Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

nine-gear crow posted:

For the record, here's one of the clips where Steve Blum talks about figuring out he was typecast as Spike Spiegel and shows off his Guilmon voice to counter it. Dude has phenomenal range.

There was an interview with him I remember where he said he'd go into the recording booth on the first day of a new project. He'd have spent ages working on a voice for the character, he'd give the first take his all and at the end think boom, nailed it. And then the directors in the recording booth would come back and say 'yup, that was great, Steve, but can you do it just a biiiiiit more like Spike Spiegel?'

Omnicrom posted:

Which is a pity because Level 5 actually does have good writers on tap. Danball Senki, especially the first season, is basically a parallel universe Gundam show and it's actually good.

Huh, suddenly interested in this. I thought it was just another merch-driven series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Cooked Auto posted:

Guess its high time I posted this one again because it feels relevant somewhat:

To be fair, 'everyone move to space and quit loving up the Earth, you colossal dicks' wasn't too terrible of an idea, the colonies were, by all accounts, actually pretty nice. Certainly better than the situation on Earth, by and large. It's just that the Spacenoids had this weird persecution complex that fuelled much of their diplomacy and tried to pull the biggest recorded 'WELL gently caress YOU, DAD!' in history. Then the few moderate voices (by comparison, no one was advocating war crimes or colony drops until much, much later) either died, retired or were outright assassinated and, well, nice knowing you, Australia, thanks for all the Tim Tams.

Lunethex posted:

The post really would have benefited from mentioning that a mobile suit team sent to do the gassing wasn't actually told what they were deploying, which to my understanding caused them to go mad. Then Gihren does Gihren :v:

http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/Cima_Garahau

A worrying amount of Zeon's shenanigans can be boiled down to 'Gihren gotta Gihren'. The man literally could not be anything less than a total prick.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Kurui Reiten posted:

When your response to "Son, you're acting a bit like Adolf Hilter" is "Hitler was a pansy, I'll show you how it's done", you're probably not a good person.

"What if Hitler, but too much?"

"No such thing, now back to the 'more orphans on colonies = more mass when it crashes' plan."

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

I think in terms of sheer units destroyed, Heero Yui is top of the list, but in fairness, half those machines destroyed were his own.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

AradoBalanga posted:

To be fair to Trowa, his fighting style is pretty much "spray and pray", except he adds missiles into the mix (and maybe once in a while remembers that the original Heavyarms has a knife as well). With that attitude, coupled with Gundam Wing's entire "we are totally a serious show, stop laughing at all the absurdity, no really stop it please take us seriously" atmosphere, it's no surprise that Trowa's got the most on-screen kills to date barring the more recent shows like you mentioned.

Trowa's a Gurren Lagann character who wound up in a Gundam show by mistake. Can you imagine what he'd be like with infinite ammo? He might actually hit what he's aiming at for once!

Rorahusky posted:

Gundam X Space Gun stuff

Huh, it's been a while since I used it, but I remember it almost being a 'once an episode/two-parter' thing. I only got through the first half, admittedly, but I remember it being used way more than a handful of times.

Kaboom Dragoon fucked around with this message at 13:17 on May 9, 2018

• Locked thread