Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
"Oh hey, a forth season of FMP! Good times ahead!"

There were not good times. Only sads. :( I miss the days of Fumoffu.

(So, over-under on Chidori having PTSD at this point?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Something I noticed was that Sagaras M4A1 had an AK fire selector on it during a closeup. :downs:

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Blight Runner posted:

They're doing a good job of making each episode a rollercoaster of small victories and sadness. Not sure how constantly sad/depressing the novels stayed in tone, but I'm liking this latest episode for the balance.

Oooo, FN HiPowers for the henchmen this episode. I had to do a double take because it appears they did a custom chop job to make it a compact model. Pretty interesting choice. Too bad it didn't make up for that clipboard hand off animation. :downsgun:
That, and SIG 553s for the Mithril forces.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

There is a loving shitload of content for them to use from the Sigma manga, easily another 12 episodes if you ask me.

Thanks to this series coming out, I've blasted through FMP and Fumoffu. Second Raid is next on the radar...

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

I think the reason I love FMP is the real world with the mix of the black technology stuff like Arm Slaves, ECS and so on. The designs of the Arm Slaves themselves are really well thought out, showing the rapid advancements in the evolutions. Take a look at an M6 Bushnell, RK-92 Savage or the AS that were in the first episode of Second Raid (Mistral?), and compare it against the M9 Gernsback, ARX-7 Arablest or the Zy-98 Shadow to see just how rapid the development went. It reminds me of how jet fighters went from the ME-262 (1944) to the F-15 (First flight 1972, Introduced 1976) in a mere 28 years.

Also, the ground based stuff outside of the Arm Slaves is also enjoyable to watch.

It was this trailer that got my attention all those years ago;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDr--VxBK1g

Of course, I fell in love with the characters, especially Sagara getting into awkward situations and proceeding to dig an even larger hole for himself.

Falken fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Jul 7, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

I rewatched FMP, Fumoffu and Second Raid prior to this, so getting all the awesome musics of seasons past was just wonderful.

I knew they'd not try to cram it all in. Wish it was a 24 episode season rather than a 12. :(

• Locked thread