Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

I don't know, I feel like the 0 anime is starting to struggle. The pacing of this past episode was really weird, and the hotel bit was wildly off-putting and creepy. Faris aggressively grabbing underwear-clad Moeka's tits (mysteriously swollen since the first season) on a bed during a slumber party while she protests. It's okay, groping your boobs while you fight back is all in good fun! And then we're supposed to jump back into Serious Story Time right after--really in the midst--of it? And earlier they imply exposing or groping Ruka to show Hyajo that he's a guy, which I glossed over at the time but together with this other sketchiness and Daru's character shift into hyper-perv, and really the acceptance of this as normal or fun, starts to feel like a trend.

I know this sort of fanservice--and really the nonconsensual poo poo is a few levels worse than "random boob shot!"--is nothing new for anime in general, but I thought this show would follow the first in being almost entirely free from that. Just disappointed.

e:
the Ruka-Hyajo scene is actually a really good example because Rintaro did exactly that several times in the first series, generally to check the world line as opposed to perving out but regardless of the reason he was yelled at for it and the message was clearly "Ruka is a person, you don't get to just grope someone out of nowhere, that's not ok".

rockopete fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Jun 18, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

As someone who didn't play the VN, this sequel lost me. Complete mess of plots that went nowhere and pacing that felt schizophrenic. It sounds like they could have adapted it better (different director and staff on S;G0), so credit to the VN there instead of the anime I guess, but I would never recommend this to someone who loved the first one. It's a drat shame, I had been looking forward to it too, and it had flashes of brilliance at points but that made it even more frustrating that it didn't end up go anywhere meaningful or interesting.