Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Koirhor posted:

Is there a confirmed episode count?

Lead to believe it's 12, 4 episodes per book. Some people were speculating that a final fifth season or second cour after a hiatus could happen this/next year to cover the final 3 books and end the story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
"Oh hey, a forth season of FMP! Good times ahead!"

There were not good times. Only sads. :( I miss the days of Fumoffu.

(So, over-under on Chidori having PTSD at this point?)

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Falken posted:

:( I miss the days of Fumoffu.
I love the shot in IV's OP of the tattered Bonta-kun doll. :smith:

Even if it isn't directly relevant to the plot, Fumoffu's shenanigans really helps sell the ideal life that that has been gradually torn apart apart more and more, especially through Second Raid and Invisible Victory.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Falken posted:

"Oh hey, a forth season of FMP! Good times ahead!"

There were not good times. Only sads. :( I miss the days of Fumoffu.

(So, over-under on Chidori having PTSD at this point?)

0.5, same as all other binary choices.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Something I noticed was that Sagaras M4A1 had an AK fire selector on it during a closeup. :downs:

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Finally at the parts where I don't know anything that's going on, which is exciting. I'm gonna be pissed if Lemon is killed off so quickly after saving Sousuke.

Falken posted:

Something I noticed was that Sagaras M4A1 had an AK fire selector on it during a closeup. :downs:

If you're talking about when Sousuke first gets to the arena, that's a close-up of Kurama, who's definitely using an AK-74.

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin
To be fair this show's editing isn't the best. Or animation. Or anything really.

I'm still loving every moment of it though.

KariOhki
Apr 22, 2008
This week's episode proving again that Tessa is the best.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
I liked the bit where the psychiatrist looks up Mithril. The text of the result she gets is the actual English Wikipedia article for Mithril with the Tolkien names changed to copyright-friendly ones ("Billy Buffins").

ultrabay2000
Jan 1, 2010

I can't get over "Sdurlycks Coffee"

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

ultrabay2000 posted:

I can't get over "Sdurlycks Coffee"

I did a double-take at this because I was certain it was some kind of obscenity at first.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
The on-screen explanation of Mithril with their bootleg Tolkien lingo was great.

Blight Runner
May 3, 2009
They're doing a good job of making each episode a rollercoaster of small victories and sadness. Not sure how constantly sad/depressing the novels stayed in tone, but I'm liking this latest episode for the balance.

Oooo, FN HiPowers for the henchmen this episode. I had to do a double take because it appears they did a custom chop job to make it a compact model. Pretty interesting choice. Too bad it didn't make up for that clipboard hand off animation. :downsgun:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Blight Runner posted:

They're doing a good job of making each episode a rollercoaster of small victories and sadness. Not sure how constantly sad/depressing the novels stayed in tone, but I'm liking this latest episode for the balance.

Each novel is an arc with advances and setbacks for the heroes, but the purely lighthearted comic interludes we got in the earlier novels were left behind with Jindai High School. All of Invisible Victory takes place after the comedy ended, though at the epilogue of the entire story there is a little bit of goofiness.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Blight Runner posted:

Oooo, FN HiPowers for the henchmen this episode. I had to do a double take because it appears they did a custom chop job to make it a compact model. Pretty interesting choice. Too bad it didn't make up for that clipboard hand off animation. :downsgun:
That, and SIG 553s for the Mithril forces.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Midjack posted:

Each novel is an arc with advances and setbacks for the heroes, but the purely lighthearted comic interludes we got in the earlier novels were left behind with Jindai High School. All of Invisible Victory takes place after the comedy ended, though at the epilogue of the entire story there is a little bit of goofiness.

It's really bizarre that the series just leaves behind half of its premise like that.

AtheistMantis
Oct 5, 2014

Rand Brittain posted:

It's really bizarre that the series just leaves behind half of its premise like that.

Fighting Boy Meets Girl. FMP4 takes away the girl part.

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.

AtheistMantis posted:

Fighting Boy Meets Girl. FMP4 takes away the girl part.

And really ramps up the murdering. So much murder... It's such a whiplash from the biggest threat be bring a pervert in a horse mask putting girls hair into ponytails

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

holy poo poo the animation in this episode was...

i would say rough, but that'd be an understatement

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I only found it notably bad in two places; when Sagara crawls out to attack the guard and the flames just go out for no reason and when he's running an obstacle course and they seem to have just moved the frames to simulate some of Sagara's movement. Other than that, and maybe when the trucker dude is opening the back of the trailer he's delivering, which is only a handful of frames anyway, it seemed fine to me. Yea, those things were kind of poo poo, but it was only two minor sections that made up about 30 seconds in total so frankly, who cares.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

tsob posted:

