Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Goddamn spacenoids get off my lawn. Get off the crater where my lawn used to be. Get off my crushed existence.

I believe, given Neo-Holland's victory in the latest Gundam fight, legally speaking it's their lawn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
I want to speak in defence of the guntank for a moment. Imagine you are building a spacecraft for military purposes. There are guns and turrets on every facing, yes? But the White Base is not designed to look like a warship or spend all of its time in space. So it has this big featureless bottom that is constantly being threatened. Put one or more guntanks on there and the problem is solved.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

habituallyred posted:

I want to speak in defence of the guntank for a moment. Imagine you are building a spacecraft for military purposes. There are guns and turrets on every facing, yes? But the White Base is not designed to look like a warship or spend all of its time in space. So it has this big featureless bottom that is constantly being threatened. Put one or more guntanks on there and the problem is solved.

Yes but it has a high profile, low mobility and is very very silly. If anything threatens the White Base's underside just have Kai throw a rock at it.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Yes but it has a high profile, low mobility and is very very silly. If anything threatens the White Base's underside just have Kai throw a rock at it.

I will say, in defense on the Guntank, that when you're playing Gihren's greed, the sheer pleasure you will experience from finally teching up to Mobile Suits and deploying a even a single Guntank, watching its powerful cannons shred through the Zeek Scum sending them scurrying... it's truly unprecedented... Until you get the Guncannon.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Ok, confession time. I've been dragging my feet a little releasing this LP.

I had originally planned to build a model kit as I played, and release work-in-progress pictures. It was probably going to be a Hi-Mock, or a GM Sniper II (I love the GM Sniper II), or maybe something out of left field like the Turn X or the Heavyarms or the Efreet. Then, when I was finished, at the last minute I was going to show the "finished model kit"--and reveal none other than Bandai's Darth Vader.

But I was browsing Amazon while making my final decision, and I stumbled upon the perfect model kit to build for the LP. Unfortunately, I'd have to have it shipped which can take 2-6 weeks depending on customs. That model kit has just arrived, and it is none other than...

Dah-dah-dah-daaaah!

Other Peoples' Houses!

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Aw yeah this looks like a fun LP.

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!

PoptartsNinja posted:

Ok, confession time. I've been dragging my feet a little releasing this LP.

I had originally planned to build a model kit as I played, and release work-in-progress pictures. It was probably going to be a Hi-Mock, or a GM Sniper II (I love the GM Sniper II), or maybe something out of left field like the Turn X or the Heavyarms or the Efreet. Then, when I was finished, at the last minute I was going to show the "finished model kit"--and reveal none other than Bandai's Darth Vader.

But I was browsing Amazon while making my final decision, and I stumbled upon the perfect model kit to build for the LP. Unfortunately, I'd have to have it shipped which can take 2-6 weeks depending on customs. That model kit has just arrived, and it is none other than...

Dah-dah-dah-daaaah!

Other Peoples' Houses!

Oh you cheeky bastard

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

That's it I'm firing a colony at space.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Watching your exploits in the Dishonored 2 LP, I'd wager you'd succeed in getting it into space, but then hit the wrong target in the process.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
Don’t worry. The perk he gets from working with me is “bringing it around eventually.”

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

TheLastRoboKy posted:

But RoboKy, how would you fire Australia at space?

:downsrim:

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Dr. Snark posted:

But RoboKy, how would you fire Australia at space?

:downsrim:

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I love that because of G-Gundam there's an answer to that question.

G-Gundam is the series that keeps on giving.

Hell, the entire Gundam franchise is magical like that.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Let's Play Mobile Suit Gundam Side Story 0079 Rise from the Ashes

Mobile Suit of the Week Month? poo poo: Dom

Of all the rear end in a top hat Zeon mobile suits, the Dom is by far the coolest. It's a Mobile Suit with effectively Giant Robot Roller Skates. The Dom's too cool to walk anywhere, if it really wanted to a Dom could T-Pose across the modern 0079 battlefield like an honest to god engine glitch, blinding people with the giant flashlight it has built into its chest before committing some warcrimes with its cluster grenades.

I kinda lost track of this what with restarting the BattleTech thread and everything. Sorry about that!

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

brb moving to Brisbane

thetruegentleman
Feb 5, 2011

You call that potato a Trump avatar?

THIS is a Trump Avatar!

PoptartsNinja posted:

I kinda lost track of this what with restarting the BattleTech thread and everything. Sorry about that!

Lies! You're just trying to oppress Zeon because your from Earth :downs:!

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

thetruegentleman posted:

Lies! You're just trying to oppress Zeon because your from Earth :downs:!

Well, yes.

I am 100% down for oppressing the Zeon.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I love that he's defying orders and telling them all classified information because they gave him cookies :allears:

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Shei-kun posted:

I love that he's defying orders and telling them all classified information because they gave him cookies :allears:

It's Master Pierce Rayer's steely gaze. Nobody can argue with it.

