Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

TheLastRoboKy posted:

I AM MAD. MAD ABOUT ZEON.

As well you should be, they are bad chaps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Zeon are a bunch of murderous lunatics, it's just that in a series about how war is a lovely thing even if it's necessary it's going to show off that the Feddies aren't at all perfect and then lust for sweet mobile suits and uniforms will cause 'Oh, well, I guess Zeon was secretly The Good Guy'.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

It's interesting to see mobile suit combat from a cockpit instead of third person.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Also Earthsiege 2 loving owned and I'd like more Mecha games even superficially resembling it.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I mean it's always been really clear to me that Zeon is way more Imperial Japan than Nazi Germany.

E: Basically, from what I understand, Gundam is about a flawed society fighting against a foe that attacked them first and the war is corrupting, bloody, and lovely even as it's necessary.

Night10194 fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Apr 18, 2018

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Why are there so many goddamn Zeon remnants, anyway. It seems every week someone turns over a rock and some new Zekes crawl out from under it.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Unicorn isn't very good, is the thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Everything about Unicorn's ending is also just bafflingly stupid. Glorious Space Samurai Zeon aside like everything about the stupid magic box was dumb as all hell.

• Locked thread