Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

PoptartsNinja posted:

Gundam AGE gifs
You can't post stuff like that without posting the best one, where the movie (aka, the one with a decentish budget) thought a beam saber was a solid object when it gets cut in half.

Also, hi Kirk Thornton! Don't think I didn't notice you in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

I'll just say this about Gundam AGE. It is the only Gundam series that I can recall where Gunpla kits were either shelved and never released, or outright canceled. That should give you an idea of how bad things got; the model kit division, aka the big workhorse department of Bandai Namco, had to axe their own products because they were tied to an unpopular show. But that's what you get when you turn what was to be an original Gundam game into a TV series and not ask the game devs if they could handle the jump from game to TV series.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

RBA Starblade posted:

You'd think they would run out of colonies to make new empires out of at some point.
Zeon has remnants on Mars around the UC 120s calling themselves the Oldsmobile Army, so they at least move out of the Earth Sphere eventually. They're named that way because they use older Universal Century mobile suits (like stuff from the UC 0079-0083ish era) retrofitted for the Martian atmosphere. Yes, even Zeon remnants are not immune to Japan's everlasting love of puns. Admittedly, the Oldsmobile Army are the last known Zeon remnants in the Gundam timeline, unless they come out with new content set during the Crossbone/Victory era featuring Zeon remnants, but that'd require Sunrise to remember that the F91 to Victory eras exist outside of a few model kits (such as the Abigorbine from Build Fighters) and the Super Robot Wars franchise.

No really, they just announced a sequel to Unicorn called Gundam NT (short for Narrative) and that the Hathaway's Flash novels are getting a 3-film adaptation as well. Even though Hathaway's Flash runs off the Hi-Streamer/Beltorchika's Children novels and not the Char's Counterattack film, meaning we'd get some serious continuity hiccups if Sunrise tries to connect Hathaway's Flash to CCA.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

chiasaur11 posted:

Looking up stats, apparently Trowa has the highest killcount of any Gundam pilot on screen. (I know. I was surprised too.) He even beat Amuro. Stock footage of Leos exploding is apparently good for something after all.

Of course, the only data I could find was pretty old, so I can't get the numbers for Setsuna, Flit, or Mikazuki (Who had a couple of years of offscreen mercenary work adding to whatever his on-screen total was), but it's interesting to see things like that.

And, of course, nobody matched Breniss Ox.
To be fair to Trowa, his fighting style is pretty much "spray and pray", except he adds missiles into the mix (and maybe once in a while remembers that the original Heavyarms has a knife as well). With that attitude, coupled with Gundam Wing's entire "we are totally a serious show, stop laughing at all the absurdity, no really stop it please take us seriously" atmosphere, it's no surprise that Trowa's got the most on-screen kills to date barring the more recent shows like you mentioned.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

TheLastRoboKy posted:

That's it I'm firing a colony at space.
Watching your exploits in the Dishonored 2 LP, I'd wager you'd succeed in getting it into space, but then hit the wrong target in the process.

• Locked thread