Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007
So Coachella 2018 is happening right now and no one made a thread about it. That's probably because the event is just inundated with ultra rich hipsters nowadays, something awful hipsters are all getting older and popping out/caring for disfigured goon babies, and the lineup this year is pretty terrible but still:

Youtube live link Stage 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TUBf6l7FBg

Stage 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dspNRzzOiVE

Stage 3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyh9blvR54Q

And Schedules for Fri/Sat/Sunday

Friday kinda sucked but there were some surprises since most of these bands/DJs/MCs I've never heard of:

St. Vincent was pretty good.
Greta Van Fleet was really good (Basically a modern Led Zeppelin with a singer that sounds exactly like Robert Plant).
War on Drugs was good.
Some of Kygo's set was good/ok.

Justin Martin and Soulwax didn't stream on youtube which is really lame, but both are really good and people should check them out.

gently caress Coachella, but it still does give some degree of visibility to some not so well known bands. I usually pick up 2-3 new bands/DJs/Person doing music stuff every year to listen to whereas I would not of if Coachella did not exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I was gonna go to bed last night but wound up catching Jamiroquai's set. It was cool as hell and they did Space Cowboy which was what I wanted to hear

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
It's too loving hot and I'm too old. But I've been enjoying watching it on Youtube

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

This Beyoncé set looks worth the price of admission. But yeah very weak card this year (a repeating pattern) so it’s becoming only more convenient to just watch it on YouTube anymore.

I enjoyed David Byrne’s set too.

Looking forward to Migos.

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007
I've always wanted to go at least one time but either work or school has interfered as it's always in the middle of April and in the middle of loving nowhere. I even have some old friends that live in Palm Springs that are like "No way, Coachella is like an hour away that's way too far when the city gets clogged with outsider perma gridlock traffic".

That, and all of my friends being late 20s or early 30s means we expect old people things like decent lodging and access to free wifi with a ton of bandwidth versus sleeping on the ground and putting in effort to find a WEP secured router worth breaking into. I don't even know if any of us know how to sneak an insane amount of drugs in anymore as the tried and true methods are probably now the immediate way to get busted at the car search checkpoint.

Even though a lot of us are much much more wealthy than we were in our early 20s, I imagine some of us will still press on to do everything the cheapest loving way possible (usually the richest among us all) resulting in tons of misery, drama, and being unable to function for at least 2-3 weeks post-festival because I'm sure the Jack in the Box in the middle of nowhere overloaded with people sure gives a gently caress about health standards versus the semi-decent sit-down restaurant across the street actually wait no I'll risk the food poisoning because there's no loving way I'm sitting down with you assholes to argue for 30 minutes on the 'optimal' way to split the check and calculate the tip even after refusing my offer to pay for everyone so we can get the gently caress out god drat it did you seriously just order loving coffee while we're trying to leave?

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
Are neither Eminem or A Perfect Circle allowing their sets to be streamed or am I missing something on the main website?

E: Yeah apparently they're just not. Some blurbs floating around that Eminem didn't want it because of surprises. APC I just assume Maynard's boner for recording live shows came into play.

sigmachiev fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Apr 15, 2018

Turambar
Feb 20, 2001

A Túrin Turambar turun ambartanen
Grimey Drawer
Please go listen to Nothing But Thieves. Don't know how well known they are in the US. I've seen them live 3 times now, with a 4th time coming in a few months. The little guy in the comfortable sweater can really sing.

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Watched the Beyonce set this morning on YouTube and, holy hell. It must have been amazing to see live.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Coachella is now 1 big name headliner, and two hundred bands nobody has ever heard of. I am all for independent music, but drat how about some balance?

I'll have to see the Beyonce set. I watched the Migos set in 3D on my PSVR headset like a dork, but it didn't do much for me. The gigantic Alien in the astronaut suit covered in diamonds was hilarious though.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
If you never heard a lot of the people at Coachella you might be old

Anonymous John
Mar 8, 2002
If you never heard a lot of the people at Coachella you are not all for independent music.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

done with both weekends ama.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

incoherent posted:

done with both weekends ama.

I guess nobody wanted to ask you anything.

• Locked thread