Fun fact? In just a few short years, due to the endless space wars, EFF records have been so hosed up that if you and some buddies call in and go "Uh, we're with the EFF on long range patrol. Give us more guns, ammunition, and repairs. We might not be in the books", it will actually work.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

chiasaur11 posted:

Fun fact? In just a few short years, due to the endless space wars, EFF records have been so hosed up that if you and some buddies call in and go "Uh, we're with the EFF on long range patrol. Give us more guns, ammunition, and repairs. We might not be in the books", it will actually work.

That's not the crazy bit. The crazy bit is that the Earth Federal Forces would be 100% correct in sending supplies to that unit, because by that point 99% of all Zeon remnants are incapable of making it through two entire sentences without squeezing in a "Feddie scum" or a "Zeig Zeon."

The Feddies can be reasonably certain that they're either sending supplies to an actual EFF unit, or to a band of plucky magic teenagers hell bent on defeating some new atrocity.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Jul 20, 2018

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!

PoptartsNinja posted:

That's not the crazy bit. The crazy bit is that the Earth Federal Forces would be 100% correct in sending supplies to that unit, because by that point 99% of all Zeon remnants are incapable of making it through two entire sentences without squeezing in a "Feddie scum" or a "Zeig Zeon."

Subtlety is not Zeon's strong point, is it?

Then again, this is the faction who, in response to their Special Ops team failing to destroy a new Gundam, decided that the most appropriate course of action would be to grab a nuke and try to blow up an entire colony Just To Be Sure.

And they couldn't even do that right, since they blundered into the Federation forces on the way to said colony and got caught.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Rorahusky posted:

Subtlety is not Zeon's strong point, is it?

Then again, this is the faction who, in response to their Special Ops team failing to destroy a new Gundam, decided that the most appropriate course of action would be to grab a nuke and try to blow up an entire colony Just To Be Sure.

And they couldn't even do that right, since they blundered into the Federation forces on the way to said colony and got caught.

The thing about Zeon after the one year war is that it kind of drifted to three factions.

Most of them, being normal more-or-less sane people, went to the Republic of Zeon. It was still their country, the remaining government declared surrender, so go home and be a family man. It pretty much worked out for them, at least as much as it can in the Universal Century.

Some of them were big into SPACENOIDS and FREEDOM and such, so they wound up in the AEUG and Karaba when the Titans arrived. Most died, some joined up with Char because he's charismatic as hell and lead the AEUG for a bit and some joined up with Londo Bell, because Bright was in charge and Bright was the other main AEUG leader. Less charisma, but also less crazy.

And then you have the crazies. If a movement is called (X) Zeon, that's them. Basically, their goal in life is to get a bunch of Mobile Suits and commit some war crimes. They haven't really thought things through beyond that.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Let's Play Mobile Suit Gundam Side Story 0079 Rise from the Ashes

Mobile Suit of the Week Month? poo poo: MAX-03 Chop Chop Helicopter Onion

Chop Chop Helicopter Onion is one of the single most dangerous mobile suits of the One Year War and totally wasn't beaten in a single episode of the TV series never to appear again.

TheLastRoboky's Bane Model Update:

The interior of the Space Colony I'm secretly going to mail to Roboky when this is all done (kidding I don't know his address) was completely unmodeled, as were the solar panels. The manufacturer did include some stickers to put on the inside of the colony to make it look a little less lovely but, uh. gently caress that.

I have Green Stuff!

I know how to paint!

And I own flock! The solar panels I fixed with zip ties and metallic paint. Zip ties are nice because the stick to modeling glue just fine and with a shiny metallic coat of paint they catch the light at odd angles which makes them look like hundreds of tiny mirrors.

Stickers suck!

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

Impressive work.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

I don't remember where I found this but it's very appropriate.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
that's part of your charm dude

you find these incredibly bizarre things and not even you can remember where they came from

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

TheLastRoboKy posted:

I don't remember where I found this but it's very appropriate.

That's just a picture of you the last time you found a Funnel-Web in your house.

The Beam gun you're using sounds more like the original GDI Ion Cannon, just less bass-y

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

I'd like to say again that Prime Minister Darcia Bakharov and Vice Prime Minister Oleg are actually pretty sane. There's a scene in The Plot to Assassinate Gihren where they talk about how loving crazy good Gihren is at manipulating people, and that, gently caress it, this batshit insanity isn't what they signed on for. Darcia basically says "Degwin's in secret surrender talks, and THANK gently caress FOR THAT. And yeah, I know that could get me killed for treason, but be a bro about it, huh?"

Post One Year War, Zeon had a pretty drastic split between Bakharov's Republic of Zeon (the more-or-less sane majority, who were willing to go as far as to reintegrate with the Federation on "Seriously, the Zabis were the worst" grounds) and the various Neo Zeons, who went more and more batshit as time went on.

• Locked thread