I only found it notably bad in two places; when Sagara crawls out to attack the guard and the flames just go out for no reason and when he's running an obstacle course and they seem to have just moved the frames to simulate some of Sagara's movement. Other than that, and maybe when the trucker dude is opening the back of the trailer he's delivering, which is only a handful of frames anyway, it seemed fine to me. Yea, those things were kind of poo poo, but it was only two minor sections that made up about 30 seconds in total so frankly, who cares.

i mean, those were the big movement scenes in the episode anyway. also chidori swimming was awfully stiff. but the main thing that stuck with me was the guard flailing around on fire

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Hopefully it's because the animation budget is being saved for the finale.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Animation was rough but the bleeping was funny.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
The facial animation was also a bit odd. Lots of folks with jello skulls.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Sindai posted:

Animation was rough but the bleeping was funny.
Really reminded me of that one Fumoffu episode.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Wait do we really have to wait until July 23rd for episodes 11 and 12?

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin
If it's the finale I'm OK with it given how this episode looked.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
nice try distracting me with the fanservice BUT I NOTICED THE ANIMATION, SHOW

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Farewell, marble-dwellers!

Raxivace posted:

Wait do we really have to wait until July 23rd for episodes 11 and 12?

That's a bit of a wait. I guess it'll be worth it if it gives the animation guys a needed break.

Hopefully, the blu-rays will get some touch-ups as well. I think the first volume comes out that same week.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Yeah, I’m really hoping that they touch this up for the Blu-Ray release because this episode looked ROUGH, and I’m usually kind lovely about noticing wonky animation.

That said though, the story content itself was great. So the finale is gonna be a 2 parter but it won’t air for a few weeks? Sucks but if they delayed so they can have fantastic looking finish to the season I’ll take it.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Just to be clear, I'm not sure that information about the airdates is accurate. I saw a random tweet that said that, an app on my phone I use for tracking anime says that, but I can't actually find a primary source for that.

wfwon
Apr 19, 2012

Coxswain Balls posted:

I'm gonna be pissed if Lemon is killed off so quickly after saving Sousuke.

Are they going to cover that part for this season? I am trying to wait til that part is over before I start watching.....

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Not sure what you're talking about, since he seems to be fine in this episode.

ZoninSilver
May 30, 2011
The past few weeks have all been delayed by a few hours, so there definitely seem to be some serious schedule issues.

Blight Runner
May 3, 2009
Hmm, looks like the HK USP is the standard gear for Amalgam's wetwork teams and the HiPowers were for their covert dudes. I can agree with that. The animation did turn out as rough as you guys said. Stuff like the arm movements for running and typing definitely looked janky as hell.

Also that reveal on Mr. Kalinium was a punchshot to the gut.Say it ain't so! :(

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

There's no effing way they're going to blast through the remaining three and a half books in a two-part finale. I will be really disappointed if we don't get a second season or a couple of OVAs.

Blight Runner posted:

Hmm, looks like the HK USP is the standard gear for Amalgam's wetwork teams and the HiPowers were for their covert dudes. I can agree with that. The animation did turn out as rough as you guys said. Stuff like the arm movements for running and typing definitely looked janky as hell.

Also that reveal on Mr. Kalinium was a punchshot to the gut.Say it ain't so! :(

Yeah, it happens. If they stick to the books there will be a rationale for it.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Midjack posted:

There's no effing way they're going to blast through the remaining three and a half books in a two-part finale. I will be really disappointed if we don't get a second season or a couple of OVAs.

I think people were speculating that there will be either a second 12 episode season or a FMPV later this year or next(/beyond) to finish it.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Szmitten posted:

I think people were speculating that there will be either a second 12 episode season or a FMPV later this year or next(/beyond) to finish it.

I'd be less concerned if the opening didn't include a scene from one of the final battles Behemoth vs Laevatein.

Midjack fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Jul 1, 2018

AtheistMantis
Oct 5, 2014

Midjack posted:

I'd be less concerned if the opening didn't include a scene from one of the final battles Behemoth vs Laevatein.

For as hype as I am for FMP, this thread is relatively dead, so maybe some spoiler talk is necessary.

For a series called Full Metal Panic, the mecha fights are pretty spaced out to have drama and plot happen in between. That scene is not from the final battle, it's from the big climactic battle that's most definitely the finale of this season.

Laevatein only fought like three times anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

AtheistMantis posted:

For as hype as I am for FMP, this thread is relatively dead, so maybe some spoiler talk is necessary.

For a series called Full Metal Panic, the mecha fights are pretty spaced out to have drama and plot happen in between. That scene is not from the final battle, it's from the big climactic battle that's most definitely the finale of this season.

Laevatein only fought like three times anyway.

I didn't remember the end of Come Make My Day but after review I agree with your evaluation.

• Locked thread