Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
And now begins an ever increasing race for the villains of this game to climb up Kiryu's List of Things To Do Today.

AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007
Please change my name to "The Guff Machine"
You should really stop mashing Square with the Heat Actions that give you the opportunity to do so after you've already done enough damage to kill them, all it does is waste a ton of Heat on them when they're already dead.

Req.Martyr
May 4, 2016

I don't go by my caste, creed, or religion. My works speak for me.

That's dumb.

This is so much cooler

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

AnotherGamer posted:

You should really stop mashing Square with the Heat Actions that give you the opportunity to do so after you've already done enough damage to kill them, all it does is waste a ton of Heat on them when they're already dead.

The problem with that kind of thinking is that it results in less punching.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Reinbach
Jan 28, 2009

AnotherGamer posted:

Who hurt you that you would wind up like this? Using more heat actions would put them in their place.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
[watches latest video]

Calling it now. The fake person is Majima! That guy is just too cool to be natural.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
When Godspeed Yoko did that manly laughter, I was expecting her to take of her mask and reveal herself as Majima.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

An especially cold Kiryu today.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

fuckin rear end in a top hat move, playing a wasp, wasps are evil little fuckers and I’m glad it ate poo poo

glad to see Kano discovered that the ultimate hustle is legitimately sold goods and services :cool: and that the real yakuza life was the friendship he shared along the way

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Another fun video. Keep up the good work!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Sooooo I was looking over some older episodes to check something and I found a horrifying bug. I checked someone else's footage and didn't see it there so I must've done something right. :stonk:

(Episode 17, ~13:50 if you wanna see it for yourself)

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
*Ahem*

KIRYU, YOU AIRHEAD!

Hehheheehehehehehe

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
That’s the scene I always think of first when I picture Majima. Crazy guy crashing a truck through the wall. :D

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
So that’s how the Gagbooters substory ends. I’d forgotten. Also, glad all that Metsuke minigaming leads to something useful. I still wish we could do Virtua Fighter against Majima though. Maybe one day...

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Wait so did they remove Being able to chain into a grab from a finishing blow? I haven't seen you use any of those attacks so I don't know if you just can't or just haven't shown it off.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

No that’s in, I just didn’t realize it was a thing when I recorded this part, I think. It should be in the next video?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

ChaosArgate posted:

No that’s in, I just didn’t realize it was a thing when I recorded this part, I think. It should be in the next video?

Good, because what's even the point of Dragon style if you're not Power Bombing and Giant Tossing?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I was very behind on videos beforehand but now I'm finally caught up. Personally, I found the Akai brothers to be a real stumbling block. Even more than people like to go on about Shimano. And doubly so with Kazuto.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Kazuto was a troublesome boss for me too the first time I played but then I didn’t have the vest. Took a few tries to beat him without it. And I had more trouble with a boss yet to come.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Truly a tragic and awkward backstory for Haruka here. I can't help but think of one thing now, though- it would have been slightly better, in retrospect, if Yumi was pregnant before she got with Jingu and Haruka's father was someone else, but amnesia covered who. Possible candidates would of course include Kirryu and Majima. :D

And the cliched tropes just keep on coming!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Also I very much agree that the true value of the Majima Everywhere System is not necessarily this game but all the dumb bullshit you and your friends come up with. Like who's going to be Majima in the Fist of the North Star game?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

Also I very much agree that the true value of the Majima Everywhere System is not necessarily this game but all the dumb bullshit you and your friends come up with. Like who's going to be Majima in the Fist of the North Star game?

Oh that’s easy, its Jagi. :v:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ChaosArgate posted:

Oh that’s easy, its Jagi. :v:

I mean, I wouldn't know. All I know about Fist of the North Star is that Kenshiro hid in a hay bale once, kicked a tank till it exploded, his shirt explodes when he uses Hokuto Shinken, and Raoh. I don't' know what Raoh looks like but I know he exists.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

RareAcumen posted:

I mean, I wouldn't know. All I know about Fist of the North Star is that Kenshiro hid in a hay bale once, kicked a tank till it exploded, his shirt explodes when he uses Hokuto Shinken, and Raoh. I don't' know what Raoh looks like but I know he exists.

He is a huge man among huge men who once responded to his secret martial arts master asking him about the meaning of power by going nuts and declaring he would fight God.

He was then surprised he was not chosen as the secret successor to his tribe of kickmen and became cross about this.

Fist of the North Star should never be taken seriously.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

I wouldn't know either but the new game's Japanese dub uses the Yakuza cast for similar characters, and Jagi ended up with Majima's. :v:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ChaosArgate posted:

I wouldn't know either but the new game's Japanese dub uses the Yakuza cast for similar characters, and Jagi ended up with Majima's. :v:

Ah. I see. I only knew Ken was getting Kiryu's voice actor this time.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Just a heads up, I’m on vacation now til the end of Oct, and while I have prepared update materials for the rest of the videos I have complete, I might end up missing an update here or there. You can always check my twitter for updates though, I scheduled the tweets to go out ahead of time.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Dojima- Yet another example of a douchebag with a spouse who is way more loyal and attractive than he deserves.

Are you going to fight the game’s secret boss? Hope so!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

achtungnight posted:

Are you going to fight the game’s secret boss? Hope so!

I think it would be remiss not to, so yeah that’s coming down the line.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

I meant to do this as one video, but YouTube couldn’t handle it, so I split it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

So the way I hear it is this. They didn't know if there'd BE a Yakuza 2, so they just went nuts with the killing assuming there wouldn't be a 2.

EDIT: Also, now begins a long trend of Kiryu running away from his responsibilities and majorly loving everything up for it.

EDIT 2: As a discussion on Yakuza's 'Open World' nature, I'm with Argate on the idea that Yakuza makes Kamurocho feel alive, the fact that I can mostly navigate Kamurocho just by knowing the city from playing it. I like the point made that, Kiryu is as much defined by the things he does, as he is the things he doesn't do. He doesn't attack random civilians or steal cars or anything else that you crazily do in an open world game like GTA. So when Kiryu is presented to us in cutscenes as a stoic man with a heart of justice, that works, I can feel empathy for Kiryu, that I cannot do for any GTA protagonist, because you leave the story, grab a gun, shoot up a house and drive like a maniac. And by defining the rules around "Kiryu doesn't do these things" we now say the opposite. "Everything Kiryu does do, is something he would do."

He would play with slot cars, or grind out scores at a Sega Arcade. Go sing Karaoke with his friends and generally be a big goof.

A character can only really find focus when you see what they aren't doing.

Onmi fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Oct 19, 2018