Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
They made the Jingu fight a lot more complicated than the original game- nice.

I will mention because I don’t think you did- Yumi in the English version is voiced by the awesome Eliza Dushku, aka She-Hulk & Faith Lehane. Add another badass to her filmography.

Comments on the Nishiki video forthcoming once I get the chance to watch it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
That was quite enjoyable. Though it is a bit sad that Majima takes a vacation for the ending.
But Kiryu has now become a superhero, judging by the way he mows through an armed SWAT team with just his fists. It does make that scene in Zero where he is worried about a small Yakuza family with guns pretty comedic.

Now that it is too late, I want to complain about your misconfigured auto-ducking again. You guys need to increase your "maximum pause", to a value that is higher then the pauses in your sentence. It was very noticeable during the credits discussion.
"where it's like <Music returns to full volume for half a second and then returns to low> you can <Music returns to full volume for half a second and then returns to low> you just always have <Music returns to full volume for half a second and then returns to low> quests <Music returns to full volume for half a second and then returns to low> and...."

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

achtungnight posted:

I will mention because I don’t think you did- Yumi in the English version is voiced by the awesome Eliza Dushku, aka She-Hulk & Faith Lehane. Add another badass to her filmography.

I think we did mention it back in episode 1? I remember a small comment about it from way back when, at least.

tonberrytoby posted:

Now that it is too late, I want to complain about your misconfigured auto-ducking again. You guys need to increase your "maximum pause", to a value that is higher then the pauses in your sentence. It was very noticeable during the credits discussion.
"where it's like <Music returns to full volume for half a second and then returns to low> you can <Music returns to full volume for half a second and then returns to low> you just always have <Music returns to full volume for half a second and then returns to low> quests <Music returns to full volume for half a second and then returns to low> and...."

Its never too late! I will continue to play around with my settings for things I do in the future, so comments like this are appreciated!

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
I really wasn't expecting Yoshiaki Fujiwara to show up in the cast. I guess the Yakuza devs really like wrestling, between him being there, all the wrestling moves Kiryu can do in Dragon Style, and all the NJPW guys in Yakuza 6.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
The fake Mizuki substory is in the original game too, DocM showed it off in one of his videos. No idea if Two Forks shows up again since he hasn't gotten that far.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
It has been a long time, maybe you mentioned it and I forgot. Sorry if so.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
:rip: "Two-Forks"

AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007
Please change my name to "The Guff Machine"
I'm not sure if I've missed them earlier, but there's a few finishers and general Heat Actions you haven't shown off yet: there's more double finishers in Dragon style besides the overhead flip kick and hammer punch, and different heavy->throw finishers besides the giant swing, including a backbreaker. There's also the Beast style's strongest Heat Action for 4+ enemies which is a pain in the rear end to pull off because it requires you to have full life (which the game doesn't bother to tell you) and you can only perform it off the SSST tackle, which means you'll easily take a hit in the process, making you unable to perform it.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

AnotherGamer posted:

I'm not sure if I've missed them earlier, but there's a few finishers and general Heat Actions you haven't shown off yet: there's more double finishers in Dragon style besides the overhead flip kick and hammer punch, and different heavy->throw finishers besides the giant swing, including a backbreaker. There's also the Beast style's strongest Heat Action for 4+ enemies which is a pain in the rear end to pull off because it requires you to have full life (which the game doesn't bother to tell you) and you can only perform it off the SSST tackle, which means you'll easily take a hit in the process, making you unable to perform it.

I’m gonna have to see about trying to get more of them recorded. I got a new one by accident when recording the first postgame video and I was completely taken aback by it.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

ChaosArgate posted:

I’m gonna have to see about trying to get more of them recorded. I got a new one by accident when recording the first postgame video and I was completely taken aback by it.

Basically, there's a different wrestling move up to 4 in a combo. You can even do them to bosses like Shimano too, back in Yakuza 0 you could Powerbomb Mr. Shakedown even.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Watched the Nishiki video and once again shook my head at the cheesy ending with so many things wrong. Oh well. Thanks for the LP, looking forward to your future work.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Jesus, this just goes on and on. It's like they saved 70% of the plot for the last hour of the game.

And Yumi wanting to destroy that money pisses me off. Give to charity or something, don't waste it in some dumb symbolic gesture. I'm glad she died.

