan videos :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7a8mgVTetn4

21 Hoot Salute fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Apr 7, 2018

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

This year I will be sleeping through Wrestlemania and maybe watching the highlights a few days later with a friend. GET HYPE.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Not gonna watch Mania this year, but I am HYPED for the Raw After/Smackdown Too

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Instacarting copious amounts of garbage junk food for this weekend NOW!

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I'm hyped as I can be but mostly I'm trying to finish freelancer stuff so I can watch this guilt-free.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

I'm hosting TURKEYMANIA 3 tomorrow.

I cook a turkey and we watch Wrestlemania.

I have a 21 pound bird and 15 pounds of potatoes to peel. I love having folks new to wrestling come over. The video packages really help bring the story to the forefront even if you are not a fan.

I'm hoping I don't poison everyone and that DB does not die on live PPV.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Have to watch when I get home from work tomorrow night but super excited. Awful build but it looks like an awesome card.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
who eats turkey what a weekass normal food let alone party food

dont forget to take your centrum silver in the morning, jeez

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Speaking of, I got

Dorritos
Lays Potato Chips
Whoppers
Chester's Puffcorn
Gushers
Flamin Hot Cheetos
Apple Chips
Cheddar & Sour Cream Ruffles
Dole pineapple juice
Pistachios
Salted Almonds
Peppered Jack Links jerky
Fritos scoops & Bean Dip
Nerds
Mike & Ikes
Sour Patch Kids
Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
Corn Nuts

I haven't done this in a while I think I went a little overboard.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

MotU posted:

Turkey is good nerd

My food lineup:

Buffalo wings
Cream cheese won tons
Sausage won tons
Vanilla malts
Alcohol
:420:

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

MotU posted:

The whole event started because I had to get rid of a turkey taking up space in my freezer.

It's more of a chance for other wrassle parents to watch the show and bring their children. I'm old and broken so I don't party like I used to

It's always a mix of closeted wrestling fans, old diehards and parents looking to get out of the house on a Sunday for free. I try to get everyone involved in the show, we take a tally of who we think is going to win the matches and stuff. It may be loving super lame but it's a fun time with my friends and family.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
my food line up is weeds + a sleeve of lotus coffee bicuits + like 10$ worth of taco meat and some taco boats

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

Beer_Suitcase posted:

The whole event started because I had to get rid of a turkey taking up space in my freezer.

It's more of a chance for other wrassle parents to watch the show and bring their children. I'm old and broken so I don't party like I used to

It's always a mix of closeted wrestling fans, old diehards and parents looking to get out of the house on a Sunday for free. I try to get everyone involved in the show, we take a tally of who we think is going to win the matches and stuff. It may be loving super lame but it's a fun time with my friends and family.

i didnt diss your event just the food choice dont try to cut no heartfelt promo on me old man

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

pizza
beer
nachos

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Gimme the greenlight, 'cause I'm ready to go...

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Night-time, all around

Turkeymania sounds loving awesome

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I'd be the champ coming out of Turkeymania.

I'll be hosting a Wrestlemania party at the local dive bar. The Royal Rumble was a huge success, so I'm expecting good things. There will be plenty of snacks to go around, but now I want turkey.

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

Fiving this thread for the OP alone.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

For the OP?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhSdfE4h9h0/

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Spectacular OP.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm still hype for Mania even now and believe it will also be good. Who's with me? :hai:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i hate Wrestlemania and i don't like it :hai:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Cavauro posted:

i hate Wrestlemania and i don't like it :hai:

Cavauro you hurt me like Tommaso hurt Johnny. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Cavauro you hurt me like Tommaso hurt Johnny. :(

Fam let's be real

if we get one single match out of Wrestlemania that would, if transposed to Takeover, not be the worst on the card, Wrestlemania is going to be a success

If three matches can say that it'll be one of the best Manias ever and still not in Takeover's league just because there will inevitably be valleys of good-ness in Wrestlemania because of the sheer length

I think there's a chance

• Locked thread