Although when you think about it, this game's whole story is really weird because the "good guys" only appear good because of how much worse their enemies are, but in any realistic scenario you'd never support any of them.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The hilarity of the climax is that if Kiryu had not spent so much time turning around and dramatically walking away from people he has just beaten, and had in fact taken Jingu's gun (didn't even have to throw him off a cliff), everything could have ended much better.

But Kiryu is a man who knows the value of style, and that sacrifices must be made in its name.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Huh, really was expecting Kiryu to end up defending the conman at the end since he must know what could happen for swindling other yakuza. Ah well, Kiryu has never killed a man but I don't think it can be said that Kiryu has never helped kill a man.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
I thought John was a pretty normal term for a prostitute's customer.

That matches thing once happened to a friend of mine. He was delivering aspirin to some hungover friends at a rave, and then people swarmed him and offered money because they thought it was E.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Kibayasu posted:

Huh, really was expecting Kiryu to end up defending the conman at the end since he must know what could happen for swindling other yakuza. Ah well, Kiryu has never killed a man but I don't think it can be said that Kiryu has never helped kill a man.

He's operating on Batman Begins logic. The movie even came out the same year the original game was released.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Edit: Also I don’t have a good way of showing proof right now (shoddy wifi) but let it be known that this episode was posted from the real life Kamurocho, Kabukicho.

ChaosArgate fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Oct 26, 2018

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
I will vouch for my good friend ChaosArgate

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

The Little Match Girl is a short story by Hans Christian Andersen.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

https://twitter.com/chaosargate/status/1056183874084986881?s=21

Tiggum posted:

The Little Match Girl is a short story by Hans Christian Andersen.

That’s not quite how I pictured that story, not gonna lie. Thanks though!

White Coke
May 29, 2015
How many Yakuza have you seen wandering around?

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
How many MesuKing cards have you found?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Fish Noise posted:

How many MesuKing cards have you found?

I saw a couple, but weirdoes in gray and snakeskin suits got to them before I could.

White Coke posted:

How many Yakuza have you seen wandering around?

Dunno, but I did see one of the aforementioned dudes getting chased by a small group of thuggish looking guys.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
Any giant traffic cones?

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Bonus points if you saw a giant traffic cone, picked it up and hit someone with it, and the police never responded.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

https://twitter.com/chaosargate/status/1056767983203188736?s=21

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

So this is the last video I had prepared to go for while I was away. I’m home later tonight, but I might miss one or two updates trying to readjust from my long vacation.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Have there ever been people that have broken Yakuza's combat system over their knee like has been done with Dark Souls or literally any Platinum game? It honestly feels like literally everyone I know who has ever played or anyone I've seen played any Yakuza - including me - only gets through because they have an inventory full of health drinks and weapons.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
I just beat Yakuza 0 and now, even more than Yakuza -1, I want Hejjihoggu ga Gotoku.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

So as it turns out I'm bad at getting back into the swing of things, but in my defense this is all bonus stuff I did not care for when actually playing.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Merry Christmas! Jobbo and I watched the Takeshi Miike adaptation of Yakuza 1 from 2007 for the thread, so here it is!

I'm not sure if I can upload the movie directly to my channel, so we're doing this Rifftrax style. The banner links to a YouTube repeater which should pre-sync the movie with our commentary if you let it load and pre-buffer, but if you wanna do it manually, I recorded a quick intro with an obvious sync point.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
It was the best of times, it was the worst best of times.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

I've been spoiled by years of autoducking being standard in LPs, and was momentarily confused when your commentary didn't make the other video get quieter

biosterous fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Dec 28, 2018

Slowflake
Aug 18, 2010

I don't know what my favorite part was
1. "Never Killed A Man" Kiryu no scoping dudes with a shotty
OR
2. Staminan Royale is canon

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

I just found out this movie's available on PSN, so if you want to watch a version that presumably translates the names correctly, get it from Sony. :v:

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

This poster survived LPing Lunar: Dragon Song. Let's give her a hand.
Next up is the stage show, right? :v:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Haven't had a lot of time to devote to LP work lately, but I did wanna pop in and let folks know that this game's finally been given a release date on Steam.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1087407532048404480

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Finally getting around to editing more of the bonus content, here's all of the events associated with the first hostess, Yui.

Also before anyone asks, there is no commentary on the hostess videos, so the uncut/cut designators are just for the karaoke if you don't want to hear all of the button sound effects.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

This is the part of the post-LP life cycle where I say that the bonus features are still in the works, I’ve just been busy with work and my other LP to really sit down and edit these last two videos, but I’m hoping to get around to it soon!